Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"DeSean Jackson Watch"

Renegade7

Explain your first sentence please

Well he's got this stupid reality show. He missed some of the off season workouts.  He got hurt in training camp. He got hurt in the first game in the first quarter!  Plus he doesn't block. You can't have that from one of your best players. You need that guy to be here getting his ass in shape to play a 16 game season, not running around being a celebrity club rat. That's the perception and perception is reality. Maybe it's a little unfair but I'm sure management is frowning on him right now because of all this.

I actually saw some of his show and I guess his mom was even getting on him about taking his main job more seriously.

It seems like every training camp/pre-season for the past few years there is always talk about how much depth the Redskins have at WR and how tough it is to cut certain receivers but then once the season starts there are injuries to a player or two and the receiving group looks mediocre or worse. Garcon hasn't been the same since Jackson got here, I'm not sure what his problem is but he disappears for stretches and just doesn't seem to be the same player he was his first two years here. Grant gets a lot of chances but he seems to get about six yards a catch and then goes down. Crowder seems like a very good receiver though.Roberts is horrible. Kinda miss 65 year old Santana Moss this year, he had the biggest heart on the team. If Hankerson were still here he would probably be injured. I guess the reason he is doing so well in Atlanta is because he has an All Pro QB throwing it to him. The Redskins may have to add receiver to there off season need list

May want to slow down on the Hankerson love - He has 5 drops in just 33 targets. He leads the league in drops. He only has 18 receptions. Also, he was listed on their injury report before our game with a thumb problem and he went out of our game with a rib problem. He is not "doing so well" unless you consider constantly injured and leading the league in drops as doing well. BTW: 18 rec is just over 3 a gm. Not exactly tearing it up.

This is what kills me about some of these posts. The guy had one game where he didn't completely suck and people start saying - see there is another guy who left here and had is doing great!

Well he's got this stupid reality show. He missed some of the off season workouts. He got hurt in training camp. He got hurt in the first game in the first quarter! Plus he doesn't block. You can't have that from one of your best players. You need that guy to be here getting his ass in shape to play a 16 game season, not running around being a celebrity club rat. That's the perception and perception is reality. Maybe it's a little unfair but I'm sure management is frowning on him right now because of all this.

I actually saw some of his show and I guess his mom was even getting on him about taking his main job more seriously.

...you do realize that the offseason training programs are optional in the NFL, right? Meaning if he wants to stay in California and work out there, he can. And he said he wouldn't do the reality show in the regular season. So far, he's proved he can focus on football in regular season instead of his show. And I'm pretty sure management is not frowning on him for any of this.

...you do realize that the offseason training programs are optional in the NFL, right? Meaning if he wants to stay in California and work out there, he can. And he said he wouldn't do the reality show in the regular season. So far, he's proved he can focus on football in regular season instead of his show. And I'm pretty sure management is not frowning on him for any of this.

I've always thought they were more "optional" than optional. It's much better if they show. You can't punish them for not showing, but it is preferred and generally expected. It becomes worse if you "train" on your own and then get hurt right away esp. with the kind of muscle pull which often is associated with being out of shape and trying to overdo it.

I remember when Moss "trained" in Miami every offseason... and he would always get those hamstrings. When he stopped doing that and trained with the team they suddenly went away.

The guy had 1000+ yard season at 21 yds/catch...how the fawk can you say he isn't going to help this dink and dunk offense?!  And that was with a QB carousel throwing him the ball.  The guy has never had huge TD numbers - 9 in a season is the most and 6 in a season is the 2nd highest in his career.  

When you are lost for significant time due to a muscle strain on your first real play of the year you kind of open yourself up to "how good was your preparation?" Questions.

Interesting seeing the comments about what he should or should not be doing in the offseason, like he's a robot or something.  It may be an interesting topic to bring about offseason training given the seeming huge rise in injuries this year and some blaming the new CBA for the increased rest time in the offseason for players:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/an-nfl-executive-thinks-the-cbas-soft-training-schedule-is-injuring-players/

I would also add that if we're going to be questioning players character or commitment to football, to post articles and articles supporting this so others can post articles and evidence refuting it (enough of the salem witch trials already).  Are the same people upset about seeing DJax with a TV show also upset with seeing Peyton Manning on TV every 15 seconds?  I doubt it, but you're more then welcome to speak to this if you wish.

I am curious if GMSM has addressed if Jackson is in his longterm plans during any of his past press conferences? Jackson should fetch an early round draft pick(s).

Saw what?

I would also add that if we're going to put articles out questioning players character or commitment to football, to post articles and articles supporting this so others can post articles and evidence refuting it (enough of the salem witch trials already). Are the same people upset about seeing DJax with a TV show also upset with seeing Peyton Manning on TV every 15 seconds? I doubt it, but you're more then welcome to speak to this if you

But he won a SB...

Andrew Luck?

Easy... He just wins. Prototype QB. Comes from a good family. The other guy? Arguably the best player in the NFL, plus has the whole blue collar/lunch pale mentality that middle America loves... plus he's a hunk, which goes well with mainstream America, and he's big on the Military love.

Easy... He just wins. Prototype QB. Comes from a good family. The other guy? Arguably the best player in the NFL, plus has the whole blue collar/lunch pale mentality that middle America loves... plus he's a hunk, which goes well with mainstream America, and he's big on the Military love.

Ugh, and is JJ Watt winning? Not many people that aren't big on the military.. You know the same excuses I do, question is, do you believe in them?  (sensing from your tone you kind of don't)

I'm not a huge fan of these "free passes".

Ugh, and is JJ Watt winning? Not many people that aren't big on the military.. You know the same excuses I do, question is, do you believe in them

Do I believe that people believe that? Hell yes. Do those beliefs matter? Hell yes. Should they? Hell no. Do I agree with it? Nah... just messin

So I thought this thread might be about when he's going to play and what his health status is.  Anyone have any idea. 

Been looking around, but what I'm seeing between Rotoworld and ESPN is that his practice reps are increasing this week.  There's a very real possibility they won't play him even if he's ready to go because they know the Jets are going to try to beat the crap out of him.  Anyone see anything else?

So I thought this thread might be about when he's going to play and what his health status is.  Anyone have any idea. 

I believe he was limited last week and then did some individual drills yesterday but ramping up in practice. It's still lingering, so we will see, it's Questionable if I am not mistaken about playing Sunday.

I know he wants to go against Revis.

The guy had 1000+ yard season at 21 yds/catch...how the fawk can you say he isn't going to help this dink and dunk offense?!  And that was with a QB carousel throwing him the ball.  The guy has never had huge TD numbers - 9 in a season is the most and 6 in a season is the 2nd highest in his career.

Dink n Dunk?

Is that the slang term for West Coast offense or do we need a classroom?

Interesting seeing the comments about what he should or should not be doing in the offseason, like he's a robot or something.

I don't think he's a robot. But he is a professional athlete. It's definitely not 1983 where training camp largely exists to get people in shape. It's possible he could've pulled a hamstring on the first pay with training. But it isn't a good look when you opted out of so much "optional" stuff. Haynesworth trained hard at home also, before he couldn't pass his conditioning test.

Archived