Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsline Power Rankings... your washington redskins 32nd of 32 teams

mcsluggo

32nd?  C'mon man, what the hell.  I just want to know who he thinks those 31 other teams are??

I mean if we're that bad maybe we will get the #1 pick.

Sent packin' for Hacken?

Or how about Slackin' for Hacken?

Crash and Burn for Hackenberg /endtitlecontest

The Crash of (for?)the Hackenburg.

We're sucky nerds for Hackenberg.

Laying turds for Hackenberg?

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.  We haven't even started the season and we have to read these?

At least get it right, some of you were close...

Hindenburg for Hackenberg.   :lol:

According to the great Prisco, we have regressed to being a 2-14 team by the defensive additions and the draft.  Of course he also thinks the Ravens are the 5th best team, the panthers are 12th, and somehow better than the Vikings who now have AP, and the absolutely stacked Bears coaching staff.

I don't really know why everyone trips out over these power rankings that come out every year.  We've sucked for a long time (save for some seasons like 2005, 2007 & 2012).  We've long since earned our crappy reputation, so it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point why writers and fans have us polled so low.  Until we can consistently prove that we aren't anything more than a bottom feeding franchise, we'll never get the benefit of the doubt.  The good news though, is that with Scott McCloughan's arrival, maybe we can gain some consistency & competency finally.  Hopefully within the next couple of seasons, we can be known more for building a foundation, and gaining steps towards being a competitive, competent franchise, and not a laughing stock.  We have a lot of work to do in that regard.

He has to rank somebody last. I don't see why we're so outraged that it would be us.

Because our body of work last year and our offseason work this year suggest that we will not be the worst team. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone besides Prisco has us 32nd. It's not like we're coming off a 1-15 season and had a terrible draft. That is not the case.

You know, I'd have no problem with him ranking us anywhere from 25-30th. I would 100% agree with him. He did not give a reasonable reason for us being ranked 32nd. It's pretty much his schtick with us. 

I don't know what it is, but your posts lately suggest you are loving us being the worst team in the league. It's like your getting a kick out of any negativity surrounding the team. You sound like you are in a "told you so" mood. As a franchise and fanbase, we really need to get away from the air of negativity. I'm tired of doom and gloom. I want to be a happy sports fan, not a Browns fan.

You all are ridiculous.  Hackenberg is a great QB.  Go look at his true freshman tape, when he was playing as a true freshman for Bill O'Brien.  He was incredibly good as an 18 year old on the big stage.

Last year, due to a variety of factors, Penn State had one of their worst O-lines in history. Hackenberg had zero time to throw and got mauled every game.  And as someone said, he got up every time and didn't miss a game.  All that did was prepare him to play behind the O-lines we've been trotting out.

Kid has a cannon, and can actually be accurate on all throws.

You all are ridiculous. Hackenberg is a great QB. Go look at his true freshman tape, when he was playing as a true freshman for Bill O'Brien. He was incredibly good as an 18 year old on the big stage.

Last year, due to a variety of factors, Penn State had one of their worst O-lines in history. Hackenberg had zero time to throw and got mauled every game. And as someone said, he got up every time and didn't miss a game. All that did was prepare him to play behind the O-lines we've been trotting out.

Kid has a cannon, and can actually be accurate on all throws.

Does he hate Silas Redd though?

You guys, he isn't doing a deep roster evaluation or grinding tape to come up with these rankings. It's a pretty clear, shallow thought process:

Redskins (as viewed by the generic NFL fan):

Joke name

Joke owner

Joke injury-prone QB we overpaid for

Joke coach living off his brother's name

Joke DC who last coached the defense of the 0-16 Lions

Alcoholic GM brought in by meddling owner who ruins everything

Look at it without details, without facts, as someone on the outside who only follows the Redskins through the national media. This reads like a set-up for a hilariously bad season.

And, let's be honest for a second, despite all the positivity this offseason has deservedly brought...

It could be.

You guys, he isn't doing a deep roster evaluation or grinding tape to come up with these rankings. It's a pretty clear, shallow thought process:

Redskins (as viewed by the generic NFL fan):

Joke name

Joke owner

Joke injury-prone QB we overpaid for

Joke coach living off his brother's name

Joke DC who last coached the defense of the 0-16 Lions

Alcoholic GM brought in by meddling owner who ruins everything

Look at it without details, without facts, as someone on the outside who only follows the Redskins through the national media. This reads like a set-up for a hilariously bad season.

And, let's be honest for a second, despite all the positivity this offseason has deservedly brought...

It could be.

Ugh....excuse me while i go get a glass of water........

Then blow my brains out.

**** you man....**** you very much (with all due respect)

I've been looking at the QBs coming out in next year's draft.  I'm just not that high on Conner Cook or Christen Hackenburg. Both are sub 60% passers.  Hack was sub 60 even under Bill. Both QBs have either improved very little from their first year starting or regressed.

Two of the guys that I'd love us to get if we go in that direction is Kody Kessler (yeah, I know, I know USC QBs usually bomb) who has improved on his positive stats (TDs, Yards, Completion Percentage) every year while also improving on his negative stats (INTs have gone down every year).  The other is Kevin Hogan at Stanford. Three year starter, kind of the mold of Andrew Luck.  Both of these guys are 61% or better in their careers.

haha. No way we are the worst team in the league. Pretty bad probably, but not the worst. The bucs still have that honor.

That being said, I'd be fine for tanking, and taking the best QB in the country next year, if RG3 doesn't show significant improvement. I'm sure Scott wouldn't mind drafting his QB.

Wat?  Ha -- are you high?  Um,..you do remember the Bucs (apparently the worst team in football) beat the Skins ass last season? 

No one knows who the worst team in football is at this point in time -- the season hasn't even begun, but I don't see the Skins sniffing more than 5-6 wins.  I don't see the team tanking for a high draft pick though -- they'll be more competitive this year.  I'm not expecting much in terms of wins (I don't think anyone should) but we need to see effort, a will to win, and an attitude this year. 

I've been looking at the QBs coming out in next year's draft. I'm just not that high on Conner Cook or Christen Hackenburg. Both are sub 60% passers. Hack was sub 60 even under Bill. Both QBs have either improved very little from their first year starting or regressed.

Two of the guys that I'd love us to get if we go in that direction is Kody Kessler (yeah, I know, I know USC QBs usually bomb) who has improved on his positive stats (TDs, Yards, Completion Percentage) every year while also improving on his negative stats (INTs have gone down every year). The other is Kevin Hogan at Stanford. Three year starter, kind of the mold of Andrew Luck. Both of these guys are 61% or better in their careers.

Jacoby Brissett is my favorite in the upcoming class.

lol this is no different from most of the pages on facebook constantly posting things about the redskins to make them look bad just because the pages have a political bias or issue with the owner. no chance we are the worst team in the league. lol jaguars? titans? raiders?

Archived