Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-16 Washington Capitals Thread: The More Skillful, Less Gritty Edition

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Why do you torture yourselves? I've watched "zero" minutes of hockey since our loss. It just doesn't matter at this point.

I only watched a few minutes tonight and bits and pieces of Sharks-Blues

It really is an illogical beyond all belief sport.

From what I've been reading, Vrana has been tearing it up in the AHL playoffs. Impressive for a 19 year old. He may get some time next year in DC.

I think GM said he and Bowey would get "games" next year.

It sounds like they're a year out from being a fixture though, and probably 2 years out from being anywhere but 3rd/4th line for Vrana and 3rd pairing for Bowey.

Still, that could be good, if Bura can't fully take that next step, Vrana could push/supplant him right when he might become too costly to keep.

So I picked up NHL 16 (withdrawal set in, and that combined with Be a GM mode, made it truly impossible to resist).  I don't normally do stuff online, so getting updated rosters is a bit of a pain, and some of the players aren't even within the EA license to get, so was disappointed with all the missing prospects.

Has anyone played NHL 16 or similar games and made the missing prospects?

I will note that if you haven't played NHL 16 and/or are not familiar with HF's rating system, this will look like complete gibberish.

The guys I was going to add were Samsonov, Vrana, Barber, Vanacek, and Djoos.

Using HF's ratings on them, I was going to make them:

Samsonov - Medium, Elite Potential

Vrana - Low, Elite potential

Barber - Medium, Top 6 F potential

Vanacek - Medium, Starter G potential

Djoos - High accuracy, top 6 D potential

I translated HF's numerical ratings like so:

10/9 = Franchise

8 = Elite

7 = Top 6 F/ Top 4 D/ Starter G

6 = Top 9 F/ Top 6 D/ Backup G

5 = Bottom 6 F/ 7th D/ AHL Starter G

With their alphabetical potential ratings like so:

A = Exact

B = High

C = Medium

D = Low

One wrinkle was when a player was a X.5, between two ratings, where I rounded down, but increased accuracy one level (for example, Vanacek is a 7.5D goalie, which I changed to 7C, which translates to Medium Starter.  It works out nicely because accuracy can work both ways in NHL16, but HF's ratings generally are designed to only go down, so it lowers his ceiling a bit).

Anyways, does that sound like a good way to adds the missing prospects, and do the ratings/potential I gave the guys in the game above make sense?

Why did they let Joel Ward go? Again, I don't know much about the sport so go easy on me here.

Only so much salary to spread around. Eric Fehr and Joel Ward were both cap casualties. Justin Williams was supposed to replace Ward's playoff performance, especially with his game seven prowess, but of course we didn't have any games sevens this time around :/

I really hope..for the sanity of being a Caps fan first, Sharks fan 2nd, and all around ****sburgh hater that the Sharks will play like something other than just happy to be here, tonight.

The idea that Crosby will win another Cup is nauseating. Especially because he has done absolutely nothing this series.

Take this to 7, San Jose.

Archived