Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"DeSean Jackson Watch"

Renegade7

I saw his comments this morning on CSN. Yep, he said it. And again I say ... pathetic. He might get a little more leeway if he'd been playing all season, been to offseason workouts, acted like he gave a damn about the team as a whole ... this guy couldn't care less about being a Redskin. If I was Gruden, I'd bench his ass for Ross today. 

I saw his comments this morning on CSN. Yep, he said it. And again I say ... pathetic. He might get a little more leeway if he'd been playing all season, been to offseason workouts, acted like he gave a damn about the team as a whole ... this guy couldn't care less about being a Redskin. If I was Gruden, I'd bench his ass for Ross today.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. There is no way Scot is going to put up w/ Jackson's crap next year.

the comments on here are ridiculous. jackson goes from being the most explosive receiver in the nfl to washed up in 1 game. get real people, everybody blamed all the offensive struggles on jackson being out, and when he comes back he is under-utilized. who cares if hes not a "team guy" as long as he is making plays. lets get a bunch of goody two shoes yay team guys and go 0-16 every year.

the comments on here are ridiculous. jackson goes from being the most explosive receiver in the nfl to washed up in 1 game. get real people, everybody blamed all the offensive struggles on jackson being out, and when he comes back he is under-utilized. who cares if hes not a "team guy" as long as he is making plays. lets get a bunch of goody two shoes yay team guys and go 0-16 every year

Well that's the problem, he's not making any plays. He's had a hamstring that has lasted 8 weeks.

And really I don't care if we have a team full of guys like Kirk, or ones that  are rough around the edges like Sean Taylor was.  All I care about is I want players that care about football. They love it and take it seriously. Not sure that is the case w/ Jackson.

the comments on here are ridiculous. jackson goes from being the most explosive receiver in the nfl to washed up in 1 game. get real people, everybody blamed all the offensive struggles on jackson being out, and when he comes back he is under-utilized. who cares if hes not a "team guy" as long as he is making plays. lets get a bunch of goody two shoes yay team guys and go 0-16 every year.

Most explosive or most one dimensional? 

He's done. He can't stay healthy. Time to move on.

To say he's washed up...that's a bit much.

However, its pretty sad that Dez Bryant broke his foot and returned to the field sooner than DJax that was out with a hammy.  Then when he comes back and is less than stellar, has the audacity to be me, me, me to the press.

Why anyone is surprised by it at all is beyond me considering this is the same guy he was before he got here. 

“It felt good,” Jackson said when asked how it felt to be back on the field. “Unfortunately, [we lost]. We played a great team, had a lot of mistakes out there. It was good to get back in the flow of things and getting back my timing and speed, things like that, so, you know, it felt good.”

Pugh then mentioned the drops that plagued the Redskins’ receivers on Sunday and asked Jackson if he could explain them.

“I’m not the one making the drops, I can’t really speak for that,” Jackson said. “As professional athletes, we get paid a lot of money to go out there and perfect the job. That’s what we need to do. So, if we need to correct something in practice and do something better, that’s what we need to do as professionals.”

Finally, Pugh asked Jackson if he thinks that there’s enough time left in the season for him to contribute.

“With the opportunities I get, I think I’ll be able to do a good job with that,” Jackson said. “I can’t call the plays for me, I can’t throw the ball to myself, so when the coaches and the quarterback call my number, I’ll be there and doing what I need to do.”

all the noise about cutting Jackson and Garcon. Is it possible the front office may try to restructure Jackson's and Garcon's contracts during the off season?

Actually Garcon has won a game for us(Philly)and keeps the sticks moving with receptions in the middle of the field

Jackson is a victim of injury of a hamstring. A common injury to any wide receiver young or old. 

Hell Stefon Diggs has a slight pull of a hammy and he is a rookie.

So I say before everyone gets in a uproar on Jackson's performance, give him a chance. Hail

all the noise about cutting Jackson and Garcon. Is it possible the front office may try to restructure Jackson's and Garcon's contracts during the off season?

OK, do you mean anything in particular with the word "restructure" or are you just using it as a magic cure-all? Because that seems to be what people do here, throwing that word at every contract issue without having any idea what it means.

It's like Oprah, everyone gets a restructure. You get one! And you get one! Restructures for everybody!

oprah+giveaway.gif

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578530/article/desean-jackson-hits-jay-gruden-with-purple-nurple

Once I was done wiping the tears from my eyes from laughter...I started to think what if that was Bill Belichek? What would happen to the player that did that?

We don't know the context of the situation. 

On one hand you can look at it as Jay's a players coach, having fun with the guys, being himself.

On the other hand you can look at it as a lack of respect for the head coach, with Desean being himself.

OK, do you mean anything in particular with the word "restructure" or are you just using it as a magic cure-all? Because that seems to be what people do here, throwing that word at every contract issue without having any idea what it means.

It's like Oprah, everyone gets a restructure. You get one! And you get one! Restructures for everybody!

Where do you get the idea of a magic "Cure all" in my statement?  Who says there is a contract issue. I'm saying there is a possibility of keeping these two players on the roster for next year. Unless you have the crystal ball and you can explain what you would do in this instance. I don't follow Oprah, great lady, but what does Oprah have to do with Redskin football? get a grip dude. Hail

To say he's washed up...that's a bit much.

However, its pretty sad that Dez Bryant broke his foot and returned to the field sooner than DJax that was out with a hammy. Then when he comes back and is less than stellar, has the audacity to be me, me, me to the press.

Why anyone is surprised by it at all is beyond me considering this is the same guy he was before he got here.

The only reason dez was back on the field sooner than desean was because we had a bye week the week that dez came back. Otherwise I bet desean would have been on the field that same week.

Where do you get the idea of a magic "Cure all" in my statement?  Who says there is a contract issue. I'm saying there is a possibility of keeping these two players on the roster for next year. Unless you have the crystal ball and you can explain what you would do in this instance. I don't follow Oprah, great lady, but what does Oprah have to do with Redskin football? get a grip dude. Hail

That was a long way around without answering the question. You used the word "restructure", so what did you mean by it?

You don't actually have to answer. You can't really restructure contracts that only have a year left on them. You, like a lot of people, used that word as if it meant something when it didn't. Which was my point.

Not a big deal, so calm down.                                                                                 

That was a long way around without answering the question. You used the word "restructure", so what did you mean by it?

You don't actually have to answer. You can't really restructure contracts that only have a year left on them. You, like a lot of people, used that word as if it meant something when it didn't. Which was my point.

Not a big deal, so calm down.                                                                                 

Ok, I guess I took it the wrong way.yeah you are right about the 1year left on the deal, my humble apologies.

Part of me feels he's still getting eased in. He may not be injured, but they aren't asking him to be Dez Bryant just yet.

I was at the game, and though I was encouraged by what I was seeing, we definitely need to focus on scramble drills. I lost count of the number of times I saw single high safety with DJax in single coverage and Kirk didn't even think his way when stuff started getting wonky on a play. Another time I felt DJax came back in when if he'd just kept his go route it would have been a bomb.

Part of me feels he's still getting eased in. He may not be injured, but the aren't asking him to be Dez Bryant just yet.

I was at the game, and though I was encouraged by what I was seeing, we definitely need to focus on scramble drills. I lost count of the number of times I saw single high safety with DJax in single coverage and Kirk didn't even think his way when stuff started getting wonky on a play. Another time I felt DJax came back in when if he'd just kept his go route it would have been a bomb.

That's really the last thing Cousins needs to work on: making plays when things break down. He's still a bit too robotic in that regard. But, he'll get there in time. That comes with experience.

Archived