Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Use RGIII as utility player (for 2015)

Renegade7

Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?

• Yes
    • No
    • This thread ran outta steam before it even started. (Is what it is)

Making a poll, and saying 'Yes' from the standpoint that if we're going to keep him and deal with the distraction, we might as well try to get some use out of him. Sort of a mutual "last chance" not to stay in DC, but to stay in NFL (and maybe raise from the dead some trade value).

Him getting injured and costing us more money is a definitive risk, let alone attracting unneeded media attention if he does well in the utility player role and Cousins struggles (God help us).

I don't want him as the starter this year (that ship has sailed), and would like to keep this thread on what we can use him as in a non-traditional QB role. Try to have some fun with it, please don't be a jerk.

Not only no, but **** no. Even if you set aside the fact that you're risking a $16 million drain on our cap next year, he's just not a good fit for this type of role. He's a straight line athlete with no agility or side to side ability, no elusiveness, questionable vision. There just wouldn't be much you could do with him in a non-QB role. 

Not only no, but **** no. Even if you set aside the fact that you're risking a $16 million drain on our cap next year, he's just not a good fit for this type of role. He's a straight line athlete with no agility or side to side ability, no elusiveness, questionable vision. There just wouldn't be much you could do with him in a non-QB role.

This.

He doesn't really have moves and I doubt he still has the speed to really challenged LBs or CBs.

If anything, maybe they could switch the QBs in and out like Philly did with Vick and Kolb in 2010 but that 16 million is a killer

I still can't figure out why he's on the roster. It doesn't help the team, could potentially cripple us if he gets hurt, nobody is going to trade for him, and we know we're not going to keep him around for $16 million next year so why not do him a favor and let him get started with his new team now?

Because his concussion clearance hasn't come through and a trade is imminent.

I voted yes. He can become Kordell Stewart mark 2 but made out of glass, the breaking of which will cost the team 16 million against next year's cap.

Seems like the logical move for this franchise, honestly.

(and this is coming from someone who has been over Griffin since the first few weeks of 2013)

I think it would be funny.

What makes you think he'd even be any good playing any other position? He's played QB his whole life and can't even do that at an NFL level.

He'd get wrecked running in the open field with his running style. Then say bye bye to $16 Mil next year. We'd basically be Capgating ourselves.

I would say "he'd be great on ST", however, if 6 guys right in front of him can't stop defenders, I doubt that they'll care to from 40 yards away. Jeez.

And for all the RGIII haters/questioners who talk to me, I always emphasize the "Olympic hurdler". He could've won accolades for a decade or more, but made the conscious decision to play QB in DC. It turned out to be a bad decision, but if any of you hasn't made one, I'll kiss your ass.

Dish installation dude in my office yesterday: Oh, I see you're a Redskins fan...what they gonna do with RGIII? Trade comin'?

I pulled my Elite out of the closet in said room and said, "By God, I hope not."

Cheerleader? Put his high kicking, hurdling prowess to good use. 

Tackiling dummy? He's very adept at going down easily and bouncing back up. 

Concessions vender? Do we have a Subway at the stadium? He could start the FedEx Sub franchise given his previous with them. 

After that I'm struggling how you keep him in the league. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Someone was watching the Ohio State game last night... A couple of thoughts:

1) RG3 is not Braxton Miller. Braxton Miller is an elusive runner. Griffin is a track start with straight line speed.

2) If RG3 was willing to do extra stuff like this, you play him at QB and let him run the read option.

3) If RG3 gets hit after making a catch and gets hurt, you're on the hook for 16 mil plus next year... which is more than most playmakers make.

I'm not sure that Calvin Johnson makes that much, but it's probably close if not a little more than that. Not worth the risk.

Archived