Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Use RGIII as utility player (for 2015)

Renegade7

Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?

• Yes
    • No
    • This thread ran outta steam before it even started. (Is what it is)

Griffin should consider rounding up another sponsor, like Big League Chew, cause he'll be riding the pine for a long time.

With all the negativity surrounding him, by the media and fans [ redskin fans, not Griffin fans ], if he's ever put in, he might just look for a big hit to take just to 'go on, take the money and run'. I bet he has that as his ringtone right now.

might be interesting to hype up the special "gadget" plays that Griffin will come in to the game for ... make the DC's waste precious time working up defense responses

never play him though ... if he can't survive running a flag route a couple of times a game ... no way he can survive QB ... the way he plays it

might be interesting to hype up the special "gadget" plays that Griffin will come in to the game for ... make the DC's waste precious time working up defense responses

Put him WIDE right, as in 1 yard away from the sideline, force Miami to cover him; being he has speed, they'll prob slant the safety to him, opening up holes for DJax or Garcon. Just don't throw it to him, they will knock him into the 6th row.

A simple "no" answer to your poll, because Griffin simply wouldn't go along with it.

Becoming or trying to become some sort of "utility player" would be, in Griffin's mind I believe, tantamount to him admitting he isn't an NFL-caliber QB. 

I don't think he is ready to do that. :)

Griffin should consider rounding up another sponsor, like Big League Chew, cause he'll be riding the pine for a long time.

With all the negativity surrounding him, by the media and fans [ redskin fans, not Griffin fans ], if he's ever put in, he might just look for a big hit to take just to 'go on, take the money and run'. I bet he has that as his ringtone right now.

So, if you are Griffin fan then you can't be a Redskins fan?  Hmmm, that's an interesting perspective. Care to elaborate? Also, do you have data to support Robert so lacking in character t hat he would take a season ending           

I am a huge Robert fan but I agree with the decision to start Kirk and to move on from Robert. I wish him success and hope he does well, either here or somewhere else. Not sure how that makes me any less a Redskins fan. I would be interested in hearing that thought process.

There is no way his fragile body could hold up...then we would be stuck paying him his "retirement plan" next year.  Not to mention all the drama and media attention this would bring.  If he was some 7th round no profile guy...then hell yeah teach him to return punts!

See, this is what drives me crazy with this whole premise (and my dad said the same thing).

The 'no's will take this thread more so for the fear of him getting hurt and us having to cough up that money then can we find a way to still use him to help us win.

You can't make this stuff up. I agree that his pride may get in the way, but if that's the case, he really needs to be cut. Are we really going to keep this guy as a backup next year making dough? I, too, just do not understand why he's still here other then a "we don't know what to do yet" type thing.

This thread is getting brutal. Poor Robert. He doesn't deserve this. He can't help it that he was born with bones that are like little pieces of chalk.

I was going to post this earlier but decided against it. But here it goes any way. This entire thread is just a thinly veiled let's beat up on Robert thread. We really should be better than this.

I was really hoping they would just release him and be done with it. I guess one thing to hope for is they are just waiting for him to clear the concussion protocol and then move him.

But this continued attack on him, his character, his abilities, his commitment - all of it has been said and done 100,000s of times. It's really time to just move on.

I of course voted no.

Oh and the person who said picking up the option was the wrong decision - it was the right decision at the time. You think this costs the team money? Imagine had he played even half way decent, it would have cost us the $16M or more, or we would have just plain lost him as he would have been a free agent. They had to pick up his option as it gave the team the best amount of control.

Archived