Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to go 6-2 (10 wins for playoffs)

Duckus

You guys are failing to look at the schedule itself and when and where these games are played.

The 2nd half is brutal from a travel/short week standpoint, plus the teams they face. Look at it this way:

bye week upcoming, then have both the vikings and packers at home, 7 days between games, great. Except those will be two tough physical matchups in consecutive weeks. Then you have a short week traveling to dalass for a thursday night game.. so there's 3 games in the span of 11 days. That's asking an awful lot in and of itself.

Ok so they get a mini bye after the dalass game, and have 10 days until the next one. But that one is the start of a 3 game road stretch, which goes dalass, then at arizona, then at philly.. which again should all be physical games.. dallass by virtue of that OL/running game, arizona and philly because of their defenses. 

Then after that you have a monday night game at home against carolina.. need I remind anyone of our record at home on monday nights??

then another short week and it's off to frozen chicago.

I want this team to do well but I think 6-2 is asking an awful lot. This team will be beat up and exhausted after 3 games in 11 days, then all the road travel after that just doesn't look good. Teams like dalass, zona and philly will get a beat up worn out Redskins team to get healthy against. I'm not liking how the schedule was done this year, not one bit.

3 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

You guys are failing to look at the schedule itself and when and where these games are played.

The 2nd half is brutal from a travel/short week standpoint, plus the teams they face. Look at it this way:

bye week upcoming, then have both the vikings and packers at home, 7 days between games, great. Except those will be two tough physical matchups in consecutive weeks. Then you have a short week traveling to dalass for a thursday night game.. so there's 3 games in the span of 11 days. That's asking an awful lot in and of itself.

Ok so they get a mini bye after the dalass game, and have 10 days until the next one. But that one is the start of a 3 game road stretch, which goes dalass, then at arizona, then at philly.. which again should all be physical games.. dallass by virtue of that OL/running game, arizona and philly because of their defenses. 

Then after that you have a monday night game at home against carolina.. need I remind anyone of our record at home on monday nights??

then another short week and it's off to frozen chicago.

I want this team to do well but I think 6-2 is asking an awful lot. This team will be beat up and exhausted after 3 games in 11 days, then all the road travel after that just doesn't look good. Teams like dalass, zona and philly will get a beat up worn out Redskins team to get healthy against. I'm not liking how the schedule was done this year, not one bit.

Playing a Thursday Night game on the road after a Sunday Night game is tough, but beyond that I don't really see anything overly ridiculous that other teams also don't have to deal with.

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Vikings just got dominated by the Bears. The NFC is wide open outside of Dallas and maybe Seattle.

I was thinking 10 wins was needed, but this week really opened things up. Maybe 9 wins will be enough.

40 minutes ago, Duckus said:

I was thinking 10 wins was needed, but this week really opened things up. Maybe 9 wins will be enough.

Nine wins and our Tie probably is enough.  However I think we have the offense to do more damage than just 9 wins.  Seriously the next two games are with teams that are loosing games right now basically like us and we have then at home.  Dallas its a wild card since we always play them tough in their house.  Giants, Eagles don't scare me, especially the Giants at home.  Arizona is very tricky because of the travel, but still nothing like they were last year. 

We just need to take care of our mistakes, if not for that we are 6-2 or even 7-1 right now.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Packers - 4-3.  They're just not that good, about the same as the 'Skins, and the game is at home.  Aaron is awesome, but they are more than beatable, as proven by the fact that they've lost 3 times.

As I said, facing Aaron Rodgers in September is completly different than facing him in late November where he usually gets his thing rolling. And the team rolling with him as well. Son you always think they are beatable, until he starts playing like the HoF that he is.

I really doubt he repeats his crappy performance from the 1st Q of our PO game last year...

Last year at the turn we were 3-5 coming off a Pats game where we got our asses handed to us.  Looking forward, all the teams left on our schedule with the exception of Dallas (but was a division opponent) seemed to be our equal or better.  At the turn in 2012, we were 3-5 and again all the teams left on our schedule seemed to be at least our equal if not better. In 2008, we were 6-2 and most of the teams left on our schedule seemed to be either our equal or inferior (the only team that looked brutal was the Giants).  Go all the way back to 1997, we hit the turn 7-1 and the only team that was left that was clearly better than us was San Francisco.  In 2005, we pulled out 5 straight wins against some brutal opponents.  In 2007, we overcame the terrible incident of having our best player murdered. Going back to 1982, we did not really dominate anyone until the end of the season.  In 1983, we went a rather mundane 6-2 on the front end and had what looked to be a pretty brutal schedule remaining. to Point is as fans we need to realize that mid-season records don't give a good reflection of what a team is (especially traditional front runners like Dallas) and the Redskins have often had (especially in playoff years) a strong back 8.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The Vikings just got dominated by the Bears. The NFC is wide open outside of Dallas and maybe Seattle.

Dallas has been the recipients of wins due to other teams making too many mistakes. They are not a team to fear in the least bit. Even if they win the East [ which i don't see happening ] they will be one-n-done in paloffs.

The Eagles, of all teams, had Dallas on the ropes, about to drop to the canvas, but poor playcalling and execution gave them the chance to come back and win. If we can get our **** together we can curb stomp them Turkey Day and they will be battling each other. Romo vs Dak, which will tear the team apart, slowly.

Right now we're ok; not great, but in alot better position than past years. If the defense can solidify, and our running game have someone who opponents would respect, we can go on that run and blow everyone else away.  I see it. 

24 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If the Vikings are playing a cruel joke on our fan base, making themselves look very beatable coming off the bye week, I really wish they'd give us all a heads up, because right about now I don't see that game as one the 'Skins can't win.

They have no offense at all, as their O-line is being held together by silly string.  Can't run the ball nor hold up long enough to let plays develop, which is causing Bradford to hear footsteps that don't exist at times.  The suffocating defense they had weeks 1-5, appears to have checked out, resigned to the fact that their offense can't score.

I'm not sure its possible for those problems to fix themselves at this point.  Perhaps the D steps back up but on the offensive side they are toast.

I think we can crush the Vikings. If we get an early lead they are done. Our defense has played against elite wr talent in every game except philly and we played our best defense vs them. I think we will find in the second half of this year that this secondary will be pretty good when playing with a lead.

Dallas is winning a lot of close games because of that running game. They are wearing teams down at the end of games. Their defense just took two big hits with Clairborne and Church out for 4-6 weeks.  Not that their defense was great anyway, but it has been better than expected.

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If the Vikings are playing a cruel joke on our fan base, making themselves look very beatable coming off the bye week, I really wish they'd give us all a heads up, because right about now I don't see that game as one the 'Skins can't win.

You're forgetting the Norv Factor. We have never beaten Norv Turner.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/03/redskins-norv-turner-problem-continues-with-loss-to-vikings/

34 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Dallas has been the recipients of wins due to other teams making too many mistakes. They are not a team to fear in the least bit. Even if they win the East [ which i don't see happening ] they will be one-n-done in paloffs.

The Eagles, of all teams, had Dallas on the ropes, about to drop to the canvas, but poor playcalling and execution gave them the chance to come back and win. If we can get our **** together we can curb stomp them Turkey Day and they will be battling each other. Romo vs Dak, which will tear the team apart, slowly.

Right now we're ok; not great, but in alot better position than past years. If the defense can solidify, and our running game have someone who opponents would respect, we can go on that run and blow everyone else away.  I see it. 

The Eagles can be a very good team, I honestly think we need an NY win this weekend to take them 0-3 in the division would be good. I fear them more than Giants despite what happened at Fedex

33 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

I think we can crush the Vikings. If we get an early lead they are done. Our defense has played against elite wr talent in every game except philly and we played our best defense vs them. I think we will find in the second half of this year that this secondary will be pretty good when playing with a lead.

That's a good point actually, we have pretty much played all the best WRs in the league. Maybe wit the exception of Philly and the Ravens and then look what we done on that side of the ball them afternoons.

There are no teams remaining on our schedule that we do not have a decent chance to win.  Its not like when we played Carolina last year where I was pretty certain we'd lose unless Carolina did not show up while we played a perfect game.  We do need to bring our A game in most of them as there is only 1 or two were we can play less than our best and still win.

The teams that give us the most problems are the ones with the elite QB's and stud playmakers on offense.  The Vikings have none of those.  They're just another team at this point.

It's such a week to week league.  Any game we view as "winnable" or "impossible" today could totally change in a matter of days.

It's about time we make the turn and become one of those teams that people see on the schedule and say "we can't beat them."  We move the ball at will.  We can beat any team on our schedule.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Seattle that just tied 6-6 against an average Arizona team?  EVERY team in the NFC is beatable, and the evidence is that they all have been beaten.  

6 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

The interesting thing is Vikings, Eagles, Giants and Arizona have very good defenses but they would be going against our O which right now is clicking very well.  Their offenses are average at best which means our D might be able to be effective against them.  So really its strength against strength.

Now the rest of the games you could say our D will have some issues (especially the Boys and their running game) and that is why our offense will need to score a lot of points.

The Bears I consider it if anything a trap game, but it may not matter by that time.

In today's NFL, a good offense negates a good defense.  It's the HISTORICALLY GREAT defenses (see Seattle a couple years ago, Denver last year) that can shut down any offense.  I don't think that any of the defenses in the league are that caliber this year.

Dallas run game is going to be a problem, however, if you can get up on them somehow (again, my original point, none of this is relevant unless the 'Skins get their heads out of their asses and start converting yards/plays/TOP to POINTS), then you can force them to be more 1 dimensional.  And now that we have figured out you put Norman on the best WR, that should help mitigate some of the defensive issues we had last time we played them.

The key is scoring early and often.  

5 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

There's a 3 game road trip and a Thursday night game.  Awww shucks.  They still have 5 home games and 3 away games.  End the season at home also.  There are some things that are iffy, but a lot that are normal.  It's really not that brutal.  

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

That really has to end this year.  I mean, I agree that he shouldn't have been fired mid-season (he should have been fired BEFORE the season), and the football Gods were right to punish Dan for that, but it's been almost 20 years. Punishment received, it's time to move on.  

15 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I think 9-6-1 def gets us in. But damn we should have won at least one of the past two games.

If the offense had translated their dominance in the first half of both games, they would have won both. 

I think that's the most frustrating thing.  They're SO FREAKING CLOSE to being dominant offensively.  They never punt, and walk up and down the field.  But they can't score enough points to put pressure on an opponent in the first half, and make the second half a laugher.  

The Vikings are beatable. Their offense looks stuck in neutral and they dont have much of a running game without Peterson. If we can build an early lead...10-0, 14-0, 17-3, etc, we can start turning up the heat on Bradford. If you make Bradford hesitate, he's toast.

9-6-1 gets us in this season

Archived