Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

9 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Lies lies lies....such good Christian values....when you’ve lied about everything else, what else can you lie about but your religion.

42080381122_ae1f2ccec2_b.jpg

https://www.alternet.org/watch-mike-pence-says-more-americans-believe-god-now-trump-president

Damn, Preacher Man...you almost made me puke!

14 minutes ago, visionary said:

We can get him lost in a cavern, y'all...let's DO THIS. ?

1 hour ago, visionary said:

A lot of the special elections in Republican areas have tilted towards the Democrats in a huge way including races they lost but had no business being close in and we can look to the Virginia state house elections to see how more neutral, but somewhat gerrymandered elections might go.  Does that mean Trump will lose or that it will be sustained until 2020 (assuming that Trump is able to run again or wants to), not necessarily, but the pushback is real.

@goskins10 This is all the proof I have and exactly what I was referring to. I dont have much more than this. But it is more than the feeling you (or I) have. I know it doesn't mean anything is guaranteed. I'm just suggesting, again, his odds are not GOOD to win it twice. I wouldn't even call his odds average. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

If we are to look at the AL race and say - look it's blue - the fact is that while I agree Jones made some headway in AL on his own, had they run anyone, including the dog catcher as a Republican they would have won. 

The 'had they run anyone' argument is amusingly similar to what you say is going to lose it for Dems, btw. Just wanted to point that inconsistency out as I feel it helps my argument here. I feel the exact same way about Dems and Hilldog. 

The point is that to you and me he has done horribly. But to many of the people who voted for him, he is in fact doing what he said. They don't care about his lies. There was a poll (sorry I cannot find it, if I do I will add here) showing something like 70+ polled know he lies yet 40+% think he is doing a great job! 

Well yea. That's not my argument tho. I'm not trying to get the people that voted for him. That would be nice, but I dont need them to win if I'm the dems. I just need to be closer to the middle and get cats like @TheGreatBuzz who went 3rd party cause we went too left. There is room for a middle ground. Buzz cares about his lies, just not enough to go dem just because. And that's more than enough for a good candidate to use to his/her advantage. I ain't saying it will be a cake walk or a guaranteed victory. Just that Trumps odds of winning ain't GOOD by any measure to me and I haven't gotten a good argument why I should see them that way yet. 

Let me be clear. I hope you are right. I hope 2018 is an embarrassment only followed by a bigger embarrassment in 2020 - I think he resigns or declines to run again if the house and senate get flipped. But that is a different conversation. And maybe I am being too pessimistic. I will easily concede that's possible. But him winning in 2016 just should never have happened. So it's hard to make a solid case for him losing in 2020. 

Yea I dont think we really disagree about anything other than I can see how he could lose. Not saying he will, but I think he is FAR from a lock to repeat. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@goskins10 This is all the proof I have and exactly what I was referring to. I dont have much more than this. But it is more than the feeling you (or I) have. I know it doesn't mean anything is guaranteed. I'm just suggesting, again, his odds are not GOOD to win it twice. I wouldn't even call his odds average. 

The 'had they run anyone' argument is amusingly similar to what you say is going to lose it for Dems, btw. Just wanted to point that inconsistency out as I feel it helps my argument here. I feel the exact same way about Dems and Hilldog. 

I believe you are misunderstanding me here. First I am not sure how the had the run anyone thing fits here actually. If anything it is incredibly consistent in that there is a huge base that will just vote R no matter what.

I am saying what will lose it for the dems is to be complacent and just think they can win on 45 sucks. That is really the big difference here. For the republican to win, that base rallys around he they suck. The dems do not rally that same way. That is my point.

Also, I am not saying he is slam dunk. There are certainly signs that at least some people that either didn't vote or voted for him reluctantly are seeing him for the fool he is. I am just not sure it's enough. And I am certain it's not enough if they run the same kind of campaign as 2016.

Well yea. That's not my argument tho. I'm not trying to get the people that voted for him. That would be nice, but I dont need them to win if I'm the dems. I just need to be closer to the middle and get cats like @TheGreatBuzz who went 3rd party cause we went too left. There is room for a middle ground. Buzz cares about his lies, just not enough to go dem just because. And that's more than enough for a good candidate to use to his/her advantage. I ain't saying it will be a cake walk or a guaranteed victory. Just that Trumps odds of winning ain't GOOD by any measure to me and I haven't gotten a good argument why I should see them that way yet. 

I didn't you were trying to reach them. I believe you are underestimating have many people it really is. Hopefully I am wrong. And maybe it's because of where I live - GA.

Yea I dont think we really disagree about anything other than I can see how he could lose. Not saying he will, but I think he is FAR from a lock to repeat. 

I too can see him losing. I am not be any means saying he is a lock. I am saying if the dems campaign strictly on him being a jerk that will not win. They need to have a message and get that message out.

The mid-terms will tell a lot. I am hoping for a landslide for blue. This would be the proof I need the you are right - there are more people with common sense and morals than I feel here are right now. I will then be much more optimistic for 2020.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The mid-terms will tell a lot. I am hoping for a landslide for blue. This would be the proof I need the you are right - there are more people with common sense and morals than I feel here are right now. I will then be much more optimistic for 2020.

I feel you there. Lets hope 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Good post.  

Just to be clear, the reason I voted 3rd this last time wasn't because they were too left.  It was Hillary.

One, I think she is the embodiment of everything I hate about politicians.  Her views (and accents) changed depending on who she was talking to.  She told what people wanted to hear, not what she actually believed in my opinion.  Two, I think Bernie tore her up with his lines about her being tied to big banks.  I don't remember the exact words but I remember it spoke to me.  Three, she came off to me as slimy.  The email thing was shady (even though I know that most everyone did it too, but that goes back to point One).  And by far the BIGGEST reason I didn't vote for her was the way the primaries were handled.  I didn't like her essentially being handed the nomination.  That probably carried more weight than points 1-3.

Regarding point two, she should have released her transcripts of the speeches to the banks.   She just kept running from that attack.  Made her look hypocritical calling for tax returns to be released but not telling us what she told the banks.  As long as her speech wasn't "when I am prez, I'll let you screw everyone" then I probably wouldn't have cared.  But her refusing to release it made me question if that isn't actually what she said, not verbatim of course.

EDIT: oh and I will mention guns.  The Left has to work a little harder to get my vote because I don't like their position on the 2nd.  Doesn't mean they can't get it, just that they are already starting batting down one strike.

31 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just to be clear, the reason I voted 3rd this last time wasn't because they were too left.  It was Hillary.

Same. She’s the embodiment of everything wrong with politics. Her entire resume is chasing poll numbers. 

I can vote for someone who has different ideas than me. They have to be a leader and I have to have some level of trust in them. That, is a person I can respect. At best she was neither. 

Unfortunately both parties put someone up that I refused to vote for. They both prayed we’d all see the other was worse and just accept their ****ty candidate. I refused to play their game, as did others. And trump is president. 

It’ll be interesting to see what each side learned from 2016 (if anything) 

Its ****ed up the only thing we agree on is how ****ty a person Hillary is @tshile @TheGreatBuzz

(Only is a push, probably. But you get the point)

Hah. I think we agree on a lot. There’s a lot of times I push back on a topic but I’m not nearly as far away from you as it comes across. Some times I’m attacking a specific idea, not the overall goal/theme. 

I liked sanders. I knew/thought he couldn’t win on the national stage. I disagreed with plenty of his ideas. I would have easily voted for him over trump. Likewise I would have voted for anyone over Clinton except for Cruz and trump (I would have had a hard time with rubio...)

Jesus H Christ people let the McCain thing GOOOO! That isn’t the worst thing that this Administration has done, hell it isn’t the worst thing they’ve done this WEEK!!!

People are being murdered because Trump decided to appease Zionist ****s with an embassy in the single most disputed city on the planet!!

Tbe nation is Israel ceased to exist on the map when to Romans bulldozed the Temple in 70 AD. The ONLY reason the country exists today is because of the collective will of the United Nations for the past 73 years, and now Binny the extremist who barely holds power in his own government and Trump with his Evangelical thug decide to **** everyone all because they want their religion forced on everyone.

I suspect that Trump is doing it because every single person who knows what's going on over there has told him that it's monumentally stupid, and he's sick and tired of everybody telling him that about every single thing he's done.  

18 hours ago, Llevron said:

Still dont know why yall think odds are good he wins a second term. Is there anything that actually suggests that other than the fact that he can lie without consequence from his base? 

Hes pretty much the biggest mistake of American history. I dont see it happening twice. 

When push comes to shove, the people that voted for him will decide to vote for him again.

There's a chance he gets more votes, if things are good in 2020.

Don't underestimate the Dems nominating a candidate that can't win a national election.

11 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Right now my prediction is that Trump loses the popular vote by even more, but still squeaks out an electoral college win, thus re-election.  I don't trust the battleground states to flip, unfortunately.

I was thinking the same thing.  Though, if Florida gets enough Puerto Ricans; it could flip.

The midwest will still go for Trump.

6 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This might be enough to break my (slight) allegiance to the Yankees. 

Seeing KAC in that Yankee cap makes me sick.

I have a Yankee cap with the 1951 World Series patch because it's the year I was born. I have to put it away now. :bye:

C'mon, really?  Snyder donated money to the Trump campaign, if I've made it this far, that's not going to be the tipping point for me.  Can't be, most sports owners donate to Republicans even if their players and coaches don't want to go to the White House right now.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

C'mon, really?  Snyder donated money to the Trump campaign, if I've made it this far, that's not going to be the tipping point for me.  Can't be, most sports owners donate to Republicans even if their players and coaches don't want to go to the White House right now.

I don't really follow baseball until mid Summer, and quit if the Yankees are out of the playoffs/World Series. So my interest is slight that way.

I'll keep my cap on the shelf.

Archived