Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RTD - Kirk Cousins, Jay Gruden cite positives after Redskins loss

gclark84

RG3 can't be this bad......hell...neither can Colt....

It's weird cuz I want to cheer for Cousins, but my eyes won't let the rose tinted glasses I'm trying to wear lie to myself....sorry folks he doesn't have it...(unless we are ahead and running the ball well)

Why does our HC refuse to admit this.....?????

That was sooooo deflating to watch

agree 100%

Not really understanding the comparison with other QBs throwing INTs this week. While they may have thrown them, the huge difference is that all of those QBs (minus Fitzpatrick) have taken their teams to the playoffs or Super Bowl with their play. Meanwhile, the only thing Cousins seems to be consistent with is throwing an INT each week and can't even put together 2 consecutive wins as a starter in a season. Once Cousins shows us he can stop throwing to the other jersey consistently and put together a string of wins, then maybe we can talk about progress and comparing stats. Until then it's just laughable.

Also Kirk plays for an organization that has had what four play off appearences in 20 years as well.  Three as wild card and one division.  Not the best company.

Its been 3 games guys...

"Yeah, lets change the qb again! It always works when we do!"

Damn, give the guy a chance to develop. Minimum, unless he totally ****s the bed, is week 10.

Thank you.  Let's commit and stick to something.   Gibbs and Marty both 0 - 5.  Stuck with it and the teams improved.  Worst firing by Danny boy was firing Marty.  Impatience.  People were ready to fire Gibbs back then.  Cooke stuck with it.  See what some patience brought us.   Norv decided to go with Trent Green after the Ferrotte Shuler failure and by the end of the year team was playing decently.  Lost Trent when team got sold.  Why can't this happen with this group.   Everyone is so knee jerk.   Changing quarterbacks.  Changing coaches.  How has that worked for us the last 20 years.  Make your mind up and stick with something.  Becoming good is  a process.  A process you have to respect and work through.  There's no short cuts.

The best organizations have a level of consistency.  Green Bay.  New England.  Pittsburgh.  Giants.   Kirk is clearly the best option on the team.    We saw what Colt did against the Rams last year.   Jay and Kirk have to stay the course and block out the noise, which is us -- and have belief.  

We were losing 25-6 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Our offense scored 1 TD and we were never in the game. I would say that we got stomped..Sorry someone please tell if at any point in this game you thought even down 15-6 we were coming back. I knew we were done when it was 12-0. Just being honest and my complete lack of faith in our QB bringing us back. Also knew he was going to throw a couple of picks..which he did once again and once again we hear the garbage that he needs to correct it!

Dude, had Matt not fumbled the score would have been 18 -13.  Clearly anyone's game at that point.  Plus we would have had some momentum.  That fumble clearly took the wind out of the team after a masterful 15 play 77 yard drive.  We clearly beat ourselves more than the Giants beat us.  Even Breeland was there but did not make the play.   That has been a huge problem for this team this year.  Not making plays, yet really being in all the games.   Tied for last in the league in plus minus takeaways.  Bad teams.  How many dropped potential picks.  Two teams fumbles not recovered.  It's almost unbelievable. Particularly the Jones fumble.

I certainly hope the players don't have your attitude.  Geez. I will give you a break.  The skins have been so bad some of us fans also have low self esteem.   Can you blame us?  LOL

The team has yet to play a complete game.   It's a team and organization trying to forge their own identiy with a relatively new coach and gm.  Just keep marching foward.  Be stoic and believe in what you're doing. 

There will be improvement guys and gals, just have a little patience.

There will be games where everything goes wrong, there will be games where certain aspects of the game goes wrong; its how the rest of the team responds to it that will give the team its identity.

A couple of games early in the season, where the QB is trying to get his bearings, all QBs go through this; if you were expecting a QB with 10 starts over a 4 year period to come out looking like Elway, then you're expecting too much. Lets just wait and see how he does over the next few weeks and see if there's improvement; even if we lose the games, if he played well enough to win but another part of the team stunk it up you can't blame the QB; it happens all the time and we will lose other games, but if he improves then its a step in the right direction.

The sky isn't falling, its a beautiful day, birds are singing, squirrels are playing with their nuts, and optimism is high, keep a positive attitude and let the chips fall where they may.

I want to see this offense with Jackson. Remember Cousins was hitting him with deep shots pretty often last year. The offense just doesn't have any explosiveness without him in it and its really hampering Cousins, who has always been a pretty good intermediate to downfield passer who hasn't really had that opportunity due to a more conservative offense.

Also Kirk plays for an organization that has had what four play off appearences in 20 years as well.  Three as wild card and one division.  Not the best company.

Thank you.  Let's commit and stick to something.   Gibbs and Marty both 0 - 5.  Stuck with it and the teams improved.  Worst firing by Danny boy was firing Marty.  Impatience.  People were ready to fire Gibbs back then.  Cooke stuck with it.  See what some patience brought us.   Norv decided to go with Trent Green after the Ferrotte Shuler failure and by the end of the year team was playing decently.  Lost Trent when team got sold.  Why can't this happen with this group.   Everyone is so knee jerk.   Changing quarterbacks.  Changing coaches.  How has that worked for us the last 20 years.  Make your mind up and stick with something.  Becoming good is  a process.  A process you have to respect and work through.  There's no short cuts.

The best organizations have a level of consistency.  Green Bay.  New England.  Pittsburgh.  Giants.   Kirk is clearly the best option on the team.    We saw what Colt did against the Rams last year.   Jay and Kirk have to stay the course and block out the noise, which is us -- and have belief.

I believe Mcloughlan also had a part in keeping Alex Smith before he became a serviceable guy you could win withwith. Give a guy like cousins time to grow in the system while at the stime, time continuing to draft BPA. Eventually, that will be a qb. Hopefully cousins will grown into that serviceable qb and give us time to find another, potentially better qb. He doesn't have to be a world beater. Alex Smith never was. But he has won.

1 good game, 1 bad game, and 1 average game, is that enough to bench a guy, hell no.  Thinking Cousins is going to put this team on his back and carry us to the promise land is laughable, and thinking we have QB's on the bench who could carry us but are being neglected because of Cousins is even more laughable.

A lot of positives today by Cousins, but some negatives by our Receivers and Safety. Grant has no excuse dropping 2 important passes on the final drive and Robinson got beat not once but twice for TD's. I wouldn't care if he was no longer a Redskin tomorrow morning, he damn near cost us the game by himself. Without the 2 break downs on defense, the Redskins Defense were all over Philly and Bradford.

1 good game, 1 bad game, and 1 average game, is that enough to bench a guy, hell no.  Thinking Cousins is going to put this team on his back and carry us to the promise land is laughable, and thinking we have QB's on the bench who could carry us but are being neglected because of Cousins is even more laughable.

Hmmm... Seems he just did put the team on his back on will the team to victory. But I guess that was just by accident. Or it was really someone else. Or - or - or - or. 

Heaven forbid it be that Cousins actually had a great game!

Archived