Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"DeSean Jackson Watch"

Renegade7

...you do realize that the offseason training programs are optional in the NFL, right? Meaning if he wants to stay in California and work out there, he can. And he said he wouldn't do the reality show in the regular season. So far, he's proved he can focus on football in regular season instead of his show. And I'm pretty sure management is not frowning on him for any of this.

So let me get this straight. Jackson skips some of the off season stuff, pulls his hamstring in the first q of the first game. He's been out 5 weeks, we still have no idea when he's coming back, and you don't think Scott M and the coaches are not frowning on any of this? Ok.  

The pulled hammy is largely to do with all the inactivity stemming from his TC rehab. Thats generally what happens, especially with speed guys. You try to go fire the turbo boosters when they've been sitting in the garage for a month.

If there's any frowning, its probably at whoever was responsible for that eauipment being so close to the field

So let me get this straight. Jackson skips some of the off season stuff, pulls his hamstring in the first q of the first game. He's been out 5 weeks, we still have no idea when he's coming back, and you don't think Scott M and the coaches are not frowning on any of this? Ok.  

This is silly. 

There was "nothing" wrong with his hamstrings when he reported to training camp.  He went through the first few weeks of training camp with "no" hamstring problems.  He hit the sled with his shoulder in a joint practice.  He missed time in the preseason because of his shoulder.  His hamstrings were fine.  He ran a go route and pulled his hamstring.  Believe it or not, that happens to players all of the time. It happens to players who attend all OTAs.  It happens to players in the best shape. 

So, should Scot be mad at Chris Culliver for having a swollen knee? Should he be mad at DeAngelo for having a sprained toe?

Injuries happen. It's part of football. I'm not sure why you have this "insatiable" hatred of the man. Hell, I didn't hate him half as much as you do now, when he played for Philly.

We knew what we were getting when he signed here.  He's never been a fully healthy receiver in his career.

And you have no idea what Scot is thinking. Just assumptions.

@bmcnally14: Jackson aired it out early, but felt some tweaks during practice and backed off. #Redskins remain in wait-and-see mode

@TarikCSN: Gruden says DeSean Jackson's status "is still up in the air." Did some things at full tilt. Pulled himself out for a few reps, as well.

@Snide_Remarks: If Jackson felt a hamstring twinge on Thursday he shouldn't play on Sunday. Too risky.

There's a difference between always being hurt and constantly missing games.

This is only the second time in his career he's missed more then 1-2 games in a season, which looking around the NFL right now I can live with. I'm fine with waiting until the @NE following the bye, but feel he's going to play vs TB, which I'm fine with, too.

I would not get rid of Jackson, I would draft another WR and TE for additional playmakers. It's really hard to cut guys that are that dynamic on offense, that's why Reed is still here.

This is just getting dumb. I hope we let him go this off season and bring in a WR who can actually play 16 games. Its getting tiresome hearing him and Reed getting hurt all the time.

He played 15 games last season for us and all 16 games in 2013 for Philly. But don't let the facts get in your way.

This is just getting dumb. I hope we let him go this off season and bring in a WR who can actually play 16 games. Its getting tiresome hearing him and Reed getting hurt all the time.

Seriously? Like the other dude said, he played all but one game last season for us. He's missed 4 games. That's barely "getting hurt all the time". If he missed a huge portion of games last season, then I'd agree. But the team is being cautious with him. They're going to need him down the stretch if we wanna make a playoff run late in the season.

Jackson is arguably the best deep threat in the league. He was straight nasty last year, no matter who was playing QB. How quickly people forget. Rashad Ross... I mean, come on.

Arguably? He is the best deep threat in the game and leads the league in passes over 40 yards pretty much every year. I know what you were going for there though.

There isn't a team in this league that has a roster full of Brett Favre's or Cal Kipien, Jr's. The Chiefs aren't going to cut Jamaal Charles and the Packers aren't giving up on Jordy Nelson. That's different then Jordan Reed who hasn't played more then 11 games in season in his entire career so far (I want him to retire).

October 17, 2015

INJURY REPORT UPDATE

The Washington Redskins have downgraded wide receiver DeSean Jackson (hamstring) to out for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets. Jackson did not travel with the team on Saturday.

Archived