Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Here are some pictures from the last time a President tried to politicize Independence Day... July 4, 1970 - Nixon's "Honor America Day":

https://www.history.com/news/richard-nixon-honor-america-day-july-4-1970

ap-7007041242.jpg

july-4-1970_honor-america-day_gettyimage

1*skhv6PYUskpG8JQwfaL-TA.jpeg

gettyimages-98258287_feature.jpg

july-4-1970_honor-america-day_gettyimage

31367207564_f1b2799b16_b.jpg

That went so well that nobody tried it again for 50 years.  But I'm sure the Trump administration can pull it off without a hitch.

Image result for trump tuxedo england

Fashion is diplomacy, and so what did this wardrobe say?

For any man to bungle white-tie dress — something so regimented, so steeped in tradition, so well-documented — he must be a man who doesn’t bother with the details, who doesn’t avail himself of ready expertise, who refuses to be a student of history or even of Google. White-tie attire is more science than art. The fit of the tailcoat is just so. Great flapping yards of the white waistcoat are not meant to hang below the jacket. The sleeves should not stretch to the base of the thumb. The jacket is not to be buttoned. And so on. White tie is fact-based. One cannot fudge it. One does not make white-tie decisions based on one’s gut, lest one end up with the gut overly exposed.

The president’s iteration of white tie at the state banquet at Buckingham Palace was, in a word, a mess. The waistcoat was too long and too tight. The tailcoat did not fit. The trousers were voluminous. And the man himself looked so ill at ease in the whole unfortunate kit that his awkwardness loomed over him like Pig-Pen’s dust cloud.

How is it even possible that a 70-year old man, born into riches in NYC, can be a Beverly Hillbilly?

56 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm trying to figure out some answer to "did he just say the Moon is part of Mars?"  

And I'm pretty sure he means "science, except for that evil climate kind". 

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm trying to figure out some answer to "did he just say the Moon is part of Mars?"  

And I'm pretty sure he means "science, except for that evil climate kind". 

He is probably talking about NASA’s gateway program, which will build a lunar space station. It is part of NASA’s preparation for any future Mars mission.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/moon-to-mars/overview

It could also just be a typical dumb tweet with no logic behind it.  

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He is probably talking about NASA’s gateway program, which will build a lunar space station. It is part of NASA’s preparation for any future Mars mission.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/moon-to-mars/overview

I may have actually seen Trump say something of which I heartily approve.  Been wanting something along these lines since '69.  

(I really think going to Mars is a waste of money.  But a permanent presence on the Moon?  I've been saying for decades that if a politician came out in favor of that, I'd vote for Jessee Jackson.)

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It could also just be a typical dumb tweet with no logic behind it. 

Occam's Razor.  Go with the simplest explanation.  

Archived