Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alright, well Im going to put the opus on you to show that any one of these nominees are anything but run of the mill. I agree that Trump is human garbage in all respects. I also kind of doubt he’s bothering to personally select district court judges rather than playing golf and tweeting about the NFL.

Didn't he meet some of the judges he nominated, including ones from DC?  Anyway, they don't need to be obviously extreme or shady to have cut a deal with him.   Who ever heard of Nunes or some of these other congressmen until Trump came into office?  It's not going to matter because Trump and the GOP will get their way, but that doesn't mean we should trust them or expect things to go normally nowadays when we have so many examples of people lying their ass off for Trump and/or acting like no one would have expected them to previously going by their past history.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Didn't he meet some of the judges he nominated, including ones from DC? 

I dunno, did he?  From this round of district court judges?  Id be surprised, but who knows wtf Trump will do. 

Anyway, they don't need to be obviously extreme or shady to have cut a deal with him.   

This is the good side of a lifetime appointment. “Cut a deal” with Trump, secure your appointment, forget the deal and be able to look your kids in the eye. 

Who ever heard of Nunes or some of these other congressmen until Trump came into office? 

Federal judges don’t have elections coming up with a moronic Trump electorate. 

It's not going to matter because Trump and the GOP will get their way, but that doesn't mean we should trust them or expect things to go normally when nowadays.  

A fair point. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Federal judges don’t have elections coming up with a moronic Trump electorate. 

The pro-Trump electorate isn't quite as big a deal as one would think from the focus on it, especially in the case of safe politicians and unelected cabinet officials.  There are other reasons.   Some of the corrupt folks bought into the Trumpsanity somewhere along the way, some of them like Nunes, Rohrbacher, and others seem to be willing participants in the corruption with some personal stake in it, and others seem to be blackmailed.  

1 minute ago, visionary said:

The pro-Trump electorate isn't quite as big a deal as one would think from the focus on it, especially in the case of safe politicians and unelected cabinet officials.  There are other reasons.   Some of the corrupt folks bought into the Trumpsanity somewhere along the way, some of them like Nunes, Rohrbacher, and others seem to be willing participants in the corruption with some personal stake in it, and others seem to be blackmailed.  

I just don’t think this effects the judiciary as much. Trumpism is a new phenomenon. These judges appear to have been around for awhile, and come through the traditional channel. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My point is still that he likely shouldn’t be making these at all 

I agree that Trump’s legitamacy is suspect. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I just don’t think this effects the judiciary as much. Trumpism is a new phenomenon. These judges appear to have been around for awhile, and come through the traditional channel. 

You may be right.  Judges have been one of the main roadblocks for him so far, though he has had his orders rewritten, appealed to other judges, or half-assed going along with a court order, to get around them  I hope you are right though.  

Like Trump would even have a clue what to ask judicial nominees or care how they answered any actual questions about the law. His litmus test for them is probably a McDonald's napkin that says "Does Trump have a big penis? Check Yes or No". 

Add: That or "Was there collusion between Trump and Russia? Pick one: 1. No way.  2. No way, and Trump is amazing. 3. No way, it was Crooked Hillary who colluded".

Trump isn't going to take the time to review these judge's records. He's getting a list from the GOP establishment of ideologically approved candidates and I promise you that the main thing they are looking for is not their view on abortion or gun control or any of the other issues that the GOP grabs hold of and pretends to care about to carry votes. They are judges who are going to rule in favor of corporate interests.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Trump isn't going to take the time to review these judge's records. He's getting a list approved by the GOP of ideologically approved candidates and I promise you that the main thing they are looking for is not their view on abortion or even gun control or any of the other issues that the GOP grabs hold of and pretends to care about to carry votes. They are judges who are going to rule in favor of corporate interests.

Exactly.  Trump is for corporate power expansion in gov't above all else.  He will play the part of conservatism on social issues when he needs to get votes and garner favor in the eyes of the easy gullible, but he doesn't give two you know what's about the religious right In fact if I had to make an educated guess I would assume Trump is an atheist or at least agnostic. 

4 hours ago, visionary said:

The point is that it seems like a lot of conservative GOP backed (and possibly Trump corrupted like many members of congress and admin officials now) judges are getting shoved into place in a short time.

Of course they are. That was/is the point.

Archived