Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RTD - Kirk Cousins, Jay Gruden cite positives after Redskins loss

gclark84

I don't feel like we got stomped. We had chances. The reason we lost this game was due to stupid mistakes. The blocked punt, two stupid ints by Kirk, the Matt Jones fumble. If not for that Matt Jones fumble, we may well have one that game.

Also, we were moving the ball.

The Matt jones fumble didn't cost us a victory. It would've taken a small miracle to win even if he did score.

The GIANTS were desperate and MOTIVATED. I figured the skins would have to play exceptional ball to win. They HAD shots so the Scheme WORKED..back off Jay in that regard. Jone played loose with the ball and it cost him...lesson learned I hope. The 2 INT's 1 was a good play by CB..the other (like Jay said) if you are going to throw in the middle..you better be damn sure of the catch.

I am disappointed..but I didn't see anyone quit. *I* Liked that. It's a immature team..cut em some slack. THEY ARE moving in the right direction and if you can't SEE that...you are Blind.

Seriously, did anyone here honestly think this was instantly going to be a playoff contender this year?

I think the only reason anyone was thinking playoffs before last night's game is that after Week 2, it looked like seven wins might take the division.

So you have to have a great quarterback right now, if it isn't right now then the skins suck. Can we please let a QB play more than 3 full games as the starter? Will you please let a team grow and gel over time? No, because we have the win now or get off the field mentality. I would like to see Cousins play for the entire season. FLAME ON !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

The over-knee jerk reaction around here is out of control. Give the Giants credit. They were ready to play. Going on the road after a Sunday game is really hard. I think everyone probably had this game down as a loss. Not sure why everyone if freaking out.

Kirk missed some and threw two terrible picks. Did we think Kirk would have 16 good games?? Didn't you guys know that he would have a few games like this??

Could not agree more. The Giants did an excellent job controlling our ground game. We had no choice really to pass sometimes because we couldn't get a first down on two running plays and was going three and out on three straight possessions. They're some things to be worried about, but I'll wait until we play a Sunday game, against a motivated team at home trying to win their first game to have my true opinion on my team.

Enjoy the season guys.

I have been a fan for 44 years and I have a right to vent. I have not attacked anyone for their opinion. This is what being a fan is all about. I have been through the good and bad like everyone else but will not be an apologist for this team. You have a right to voice opinion but do not have a right to make it personal with me.

This is why fans should NEVER OWN A TEAM.........oh, wait :) Some fans are screaming for Jay to be fired, KC to be benched, etc, etc.and it is only week 3. I think we need to be patient and trust the people who are in charge (not Dan or Bruce but the real football guys).

This was never going to be a ream contending this year and we should've expected to see games like this, I believe the right philosophy is in place and believe things are going to get better sooner rather than later.

I'd rather see some chairs thrown and words bleeped out of the post game comments, then hear about positives, after a game like that..  Been hearing how it's only the 3rd game of the season for what feels like 20 seasons now.. Oh wait, it has been 20+ seasons.. Oof..

So you have to have a great quarterback right now, if it isn't right now then the skins suck. Can we please let a QB play more than 3 full games as the starter? Will you please let a team grow and gel over time? No, because we have the win now or get off the field mentality. I would like to see Cousins play for the entire season. FLAME ON !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

Aaaaand we're back to the HOF QBs / Kirk Cousins comparisons.

Rewatching the game, there were so many opportunities to win this game. Besides his accuracy being a little off, cousins didnt play that bad. The 2nd int, carrier killed the whole play. First he runs right into moses, injuring his arm, and then leaves him hanging and runs a crappy route. Meanwhile, moses guy has a free rush at cousins while moses is just standing there holding his arm.

Rewatching the game, there were so many opportunities to win this game. Besides his accuracy being a little off, cousins didnt play that bad. The 2nd int, carrier killed the whole play. First he runs right into moses, injuring his arm, and then leaves him hanging and runs a crappy route. Meanwhile, moses guy has a free rush at cousins while moses is just standing there holding his arm.

A little off? His inaccuracy left points on the field last night.

Meh.. call me crazy, I just think it was a Thursday nite game. They were flat. Cousins missed way to many balls and sloppy play all around.

But positives... Hells yea

D looked good most of the time. Berlin probably could have had tighter coverage on a couple 3rd, 4th and shorts. I don't really care bout the big plays, he was in good position for those. No pass rush, but run D was great.

Grant looked great and Crowder finally showed his speed may translate into this level. Last couple games for me he just didn't seem to be the explosive speed player I thought I would see. Jones looked good at times, so did Alf. 

Frankly, it wasn't about the refs, but multiple bad calls including roughing punter, holding on Lich, offensive interference and PF on kickoff was nothing less than ridiculous. These calls definitely affected momentum.

Really, I'm not that upset. They were always kinda right there to snatch momentum, just didn't happen. On to the next one....PHILLY BABAY

I'm still on win the division train... HATERS GONNA HATE. I honestly think we have enough talent on D to make this happen

Meh.. call me crazy, I just think it was a Thursday nite game.

I wish the NFL would just hold off any of our games being played on Thursday night for at least another 3 years. Why do they keep torturing themselves with low ratings knowing we don't bring anything to the table in these night games?

I just want to know one thing everyone? What kind of mind altering drugs are they giving out at redskins park?  Please somebody tell me how in the hell you can take away ANY positives from what we saw last night!

I was totally embarrassed and not really sure how these two came to find any positive vibes last night? Maybe because the bus got to Giant stadium safely? or they did not forget their uniforms? or that they did not get lost on the way home? Please someone explain to me how a team that was torched last year 45-14 and then telling us things will be different this time is down 25-6 with no hope in the 4th qtr last night can cite any positives other than we were not shut out!

Bad teams always seem to cite positives in humiliating losses. Maybe I am wrong here but that's how I feel. At least tell us the truth that we are not good enough on a weekly basis yet and until we have a QB that steps up we have no shot at winning consistently or making the playoffs or beating a good team with a viable QB...Personally and I believe most of us know this already no such QB exists on this team.

dude. The positives? that's really easy, stop being so negative. They are winning off the field.

Archived