Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-16 Washington Capitals Thread: The More Skillful, Less Gritty Edition

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Our next 2 second rounders it looks like

Mojo is expendable now and he can hit the curb for all i care

Yep... and that opens up the money for another move.

Hopefully Edmonton is in the mood to ship someone...

Ted Starkey @TedStarkey 28s29 seconds ago Buffalo, NY

Eller was traded to Montreal for Capitals legend Jaroslav Halak.

1 retweet 1 like

Ted's in mid-season form already

Decent player, nice grab.  Definitely will fit nicely in MoJo's spot.

Are we allergic to 2nd round picks or something though?  Next time we have one is 2019.

Ovechkin will be 34 years old in 2019.

See where this is going?

I know, it's just funny how we throw them out like they're printing them and inflation is making them useless.

We hit on almost all of our 1st rounders.

Off the top of my head Wilson and Schultz were the only question marks in the last 10 years or so.

Been on the twitters with Katie Brown and she says we probably re-sign MoJo.  I think this is his last year as an RFA.

That'll make it very interesting for Vrana this preseason.  Really want to see the kid in red but I don't want him up here if he's just going to be down on the 3rd line or 4th line.

I don't want us to "Tom Wilson" the kid.  So if you call him up, he needs to be a top 6 rotation at a minimum.  You can switch him between the 2nd and 3rd lines, but not the 4th.

I don't think his 2 way play is good enough for the bottom 6 anyway.

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps 3m3 minutes ago

For those wondering, #Caps believe they'll be able to have Eller, Johansson, Wilson and Orlov under $73 mil cap without making another deal.

And essentially the Caps will have the same exact team as last year save for a bottom six player or two?

So what are we looking at?

9-92-77

90-19-65

49-81-14

26-83-43

That is a solid, fast first 3 lines. Rugged 4th line that can shut down top lines.

3rd line C. Bumps Beagle down to 4C.

Did Ovechkin switch numbers?

Home opener on Saturday, October 15 vs Isles. Season opener is Thursday, October 13 @Pens. We get to watch them raise their banner. FUEL.

We got to watch the Blackhawks raise it a couple of years ago.

I think we barely made the playoffs that year.

So what are we looking at?

9-92-77

90-19-65

49-81-14

26-83-43

That is a solid, fast first 3 lines. Rugged 4th line that can shut down top lines.

3rd line C. Bumps Beagle down to 4C.

And essentially the Caps will have the same exact team as last year save for a bottom six player or two?

I don't think Galiev makes the team this year.  If he does he is a rotation player.

I think we'll have one more addition via trade and I think Vrana is going to get a shot.  He murdered in the AHL playoffs this year and the regular season.

Meant to post this last night, but was at a bar, then got sleepy, yadda yadda.

I like the Johansen pick. 2 way D who makes sound decisions with the puck is good. If Orlov can develop a bit more, and this kid grows well, we'd have a really solid pair of 2 way defenders.

LOL well why would you believe it otherwise.  I have watched the Caps for over 40 years.  Of course you don't believe it until you see it.

I always thought that was you in your avi :lol:

But I think we need to add another third line vet.  I don't hate Lucic but I'm hoping for someone else.

Meant to post this last night, but was at a bar, then got sleepy, yadda yadda.

I like the Johansen pick. 2 way D who makes sound decisions with the puck is good. If Orlov can develop a bit more, and this kid grows well, we'd have a really solid pair of 2 way defenders.

Well, the best young 2 way defender in the org is in Hershey and he likely gets some shine this year, too.

It's Madison Bowey.

Though we may wait a year.  I've read from multiple folks that Brooks Orpik would likely end up in Las Vegas during an expansion draft, or the like.  That would open up room for Bowey.  But I think Bowey is better than Orlov at this point... it all depends on how much seasoning they want on him.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Well, we aren't doing things differently under BM... we're clearly in must win now mode.  There will be another move within the next couple of weeks.  Only question is who and what for?

Would you guys let Wilson and MoJo walk in order to sign Andrew Shaw?

Oh and I'd take Loui Erickson from the Bruins in a second. 

That would make the 3rd line:

Ericksen - Eller - Williams

If that doesn't win you a Cup with our top lines and defense/goalie then nothing will.

Archived