Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Just the same boogeyman fear mongering they always do. 

They know fear drives their voters and that’s what they feed them 24/7. They can’t have honest or intelligent discussions with their voters on policies and issues because they won’t understand or just don’t care. It’s why even single issue voters within that party have to have it framed to them thru overwhelming fear mongering, like gun control, it’s either “exactly how things are” or ”the left is going to take all of your guns, kill you while you’re defenseless and **** on your graves” with no middle ground toward actual honest discussion 

2 hours ago, visionary said:

We're so ****ed for decades to come.

i've been thinking that if by some miraculous circumstance dems gained a huge power advantage for a few terms, there should be a way to rewrite whatever :D and go back and remove a whole passel of dem boys.

at least i hope that's a wild-eyed goal.

the comparatively  "non-political" branch of the fed government,  the judiciary, has been political to varying degrees at various levels all along of course, but it's become a lot more blatant and openly acknowledged in the last couple decades, even while they still celebrate its comparative independence

Persoanlly, I don't want to go back in any sense, I want a movement to go forward, write new and better regs and restrictions to keep this kind of horse**** from happening again.

Oh, and an open season on Nazis, I'm gonna insist on that one.................

I know it sets a bad precedent but if Trump is found to have been guilty of working with Russia to win the election, he really should have his appointments annulled. 

He would quite literally have committed treason to win the presidency and as such, lifetime apppontments he has made should not stick and Pence shouldn’t become President either. What is the penalty in that scenario? 

It basically screams “cheat and do whatever you have to do to win the election because on the off chance that you’re caught, everything stays the same, one person will just be removed from office” 

what would ever stop a corrupt party from signing up for that every single time?  There needs to be actual repercussions 

1 minute ago, LD0506 said:

Persoanlly, I don't want to go back in any sense, I want a movement to go forward, write new and better regs and restrictions to keep this kind of horse**** from happening again.

Oh, and an open season on Nazis, I'm gonna insist on that one.................

actually, the one ideas i had was maybe they could over-turn the life appt part. dunno why not. just say, "hey, we've looked at that again and it's stupid. we're gonna do it like the fbi head and make it a 10 year term then we get new blood" kinda deal

but yeah...lotta changes need to be made..gotta start shutting down the malevolent-stupid units sooner and more firmly, singly or in groups 

and don needs to lose his voice

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The judicial appointees, based on 4 minutes of Google, seem like pretty run of the mill conservative judges that President Jeb Bush would have appointed. This doesn’t appear to be a US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit judge Milo Yananananaanapolis situation. 

ok then. everyone relax. still, jeb was jeb , and even though i know we love keeping "experience' on the bench, i still kinda like my idea.

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

ok then. everyone relax. still, jeb was jeb , and even though i know we love keeping "experience' on the bench, i still kinda like my idea.

Yea, we should make their continued execution of the job contingent on their popularity. 

?

29 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The judicial appointees, based on 4 minutes of Google, seem like pretty run of the mill conservative judges that President Jeb Bush would have appointed. This doesn’t appear to be a US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit judge Milo Yananananaanapolis situation. 

The point is that it seems like a lot of conservative GOP backed (and possibly Trump corrupted like many members of congress and admin officials now) judges are getting shoved into place in a short time.

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

The point is that it seems like a lot of conservative GOP backed (and possibly Trump corrupted like many members of congress and admin officials now) judges are getting shoved into place in a short time.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/senate-confirms-judges-sets-labor-day

Many of the seven judicial nominees confirmed Tuesday and the eight in the queue for next week are not particularly partisan or controversial. One of Tuesday’s nominees confirmed was the result of a bipartisan process set up by Pennsylvania Sens. Patrick J. Toomeyand Bob Casey.

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

They were unanimously approved, which is unlikely to be the case if they are corrupt Trump ****heads. 

LOL  I doubt there was a thorough investigation, the two sides cut a deal to put them forward.  

The unanimous consent agreement on the nominees meant no senator objected. A Senate Democratic aide said the party’s leaders allowed the votes to go forward because Republicans already had the votes to confirm the nominees, and the deal allowed vulnerable red-state incumbents to return home to campaign before tough midterm election races.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-28/mcconnell-s-senate-continues-to-rapidly-confirm-trump-s-judges

Every candidate nominated by Trump from now on should be considered possibly corrupted or having cut a deal with him, especially those who met with him personally.  

Even if it was another president it would be worrisome to have too many judges in that could sway the courts, but with Trump it's even more frightening when you have supposedly honest people like Lindsey Graham or Ronny Jackson spouting pro Trump nonsense and touting his lies.  

Every single candidate needs a thorough investigation before they can be accepted.  It obviously won't happen, but we should assume until we can be sure otherwise that anyone nominated by Trump may do his bidding instead of their duty when put to the test.  Trump and the people around him are under multiple criminal investigations and we don't know what ends they will go to to interfere.

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

DeVos needed Pence to break a 50-50 tie. Pruitt was 50-46. These judges were approved by every senator, both parties. 

Oh. I assumed you meant that the Republicans unanimously voted for them. 

1 minute ago, visionary said:

LOL  I doubt there was a thorough investigation, the two sides cut a deal to put them forward.  

Every candidate nominated by Trump from now on should be considered possibly corrupted or having cut a deal with him, especially those who met with him personally.  

Even if it was another president it would be worrisome to have too many judges in that could sway the courts, but with Trump it's even more frightening when you have supposedly honest people like Lindsey Graham or Ronny Jackson spouting pro Trump nonsense and touting his lies.  

Alright, well Im going to put the opus on you to show that any one of these nominees are anything but run of the mill. I agree that Trump is human garbage in all respects. I also kind of doubt he’s bothering to personally select district court judges rather than playing golf and tweeting about the NFL.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Oh. I assumed you meant that the Republicans unanimously voted for them. 

I figured. Vis is right, the Senate cut a deal, but the judges were approved by unanimous consent. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alright, well Im going to put the opus on you to show that any one of these nominees are anything but run of the mill. I agree that Trump is human garbage in all respects. I also kind of doubt he’s bothering to personally select district court judges rather than playing golf and tweeting about the NFL.

Oh, I assume that Trump is just letting the Heritage Foundation or similar group pick judges for him, then Trump probably gives them an interview which consists entirely of "do you promise to be loyal to me, personally?"  

27 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At what point do we accept that he knows what's coming, and in careful language, is telling his people to squad up (a bad idea for them, I might add)?

About six months ago.  It's coming.  Don't think it's gonna end the way they think it is though.  Judging by your "bad idea" comment, I think we have a similar feeling on this. 

Captain Tiny Parts is a domestic terror threat.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Oh, I assume that Trump is just letting the Heritage Foundation or similar group pick judges for him, then Trump probably gives them an interview which consists entirely of "do you promise to be loyal to me, personally?"  

I think you are right that some conservative outside group is making the picks. I doubt Trump is interviewing them personally. This is the lowest tier of the federal judiciary. Ther are nearly 3000 district court judges.  

Trump doesnt really sweat the details (or work much). 

Archived