Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"DeSean Jackson Watch"

Renegade7

*corking eyebrow?

I disagree. Cousins has thrown 8TDs an 1 INT in the last three games. Time to get serious about taking the training wheels off. There's nothing wrong with telling him to throw it away when nothings there, but we owe it to the offense to not give up on the play when he's in trouble, to help keep him from panic mode.

Scramble drill should be common practice in the NFL at this point if it already isn't.

Yeah, Cousins opts for the the shorter pass because more often than not it's there. Meanwhile Jackson is streaking across the field and there's a shot to take if you see it...

I don't know if that's Play Design, coaching... maybe Cousins just isn't that risk taking QB yet? maybe he thinks (and maybe he's right) he's in a situation where mistakes have to be minimized else he might find himself on the bench quickly? I don't know... but it is frustrating to watch (though blowing a team out makes it much less frustrating :) )

I'm really like Jackson being on the team, which is a HUGE surprise to me. But I see little reason he'd want to stay here (without paying him absolute top dollar) unless Kirk steps his game up and starts finding Jackson more often (and the team starts winning more...)

Yeah, Cousins opts for the the shorter pass because more often than not it's there. Meanwhile Jackson is streaking across the field and there's a shot to take if you see it...

I don't know if that's Play Design, coaching... maybe Cousins just isn't that risk taking QB yet? maybe he thinks (and maybe he's right) he's in a situation where mistakes have to be minimized else he might find himself on the bench quickly? I don't know... but it is frustrating to watch (though blowing a team out makes it much less frustrating :) )

My biggest issue with Cousins was when he was that risk-taking quarterback.  That was bad Cousins.  Throw it away all day if it keeps the drive alive and doesn't lead to a turnover.  He doesn't need to be Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady if he does the other things correctly.

I'm really like Jackson being on the team, which is a HUGE surprise to me. But I see little reason he'd want to stay here (without paying him absolute top dollar) unless Kirk steps his game up and starts finding Jackson more often (and the team starts winning more...)

That highlighted comment makes me laugh. I love this team but the fans crack me up. 

Not sure what you're talking about. DeSean is under contract for the same price as this year as for next. There's No Way the Skins give KC a new contract and cut DeSean with dead cap money. The only question is Garçon.

KC isn't going anywhere and neither is DJ.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. DJ is under contract until 2017 and is going to be KC deep threat for another year at least...he took a pay cut coming here that worked out for both sides. He's an elite hard working professional and producer. The Skins have plenty of WR depth and the only vet in Q is Garçon.

You realize we run an offence very similar to NE. If you look at Tom Brady his yds/att are pretty low compared to say an Andrew Luck who is in a more aggressive downfield Off so he throws down field more. You have to compound that with Jackson injured, we don't really have anyone to run those long patterns. They can run them OK, but unlike Jackson they cannot chase balls down while they are in the air nearly as well. Jackson's most under-rated trait is his ability to chase balls down.

As for his contract, Jackson can only leave by being released. We have him under contract for the next 2 yrs but none of it guaranteed. So it would only be a dead cap hit of $2.5M, the same as Garcon. Both would be a huge cap savings - Garcon $8M - Jackson - $6.75M - here is the reference - http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/  I would see either Garcon or Jackson not being here next year.

So by releasing Jackson, Garcon, and Robert would provide a NET cap savings of almost $31M!! Think about how much that would help a rebuilding team with a very creative GM!  It appears Kirk will get at least some of that, but I am expecting a team friendly contract similar to Kaepernicks.

Finally, considering both Jay and Scot really like big strong WRs and that this off would be much more threatening with a big WR or two, I am certain at least one of Jackson or Garcon are gone, maybe both.

I think one of, if not our biggest offensive keys to tomorrow's game is hitting DJax deep at least twice in this game. I'll caveat this by saying it doesn't even necessarily need to be some 45 yard fly route - it can be a 20 yard dig or even a quick hitter in stride that he takes another 20 yards after the catch. This is absolutely essential because there's not another player on this team that opens up a defense like him. We need to hit him early on something like this, similar to New Orleans. 

DJax early, open up the running game and supplement it with short passes like last week and sprinkle in some more deep plays to DJax again throughout the game. Really, this has been the ideal offense and what was preached all offseason. Unfortunately DJax has been hurt all year. Anyone here saying he's lost even a fraction of a step are absolutely insane. People with elite speed frequently have hamstring issues and it's one of the longest lingering injuries there is. You keep pushing it, it will hamper him all year. They did things right and each week you can see him stepping it up towards full speed. I think he's 100% back this week and when that is the case there is not a single corner in the league, Josh Norman or otherwise, that can keep him in front of them. It's purely a matter of the protection being there and Cousins seeing him on those plays that he beats his guy deep because he will. 

DJax showing again why we shouldn't get rid of him (one of the few bright spots). This is another game Kirk didn't win for us, but didn't lose for us either. Jackson is at least one weapon I'd like to keep for him going into next year (everyone other skill position player outside Crowder seems suspect at this point, honestly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXyrOqoUGq0

Archived