Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-16 Washington Capitals Thread: The More Skillful, Less Gritty Edition

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I am very happy the Pens lost again, but now we are one Tampa win from them going to back to back SCF and this time without their number 1 goalie and their number 1 goal scorer. That really does suck as a Caps fan.

I have no issue with Trotz yet either. My point still stands. Ted cares about ticket sales. A cup would be a bonus. He won't do anything outside of being as safe as possible to ensure we get to the playoffs

You can't blame Ted for hiring a non-SC winning coach and then say you have no problem with Trotz. You clearly do have a problem with Trotz - he hasn't won a cup.

You know what Joel Quennville was before he won a cup with Chicago? He was a coach who had never made it past a conference final. Was he a bad hire by Chicago?

Who keeps saying "choke"? I don't think anyone is saying that. All we're saying is, they lost to a lesser team and screwed the pooch again. Some of us are still pissed about squandering a great season in the same fashion they usually do.

I've been a fan since 1981.

Explain how we lost to a lesser team? Because they had fewer points? They were the better team the last 2 months and the playoffs. PERIOD. 

Explain how we lost to a lesser team? Because they had fewer points? They were the better team the last 2 months and the playoffs. PERIOD. 

Your definition of a lesser team seems to differ from mine.  I don't know how others in here view it, but I don't just take the last 2 months and form my opinion on a team.  I take into account the whole season.  We had more wins, points, goals, goals against, ROW, a Vezina Trophy candidate (hopefully winner), Rocket Richard winner, etc., etc.  Pittsburgh got hot at the right time and unfortunately we did not.  Doesn't make them the better team in my eyes.  Did they deserve it?  Sure, they beat us.  PERIOD.  But I refuse to say they were the better team. 

The 1978-79 Washington Bullets won the NBA title with a 44-38 record.  Were the they the better team that season?  No.  Did they deserve to win the title?  Yes.  They got hot at the right time and beat who they needed to beat.  Same with the Redskins 1987-88 team and a whole host of other teams that won the championship when they weren't the best team during the season.

All fresh, raw, and still glistening with sweat.

No.

You do

Strong maybe.

How many are in that bag?

Also, I vaguely remember a discussion like this for Superbowls.

If I recall correctly, the stakes there were like, a toe.  And not even the big one at that.

This seems like a raw deal by comparison.

both Brouwer and Ward baseball swatting goals outta mid air like Gretzky playing in the Conference Finals.

My only solace will be if PIT loses this round but even then, I hate Tampa from years back even though they don't resemble the same team (in personnel and appearance) , still don't want to see them in another Cup appearance either...

Archived