Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Trump loves stupid people. 

6 hours ago, Poman said:

Of course that's how you view it.  You've allowed yourself to be radicalized by the MSM.  You despise President Trump so much, anything that can possibly portray him or his administration in a bad light has become your rallying call.  You award 0 responsibility to the people illegally crossing the border, despite them knowing that the border facilities are overwhelmed, and instead want to blame Americans for the situation.  Nobody has a right to immigrate to the United States.  The asylum situation on the border is ridiculous.  A mexican flag was just raised over a government facility in Colorado.   The majority of these people have no intention of assimilating into American culture.  The "immigrant" situation is flat out appalling.  The democrats don't care about the people crossing the border.  If they did, they would push to make sure the "immigrants" did it the right way, and didn't have to endure less than optimum conditions.  Unfortunately, the democrats are only concerned about one thing.  Political power.  I suspect you also don't actually care that much about the poor "immigrants".  Political power is at your forefront.  You likely care more about getting President Trump out of office, then actually addressing the situation at the border.  How sad.  You somehow have come to believe, that the detention camps on the border, are equal to germans gassing Jews and POW's in WW2?  I mean honestly.  As much as ya'll here in the Tailgate like to demonize Conservatives....  Just about every single one of the democrat candidates has emphatically supported border security within the last 10 years.  Who is really moving further left or right?  All in the name of political power.  Sickening.  This country, in the social media aspect, is now more about who can virtue signal the most.  That's how you get the most trophies.  Actually talking about issues and figuring out a solution is frowned upon, it's more important that you spout off something ridiculous off and get some likes.  Nazi concentrations camps?!?  I mean, really.  STOP.  It's not true, and you know it isn't true.  STOP dividing people solely for the hope of political power.

Trump loves stupid people and there is a whole lot of stupid in this post. You literally got a ton of facts wrong here. 

Many Americans fought bravely and lost their lives at the bowling green massacre. Unfortunately, the Mexicans still took over Colorado.

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm not gonna bump the "Is Trump a Racist" thread since it's been a year since anyone posted there, BUT after this mornings' tweets, the 12 people who voted "no" in that poll might want to change their vote.

A change of mind implies that a mind exists to begin with.

Want to know why I don't believe in prayer?

Because each day I used to go to bed praying that Trump would die in his sleep...and each morning I'd wake up to news that he did something even worse.

I hope that son of a **** gets everything he's got coming his way. And may the karma not forget those who still support him.

20 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Want to know why I don't believe in prayer?

Because each day I used to go to bed praying that Trump would die in his sleep...

...or in the middle of one of his stupid rallies.  Right after he utters one of his whopping lies or race-baiting applause lines.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

...or in the middle of one of his stupid rallies.  Right after he utters one of his whopping lies or race-baiting applause lines.

Just freaking massive embolism...BOOM! 

Sad part is then Pence would take over and he's everything Trump is but he actually goes to church. And Evangelicals love a white nationalist who praises Jesus too, and hates the gheys, and wants to force 11 year old girls to bear the children of their pedophile uncles.

• Sad 1

Sofi's choice:

3-Year-Old Asked To Pick Parent In Attempted Family Separation, Her Parents Say

At a Border Patrol holding facility in El Paso, Texas, an agent told a Honduran family that one parent would be sent to Mexico while the other parent and their three children could stay in the United States, according to the family. The agent turned to the couple's youngest daughter — 3-year-old Sofia, whom they call Sofi — and asked her to make a choice.

"The agent asked her who she wanted to go with, mom or dad," her mother, Tania, told NPR through an interpreter. "And the girl, because she is more attached to me, she said mom. But when they started to take [my husband] away, the girl started to cry. The officer said, 'You said [you want to go] with mom.' "

Tania and her husband, Joseph, said they spent parts of two days last week trying to prevent the Border Patrol from separating their family. They were aided by a doctor who had examined Sofi and pleaded with agents not to separate the family, Joseph and Tania said. [NPR is not using migrants' last names in this story because these are people who are in the middle of immigration proceedings.]

Click on the link for the full article

Did you all see the news about the ICE protests in DC today?  I have the week off and my wife and I were eating lunch at the wharf, and we wandered up into the middle of it by accident trying to get back to metro.

Crazy stuff.  I took in the atmosphere, but moved on pretty quickly, I wasn't sure which way things were going to go.