Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsline Power Rankings... your washington redskins 32nd of 32 teams

mcsluggo

Sad bet for a fan to make assuming you don't want to lose.

I don't want to lose but I saw over a decade ago what was going to happen whilst Dan owned the team. It was logical to hold out hope that he could get better but at this point, it's pretty clear. Might as well use his incompetence to build up a little nest egg and retire early.

The list looks reasonable to me. But we were probably 32 on some other network writers list before the 2012 season. Being 32 doesn't surprise me or upset me.

I personally believe the Jets will be the worst team in the league.

I have no idea where these people come up with this stuff.  The Redskins have been consistently bad, but never the worst, so why predict it now

Because we've been underachieving for so long, someone finally decided not to get burned by the under.  We Skins fans, especially those of us who stood in the pouring rain in '82 to welcome our beloved champs, have no good reason to gripe except that it's our Skins.  Our team hasn't earned the right to gainsay anyone.

Hackenberg is extremely overrated... People compare his measurables and think he's Andrew luck when in reality, he's basically Kirk Cousins. He'd have to significantly improve this year to even be considered the top QB prospect in the draft, much less the #1 overall.

Agreed.

Connor Cook is the clear #1 QB going off last years tape for me. He's also right up Gruden's street QB wise. 

I really feel we have addressed our big areas of need. O-line, D-line, and the secondary. If Robert can come back to playing good ball in his 2nd year in this system, we will surprise a lot of people. If we have good QB play we are far from 32 IMO. Only time will tell.

-HTTR

Regarding Hackenberg, great freshman year under Texans HC O'Brien. But then struggled a lot last year under a new offense and extremely young O-line and WR's. Very tough to grade him based on last year. This season will be crucial in his development. He has great physical tools and flourished in a pro-style offense as a freshman. Scouts look at that first year. Extremely durable as well. Was hit non-stop last year and never missed a game.

If we're picking first, I highly doubt Gruden will be coaching our next QB...

Fair point. 

Theres an outside chance if Griffin completely falls apart, a case could be made that Gruden deserves a year with his own QB though. 

Lets hope not. 

It's Prisco. That is all you need to know. :)

Exactly.

1. I think power rankings in general are a waste of time.

2. Anything written by Prisco is utter garbage.

It's Prisco. That is all you need to know. :)

Exactly.

1. I think power rankings in general are a waste of time.

2. Anything written by Prisco is utter garbage.

I think they've got us rated a tad high, personally

We won't be #32 at the end of the year, I got $10k cash on that right now for anyone, all day long, and will accept multiple bets. Cheer up Zoony...we are at the end of the 20 year cycle; the future will surprise you.

This article is pre training camp ****.  They KNOW it will piss off REDSKINS fans, and we are more plentiful than many realize.  I did not click, and happy for that, as that is all he wants.  We'll see when we kick his Eagles ass. He is a big Eagles guy unless mistaken.  He may have a rough year....and still, for eternity, no Lombardi trophies.  Sweet. HTTR

I was all set to be pissed about this, but seriously why. We know we are probably not going to be great this year. I seriously doubt we will be the worst team in football, but someone had to 32. I mean would anyone really feel that much better if during a preseason opinion by some eagles loser put us at 27? 28? 25? (I am assuming Riggo'sRangers is right, so it's on him if not... :-)

Who cares. Let's play the games. The rest will sort itself out one way or the other...

Who cares. Let's play the games. The rest will sort itself out one way or the other...

No, you don't understand. Nothing good is going to happen when we're actually playing football. It's always been that way. But dammit, we used to be offseason champs every year. Now look at us!!!! 32 out of 32 and the games haven't even started yet. Our last shred of dignity. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I've always hated predicting anything myself and could never muster up any amount of caring for these type of articles or rankings... but I'll say this, I'm 100% convinced we're going to be a more physical, fundamentally sound team this season. Now, I have no idea if that's going to get us more wins or not, though I do assume it will.

But I'm thinking we're going to see a lot more games like the Texans one last season or most of the games under Gibbs 2.0... where we lose more often than not but it's tight. And if we're fortunate, getting solid QB play, and our coaching is top notch we maybe get a nice run at the end of the season. Would be shweet.

This is all TC/Preseason dependent and subject to change, lol.    

I think the entire nfceast is in the 7-9 win bracket .

I think the cowboys are the class of the division ... I think we are the team with the most to prove and the giants just edge out the eagles with the most questions ...

32nd ..... Well it is bob material at least . People have to learn teams are more than the HC and the QB ...

I think the entire nfceast is in the 7-9 win bracket .

I think the cowboys are the class of the division ... I think we are the team with the most to prove and the giants just edge out the eagles with the most questions ...

32nd ..... Well it is bb material at least . People have to learn teams are more than the HC and the QB ...

Archived