Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Use RGIII as utility player (for 2015)

Renegade7

Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Use RGIII as a utility player for 2015 season?

• Yes
    • No
    • This thread ran outta steam before it even started. (Is what it is)

Sorry I couldn't get back sooner, this pesky little thing called work keeps distracting me.

I don't envision you as a 'Griffin fan' first, then a Redskins fan.

But you have to admit, there are Griffin first fans, then Redskin fans second. It happens alot with high profile players; some people attach themselves to that person, and when things go bad, in that person's eyes, its everyone else's fault except the person they idolize. Thats where the disconnect comes into play. It reminds me of Britney spears, and that wacko nutjob on youtube that everyone has seen, crying to leave her alone!

Thats not to the extent that some fans are with Griffin, but relatively close. The notion that a star QB like him can have so much of an impact, positive and negative, coupled with the media baited and waiting, it a nasty stew of trouble. 

To answer your question,  yes, you can be a fan of Griffin AND the Redskins; not to be a dead fish and follow the stream, but when its blatantly obvious he has issues he has not solved as of yet, its difficult to not shine a light on someone who blindly defends him.

My turn to apologize for the late response. Same thing work. Been on a plane the last 10 hrs.

I will leave you with this, are there a very few out there who only root for the Skins because they like Robert? Yes.  Baylor fans, some others from Texas who just like him.

But I think the very high majority of people root for both. And I do think you can still support Robert and want him to succeed here, to the point of possibly over defending him and still be a Redskins fan. There are football professionals out there that are convinced the Redskins have not given Robert the best opportunity to succeed here. I am not saying I totally agree with them, but some points are valid.

For myself, I am just tired of the circus, whether it's his fault or not. In the end he has just not performed well enough to put up with the media **** storm that comes with everything he says or does. It's just too tiresome. Let's move on. Just my two cents worth.

It looked like the right decision at the time based on the reports coming out of Ashburn that Griffin was the starter.

But as we've seen and Jay has told you, he only said that to keep from having to talk about it for 6 months.  Our front office had to know this.  They had to know that the Robert is the starter stuff was purely fluff.  I don't understand how knowing that you can sign up for 16 million next season.  It only makes sense if you truly have belief that he's your guy and you are going to give him time to prove it. 

I think they had every intention of giving him every chance to be the guy. It just did not work out.

I'm not treating it as an opportunity to throw pot-shots at the guy. What's done is done. As fans, I feel we have the right to us our imagination or out-right question the logic of keeping him here if we're basically scared to use him.

It make more sense if we're waiting for him to pass concussion protocol to release him, but it will be hard to get someone to trade for him with everyone knowing that and no effort to increase his trade value.

I respect you as a poster. But this thread comes off to me as just another opportunity to trash Robert, the Coaches or the team. We already have plenty of those. The points have been discussed to death.

My turn to apologize for the late response. Same thing work. Been on a plane the last 10 hrs.

I will leave you with this, are there a very few out there who only root for the Skins because they like Robert? Yes.  Baylor fans, some others from Texas who just like him.

But I think the very high majority of people root for both. And I do think you can still support Robert and want him to succeed here, to the point of possibly over defending him and still be a Redskins fan. There are football professionals out there that are convinced the Redskins have not given Robert the best opportunity to succeed here. I am not saying I totally agree with them, but some points are valid.

For myself, I am just tired of the circus, whether it's his fault or not. In the end he has just not performed well enough to put up with the media **** storm that comes with everything he says or does. It's just too tiresome. Let's move on. Just my two cents worth.

I think they had every intention of giving him every chance to be the guy. It just did not work out.

And thats all I was saying. There are, a few, who are fans of him first, Redskins second. Hell, i was cheering for him to bring winning football back to DC, and his rookie season was up and down, but as I stand by my word, Morris had as much to do with it as Griffin did.

It was directed moreso at the few who are blindly blaming everyone/everything else except Griffin, and how crazy and twisted it got, from cherry-picked stats [ which i flat-out hate due to deceptiveness ] to not being given a chance; I was on the wagon of giving KC a lengthy time period where he was the starter just as Griffin was given, and let him go through his peaks and valleys, and see where it ends up at the end of the season; and they came outta the woodwork after a handful of games blasting KC, IMO, unfairly, so i was defensive for the kid.

Now he has that chance; if he stinks it up, then we have our answer; if he stumbles a little then picks up, we have our answer. But Griffin has had more than enough time to mature into the position, but injuries and poor play has shown he's not durable enough or skilled enough, yet. whether he stays here or goes somewhere else, I hope the best for him, he's a good kid, but being a good kid is not what this team needs; they need a good QB...

We're trading him to SEA for Kam and Russell.

3 team trade. Kam and Russell go to the Cowboys, Cowboys send us Herschel Walker, and we send the Seahawks Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams.

Now he has that chance; if he stinks it up, then we have our answer; if he stumbles a little then picks up, we have our answer. But Griffin has had more than enough time to mature into the position, but injuries and poor play has shown he's not durable enough or skilled enough, yet. whether he stays here or goes somewhere else, I hope the best for him, he's a good kid, but being a good kid is not what this team needs; they need a good QB...

On a serious note (super serious), being benched and possibly having to watch for an entire season might be the best thing for RG3.  He's going to still get reps in practice (presumably), he'll have a year to rest and allow lingering injuries to heal, and he'll be moving on no later than this offseason.  If he takes advantage of this opportunity, improves his game, rests intelligently, etc., he'll likely get another chance to start with another team down the road.

The only thing that should happen with RG3 this year is a trade.

Nobody is going to trade resources for a $3 million dollar backup QB who they can't keep on next season due to his $16 million salary.

Nobody is going to trade for Robert to be their starter because

1. Everybody (except a few here) realizes he's not very good.
  2. The whole $16 million thing and him being so injury prone
  3. He couldn't learn our system in two years. How is he going to go somewhere else and start after one week of practice?

you should be. I'm drunk at work. Running my mouth, throwing opinions everywhere, pants fell off 3 times already. And I still think you should be the embarrassed one. $16 mil random play guy, made of glass. Why would you think that's a good idea? Why? Have you honestly put any thought into this? Really? Remember that last time? In Pittsburgh? Holy crap was that bad. We don't want to do that again.

He comes in, do you think no one notices? No one cares?

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I have been wrong before), but he'd only get the $16 million if he can't pass the medical physical in March 2016, right?

I remember watching the 2012 Pittsburgh game, but there's no arithmetic here. I could pose this question in most any bar or street corner and be able to have a light-hearted conversation about it. I didn't spend my whole day figuring out how to plan out this thread or OP, but I'm also aware there are more rules against teeing off on defenseless players now then even his rookie year.

I still feel too many people are pissed off or dug into their position on the situation to be able to have this thread, no matter what the intent was. If ya'll want to close the thread, that's fine, but we need to move on and we need to let it go.

I respect you as a poster. But this thread comes off to me as just another opportunity to trash Robert, the Coaches or the team. We already have plenty of those. The points have been discussed to death.

Thanx, I know you meant that. I may have missed any "Go-Go-Gadget Robert" posts previously, but you're right that there's too much bad blood in here right now to hope this thread won't go south. I totally expect for people to put there opinions and for the thread to eventually fall off the front page, as we've done for years here.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I have been wrong before), but he'd only get the $16 million if he can't pass the medical physical in March 2016, right?

I remember watching the 2012 Pittsburgh game, but there's no arithmetic here. I could pose this question in most any bar or street corner and be able to have a light-hearted conversation about it. I didn't spend my whole day figuring out how to plan out this thread or OP, but I'm also aware there are more rules against teeing off on defenseless players now then even his rookie year.

I still feel too many people are pissed off or dug into their position on the situation to be able to have this thread, no matter what the intent was. If ya'll want to close the thread, that's fine, but we need to move on and we need to let it go.

I agree.  I wouldn't be overly concerned if the team tried to use him in goal line or 2 point conversion situation, or maybe threw him in there in short yardage.  Maybe even some gadget plays.

I will bet you one hundred million dollars that doesn't happen.

I would take that bet if you had one hundred million dollars. I'll admit its less likely they'd actually trade for him because that would entail giving something up for him, but if we had cut him they'd be all over that **** guaran****intee it

The eagles. ****in watch it happen, especially after they cut tebow and bradford's injury history. i'm just waiting. chip kelly licking his chops

Why do people keep spewing the Chip Kelly would love RG3 nonsense? RG3 is everything Kelly can't stand at QB. Kelly wants QBs that make quick decisions and are accurate. That's why he wanted Bradford. RG3 is the complete opposite of that.

Why do people keep spewing the Chip Kelly would love RG3 nonsense? RG3 is everything Kelly can't stand at QB. Kelly wants QBs that make quick decisions and are accurate. That's why he wanted Bradford. RG3 is the complete opposite of that.

Chip would love RG3. You described exactly what won RG3 a Heisman and ROY. Quick decisions. What RG3 fails at is the opposite of what you just described. Reading defenses and progressing through routes. Chip Kelly's offense is RG3's bread and butter.

I agree.  I wouldn't be overly concerned if the team tried to use him in goal line or 2 point conversion situation, or maybe threw him in there in short yardage.  Maybe even some gadget plays.

GADGET?  

<STAFF EDITED OUT PIC WITH PROFANITY, member suspended for violating same rule previously>

Archived