Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryan Stork (C) released by Pats

Sherlock Holmes

His concussions are an issue because he's probably one away from retirement. On the other hand, the numbers are in his favor. Least likely position on Offense to be concussed is - Center (stats from 2012 thru 2015) in each of those years. His incidents probably related to his style of play but not a high risk position across the NFL. And the team should bring in and develop a guy soon (or the right vet). Hopefully the new guy could start fairly quickly and you'd have a solid backup in Stork that you've mitigated the risk of injury.

link for above: Concussion Stats

“He’s going to have to come in and learn the system in a hurry and compete,” Gruden said. “We have a very good center in Kory Lichtensteiger. We love the progress of Spencer Long and Austin Reiter has done a good job so we feel good about the center position."

So <A> Obviously Jay wants him out there as soon as possible to unseat Kory and <B> whose name is not on that list?

link for above: Stork needs to learn in a hurry

25 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's really weird that he's not here yet. I wouldn't expect him to play tonight, but usually in the world of sports a guy is traded and he shows up the next day. It's taking Stork a week to get here?

A couple of places have noted, PFF & the NFL network that I know of, have said he'll be here by the weekend. However this one from yesterday (UPI on Stork ) would seem to indicate that may not be etched in stone. He does have a physical that he'll need to pass with Washington once he does/if comes to town. Then there is the Post that came out after the UPI that says he'll definitely be in DC by the weekend. (Post on Stark)

I don't think it was ever in Storks plan to be here before the weekend but Jay is probably pushing to get here as soon as possible because he wants him on the field before the end of preseason. Maybe Kory's health not as good as it seems?

It does seem odd that he just didn't get on a plane and get down here. It's time to push the little ones off to school after all.

Maybe he and Scot worked something out as a part of the anti-retirement thing; take a few days to regroup, take care of your family, see you this weekend; oh and get ready to start for your 2016 Washington Redskins.

20 hours ago, carex said:

have you actually checked that out?  I mean I know most backup centers also play guard, and some even manage tackle. but are they guards who also play center, or are they centers who also play guard?

I'm not sure if it matters if a guy is a C who can play G or if he is a G who can play C. You can either play both positions or you can't.

I have checked though, sorta.  I checked the 2015 NFC rosters. Could only find final rosters but using minimal research I think the following is accurate. 

Only one team (AZ Cardinals) had 2 "true" C on the roster.

GB Packers back-up is listed as a C but he played OT in college...so I'm not sure about him.

STL Rams back-up is listed as a C but he played OT/G in college...so I'm not sure about him.  

At best, 3 of the 16 NFC teams had a "true" C as the back-up C.

Please don't make me do the AFC...:blink:

3 hours ago, Johns Bass said:

Edit....

“He’s going to have to come in and learn the system in a hurry and compete,” Gruden said. “We have a very good center in Kory Lichtensteiger. We love the progress of Spencer Long and Austin Reiter has done a good job so we feel good about the center position."

So <A> Obviously Jay wants him out there as soon as possible to unseat Kory and <B> whose name is not on that list?

link for above: Stork needs to learn in a hurry

Yes, there is a specific name completely missing from the C conversation. I predict that if Stork does make it to DC by the weekend that Josh L does not make the cuts to 75. He may be gone Tuesday anyway. He will not be on the 53 man roster.

3 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Being out of town I miss some of the smaller stories. What's this guys deal? He isn't sure if he wants to play for us? That doesn't sound very good even if he decides to report.

It's not that. It's the 4 concussions in like the last 4 years...very worrisome. Concussions are nothing to mess with. Also apparently he was just angry about being traded which is part of why he at first was contemplating retirement. Word is he should be in tomorrow at Redskins Park. 

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We need this dude badly. Gruden just said that Stork will make the final decision tonight...hope he watched the game and wants to be a part of this and earn a starting job probably pretty easily.

Make his final decision huh? Where did you read/hear that? I thought he agreed?

I wonder if Scot gave him to this weekend, but asked him to watch the game, and decide for himself if there is a job here. I can only think as young as he is, he doesn't want to be a backup.... he needs a big fat payday, if he indeed is going to report. 

And Kory did not disappoint, laying at Kirk's feet at one point after holding on for dear life; coupled with 2 holding calls. Long got injured IIRC; and Reiter had a bad exchange. 

Archived