Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Use RGIII as utility player (for 2015)

Renegade7

Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?

• Yes
    • No
    • This thread ran outta steam before it even started. (Is what it is)

You're assuming that Jay will be here next year.

The scenario where Jay goes and Robert stays is a very real possibility. Robert is willing to renegotiate the $16 million to stay.

I could see us hiring a head coach like Art Briles to "get the most out of Robert."

Although, I'm not sure Art Briles himself is available due to his 10 year contract. It also wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to hire Art Briles for 2014, but his new contract stopped them.

Looking at the way Colin and Russell have evolved as QBs since the zone-read year in 2012, even they understand they have to be well versed in what works in the NFL, not just what works in college. The project tenure of Griffin's career here is over, either he's an NFL QB or he's not.

We can have a lot of fun in this thread, but I will not accept this becoming another "Griffin didn't get a chance / Yes he did" thread. If it does I'll ask the Mods to close it, straight up.

But, he's only 25 and has proven he can win in the NFL. Not sure why people are so willing to give up on a 25 year old rookie of the year, ha. Makes no sense to me. If he doesn't want to play what made him so successful, then I agree we should cut him. Heck Chip Kelly took a bigger chance on someone who has worse injury problems and was considered a bust. Yet a team like the skins, is just going to cut and run after 3 years. That's asinine. 

He's proven he can win running a college type offense, which the other 31 teams have found a way to stop.

He's also proven he hasn't improved on his footwork, his field recognition, his pocket awareness, and god knows what else.

Bottom line is, he hasn't developed into a pro-style QB, and this nonsense about being a gadget player will get him seriously hurt out there. IF he were to come in on certain plays, he would have a huge target, complete with flashing lights and streamers, on his back, and, for what? A 6 yd gain?

Look, everyone, myself included, wanted to see him develop into a good QB, but he hasn't. He's gotten worse. And I'm sure I can speak for more than myself on this, but right now Cousins is the best chance period, no need for a distraction. Gruden wants a pro-style offense, and Griffin just couldn't compete, and he's way too fragile of a player to use anywhere else.

The only 'utility' use for Griffin would be for him to turn on the utilities in the mornings before the team gets to practice, i.e. lights and water.

But, he's only 25 and has proven he can win in the NFL. Not sure why people are so willing to give up on a 25 year old rookie of the year, ha. Makes no sense to me. If he doesn't want to play what made him so successful, then I agree we should cut him. Heck Chip Kelly took a bigger chance on someone who has worse injury problems and was considered a bust. Yet a team like the skins, is just going to cut and run after 3 years. That's asinine.

Good teams cut their losses and move on. We've been accused of holding on to players too far past their prime or ability. I'm good with moving on after this year. It's sad and it sucks because we all thought we'd finally had "our guy." But the reality is, time to cut bait.

Archived