Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

He's safer from Trump's goons in jail?  Wtf?  Ankle bracelet v jail.  Doesn't seem like something I would have to think about very long.

Yeah I would probably take my chances on the outside at this point. At least you can control how many people potentially have access to you.

"Sharpiegate"

Washington Post

Investigation Rebukes Commerce Department for Siding

with Trump over Forecasters During Hurricane Dorian

Report confirms Commerce officials responded to orders from the White House.

TZYLNCF4T4I6VF6BNTYRN77CNQ.jpg

July 9 at 10:01 PM

The Commerce Department inspector general issued a delayed and harshly critical report laying out how political pressure originating from the White House resulted in the issuance of a poorly crafted and unsigned National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) statement on Sept. 6, 2019.

That statement backed President Trump’s erroneous claims that Hurricane Dorian was likely to severely impact Alabama and criticized the agency’s own meteorologists.

That statement, the inspector general found, damaged NOAA’s reputation for issuing apolitical guidance and eroded public trust in an agency tasked with protecting life and property. The report, however, contains no recommendations for punishing officials or major changes to department policies and procedures.

The inspector general, Peggy Gustafson, an appointee of President Barack Obama, found that the scandal that became known as “Sharpiegate” could have broader repercussions. The United States is bracing for what is expected to be an unusually active hurricane season, which comes amid a worsening coronavirus pandemic affecting multiple hurricane-prone states, including Florida and Texas. Just after the report was released, Tropical Storm Fay formed off the Mid-Atlantic coast, the earliest sixth named storm on record.

"The broader, longer-term consequence is that NOAA’s rebuke of the NWS Birmingham office could have a chilling effect on NWS forecasters’ future public safety messages, as well as undercut public trust in NWS forecasts,” the report stated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/07/09/sharpiegate-inspector-general-final-report/?itid=hp_rhp__no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news

We all know that Trump has a serious victim complex, but apparently he's taking it to new highs (lows?) now.

Trump the victim: President complains in private about the pandemic hurting himself

Callers on President Trump in recent weeks have come to expect what several allies and advisers describe as a “woe-is-me” preamble.
Gone, say these advisers and confidants, many speaking on the condition of anonymity to detail private conversations, are the usual pleasantries and greetings.

Instead, Trump often launches into a monologue placing himself at the center of the nation’s turmoil. The president has cast himself in the starring role of the blameless victim — of a deadly pandemic, of a stalled economy, of deep-seated racial unrest, all of which happened to him rather than the country.
Barbara Res, a former executive at the Trump Organization, said that when she worked for Trump, he interpreted nearly everything in deeply personal terms.

“Whatever bad happened, no matter what it was, it was always against him, always directed at him,” Res said. “He would say, ‘Why does everything always happen to me?’ ”
At times, though, Trump can’t seem to help himself, said people who have spoken with him in recent weeks, describing him as shellshocked and sullen about his declining fortunes even as he continues to insist he will ultimately win in November.

“We had the greatest economy in the world,” Trump said in an Oval Office meeting last month, talking about how good the statistics were before the coronavirus, said one adviser. An outside adviser in frequent touch with the White House offered a similar recollection, saying that Trump simply keeps on repeating, “I had this great economy and they made me shut it down.”
A third outside adviser in frequent touch with the White House said that in a recent conversation, the president seemed almost “inconsolable” and summed up Trump’s riff: Gripes about the great economy he built, now felled by the virus, and also how “some stupid cop in Minneapolis kneels on someone’s neck and now everyone is protesting.”

The president has also complained to political advisers that the media blames him for the protesters in the wake of Floyd’s death, and that no matter what he says, “it is not enough.”
He has been spending an inordinate amount of time watching television news and has been scrambling for ways to fire up his base and keep his loyalists supportive, with little in the way of a set daily schedule.

What a pathetic excuse for a human being. Also, considering that we already know Trump spends a bunch of time watching TV, I'm scared to think what an "inordinate amount" is.

And yeah dude, screaming racist dog whistles, typing "LAW AND ORDER" in caps lock, calling all protesters "thugs" and "terrorists", and publicly defending confederate statues and pining about confederate history is unlikely to ingratiate you with people protesting systemic racism against black people in the United States. Who would have known?

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

The Commerce Department inspector general issued a delayed and harshly critical report laying out how political pressure originating from the White House resulted in the issuance of a poorly crafted and unsigned National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) statement on Sept. 6, 2019.

I guess we know now which IG is getting fired next.

Archived