Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

51 minutes ago, twa said:

Why not a month?

47 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Governors all over the country are doing it until the after he's laid to rest. Pretty standard for someone of his significance. Ya'll keep telling yourself that's standard for this situation though. It is for Trump.

47 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I think a fair comparison would be how long were flags at half staff for Senator Kennedy?

44 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I would think twa would at least be a proponent of giving McCain the respect given Kennedy. The difference is Kennedy and McCain were both serving when they died, so the tradition, as I understand it, is half staff until interment. Trump is revealed yet again as a petty, small man. Can't rise above his personal grievances to even pretend to be a dignified leader.

45 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

imo this should be moved on from sooner rather than later because in the end trumpworld is fundamentally a cesspool and always will be and this isn't worth too much energy as a singular item...it's worth noting for a day or two, as all the individual incidents are afaic, but not one to make extended story

this is the kind of deal that really does become the shiny object that distracts after an initial round of attention

Agreed, in that I don't really give a ****.  However, this neatly sums up Trump's unstrategic thinking.  It would have cost him literally nothing to keep the flags at half mast and release a milquetoast statement (written entirely by staff).  But nope, he can't put his petty grievances aside for one second.  Not even set them aside, just not go out of his way to act on them. 

10 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I would think twa would at least be a proponent of giving McCain the respect given Kennedy. The difference is Kennedy and McCain were both serving when they died, so the tradition, as I understand it, is half staff until interment. Trump is revealed yet again as a petty, small man. Can't rise above his personal grievances to even pretend to be a dignified leader.

Exactly, the pathological liar cannot even PRETEND to be a dignified leader!

11 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I would think twa would at least be a proponent of giving McCain the respect given Kennedy. 

I think Kennedy overrated, I do think they should be lowered again while he lies in state at the capitol.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

fwiw

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-did-the-white-house-raise-its-flags-so-quickly-after-mccain’s-death/ar-BBMvB6C?li=BBnb7Kz

imo this should be moved on from sooner rather than later because in the end trumpworld is fundamentally a cesspool and always will be and this isn't worth too much energy as a singular item...it's worth noting for a day or two, as all the individual incidents are afaic, but not one to make extended story

this is the kind of deal that really does become the shiny object that distracts after an initial round of attention

It is an example of the massive dysfunction of our government under Trump, which is a very big deal. "
"Lower the flags to half mast"
"Oh ****, the WH flags are at full mast and the Washington Monument flags are at half mast!"

"Quick, get the word out to raise all the flags!"

Add to that our President is so toxic that he isn't invited to a former presidential nominee of his own party. And two former presidents are going to take thinly veiled shots at him in their eulogies. Our nation is a mess.

Add: We most definitely will be talking about Trump's inevitable next atrocity tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Add to that our President is so toxic that he isn't invited to a former presidential nominee of his own party. And two former presidents are going to take thinly veiled shots at him in their eulogies. Our nation is a mess.

I think the two former presidents are going to talk about honor and courage and trying to do the right things, exactly what they (or anyone else) would talk about regardless of who the current occupant of the White House is.

Everyone will interpret that to be taking shots at Trump.  :ols:

Something I'm pondering, does anyone think Trump has enemies he considers honorable?

Not rhetorical, i'm wondering if he's ever defeated someone graciously.

Like generally when you achieve that final victory over an enemy, their death and your continued existence, you adopt an honorable tone, and this goes doubly for honorable opponents.

But I wonder if Trump even has that concept.

More than ever, Trump is acting by feeling and instinct. “Trump is nuts,” said one former West Wing official. “This time really feels different.” Deputy Chief of Staff Bill Shine has privately expressed concern, a source said, telling a friend that Trump’s emotional state is “very tender.” Even Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are unsettled that Trump is so gleefully acting on his most self-destructive impulses as his legal peril grows. According to a source, Jared and Ivanka told Trump that stripping security clearances from former intelligence officials would backfire, but Trump ignored them. Kushner later told a friend Trump “got joy” out of taking away John Brennan’s clearance. His reaction to the death of John McCain—quashing a White House statement in praise of the senator, and restoring White House flags to full staff—falls into the same self-indulgent category.

10 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

So, he not only wants to pardon a man convicted of being a Russian agent, he is demanding that one of his subordinates claim that he wanted Trump to do it. 

Be be a man, Trump. (Or at least pretend to be one, on TV.)  Do what you want, and stand up and take credit for it. 

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

"Yeah, I had sex with all those women while I was married. But I was never unfaithful."  

Should be about as believable as "Yeah, the entire top level of my campaign met with a person representing the GRU, for the purpose of negotiating how to get the GRU to help me get elected, and I bragged about the negotiation being successful, hours later.  But 'no collusion'."  

Maybe if trump were to.. oh,, i dont know,, fly a fighter bomber mission over hostile enemies, get shot down, break both legs, get beaten and dragged through the streets of the enemy capital, be tortured repeatedly...  and then during forced video confessions, he could maybe blink "I didn't **** any of them and this is all a witch hunt" in morse code with his eyelids... THEN maybe he would have the integrity needed to be recognized as a patriot who's love for country should not be doubted.

Instead he IS our enemy.

~Bang

(for any who don't know,, that is what McCain did. His morse code blinking was to alert Americans to his torture while he read forced statements. the North Vietnamese did not follow Geneva conventions because they insisted prisoners were criminals involved in a criminal act, and not POWs. )

*UPDATE*UPDATE*

"Upon being informed that infamous Extremeskins poster 'twa' was defending their position on the matter, the White House has officially ordered the re-lowering of the flag to half-mast."

:P

(they really did re-lower the flag lol---what a moronic **** show)

18 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

*UPDATE*UPDATE*

"Upon being informed that infamous Extremeskins poster 'twa' was defending their position on the matter, the White House has officially ordered the re-lowering of the flag to half-mast."

:P

(they really did re-lower the flag lol---what a moronic **** show)

:ols: are you serious??

Good god. These morons can't even get being disrespectful to a war hero right. They literally **** up everything they touch...good, bad, criminal, non-criminal. What a complete goat rodeo. 

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I bet they somehow convinced Trump that lowering the flag again was actually in respect to him and his amazingly magnanimous act of sending out a statement praising McCain.

Did he include his picture again in the announcement? It's hard to beleive that he (or his communication team) are not deliberately trolling.

Dlg7fhEX0AAqf8z.jpg

Archived