Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

It's a Presidential Pardon.  For all of my life I've heard folks feign outrage over these.  I'm not rationalizing, I realize it for what it is.  #whataboutism

Presidential pardon power is absolute. Using it in this capricious a manner is bizarre and dangerous however.

The Mark Rich pardon was the single greatest mistake of Clinton's presidency. Because it violated two tenets of what most people think the pardon should be used for:

1. The sentence is either a miscarriage of justice or resulted in an unreasonable sentence, and

2. The pardoned person has either been rehabilitated or expressed remorse, and

3. The political message is tangential to the act

Aside from the Jack Johnson pardon, none of Trump's pardons meet one or two. D'Souza is basically spiking the football on Twitter. (He is such a ****bag. It's unfathomable what an awful human being he is).

And all of these are political. They all vaguely tie into the idea that the DOJ is "unfair" to conservatives and that Trump is here to right those wrongs. It's a message to Cohen, Flynn, et al to ride out the storm and daddy will save them.

I also don't think there is any kind of process here. There's a division in the DOJ that handles this. There is usually a series of escalations to reach the President.

Trump seems to make these decisions while reading his IPhone on the toilet.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Obama's pardon/clemency list was like - so much of his presidency - filled with half measures that sort of advanced his ideas of justice and fairness while trying to stay above board and avoiding angering too many people.

15 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I also don't think there is any kind of process here. There's a division in the DOJ that handles this. There is usually a series of escalations to reach the President.

Trump seems to make these decisions while reading his IPhone on the toilet.

Supposedly Trump was lobbied on this by Lyin' Ted.

The thing with D'Souza is that's totally out of the parking lot, not even just left field.

Guy never asked for a pardon publicly.  Guy never submitted an official request or wrote a letter.  Guy didn't even have someone visit one-on-one with the President like Kim just did for someone else.

It was just *poof* PARDON

Like what is the underlying groundwork for the pardon?  Where does it come from?  Why D'Souza and not that lady Kim wanted?

Blagoblagovich I almost get, since he was on Celeb Apprentice.  But Stewart?  That too, is totally out of the mental institution behind left field.  Why?

We can say its just Trump being trolly Trump, but the charges line up just a little too perfectly with the things he and his associates are accused and/or will likely be accused of to toally dismiss that option.  With regards to explanations where there is an actual method to the madness, the "signals to accomplices" explanation is far and away the most reasonable.

19 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You can be cynical with politics and assume that everything a person does has clandestine motives. I don't think that's the case with everyone.

But Trump more or less openly admits that every single decision he has made in his entire awful life has been self-serving.

So, I can only assume he is sending a signal here.

Right.  Trump openly admits & embraces some of the worst traits that people assume past Presidents might hold behind closed doors, therefore.....Trump is rewarded with a "so what?" from his base for.....admitting his awfulness?  Oy.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Right.  Trump openly admits & embraces some of the worst traits that people assume past Presidents might hold behind closed doors, therefore.....Trump is rewarded with a "so what?" from his base for.....admitting his awfulness?  Oy.

The more awful, racist, misogynistic, hateful, and vile he acts, the more his base loves him and the more they defend him. He personifies their worst and (usually) most deeply concealed impulses and beliefs so the more open with all of it he is the more they love him since he's basically their vicarious id.

And yeah I love how his defender pundits say things like "well, this is a different kind of president!". True. And a bunch of turds on a plate is "different" than all of the other plates that have steak dinners on them; different doesn't necessarily mean better.

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At least Bush 43 got one right. In 2008. 

Issac Robert Toussie (False statements to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, mail fraud) George W. Bush revoked his pardon after discovering Issac Robert Toussie's father donated US$28,500 to the Republican Party in April.

I don't see Trump doing anything like that. 

It was a mistake of Ford pardoning Nixon, and Pelosi not holding to account the traitors who lied and started the Iraq war instead of keeping the pedal on Afghanistan.

I was not aware that a President can revoke a pardon.  That is interesting.  Can a later president revoke a pardon from an earlier one?

Hot diggity,, conservatives artificially propping up dying industries!

Yay free market and minimal government intrusion!

oh,, hang on. I need to get the phone..

OK, that was the future, and they said we shouldn't bother showing up.

~Bang

13 minutes ago, Bang said:

Yay free market and minimal government intrusion!

Well I guess now we'll find out how many Trump supporters who are claiming to be conservatives actually care about those things and how many are just full of ****.

(hint: it's going to be close to none and all, respectively)

I'm not sure I'm outraged over this, at least when it comes to the nuclear plants.  I could see that there is a legitimate national interest in retaining electrical generation capacity that uses a fuel we aren't dependent on.  And those plants:  

1)  Cost a ton of money to build.

2)  Will cost a ton of money to safely shut down.

3)  Produce no CO2.  

4)  And use a fuel source that we're not dependent on, and (I assume) is relatively immune to short-term price fluctuations.  

But then, I don't have a problem with the federal government intervening in the Holy Sacred Free Market.  Some times.  When there's a good reason.  

Guess that makes me a liberal.  

Now, I would hope that there is a better way to keep those plants in our national grid.  I would think that the best thing the federal government can do, to promote nuclear power, would be to  create a national fuel disposal solution

11 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Too bad, I'd have liked to see video of him flying off the top of the mobile srairs.

Or his fake hair flying around. ?

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Betsy DeVos is burdensome to the rest of our air.

I have a sayin': That's taking air other folks need...the ones with normal cells. 

Archived