Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

On 11/5/2016 at 6:56 PM, thesubmittedone said:

From Hap in BRBN: 

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/two-bengals-fined-shawn-williams-jamison-crowder-dre-kirkpatrick-penalties-vs-redskins

TWO BENGALS FINED MORE THAN $50,000 COMBINED FOR PENALTIES VS. REDSKINS

The bolded above (emphasis mine) is what really pisses me off about the game. I don't usually come on here and complain about the refs, but this one was just ridiculous. Like I said a few posts above, I believe the refs often allow their perceptions of teams/players to color their calls, which causes them to sometimes lose the objectivity necessary for their profession. 

I understand that, however, as just simply human behavior, not a conspiracy against us or any particular team.

What I'm so pissed off about after this game was that the refs had EVERY REASON to perceive the Bengals as a dirty team... yet they managed to get away with so much extra-curricular crap. Often RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REFS.

How did that happen?  

I don't even care about these fines because it still doesn't give us a W  Looking at the rankings right now, while we are currently at the last wild card spot and in the thick of things still, 5-3 is just so much better than 4-3-1.

• Like 2

One thing I think that goes against us is we have as a team a reputation for having players of reputation (names) on the squad (so to speak) - And we also have a tendancy for those players to draw attention to themselves for things off the field - So yes you can see that refs might go in with preconceived opinions... And then you get players with reputations - Merriwether for example got a flag, fine and suspension for sneezing at  a receiver... Mark Carriers carrier was ended because he drew penalties every time he stepped on the field ... DeAngelo Hall got ejected from a game because the referee did not like him becvause of comments he had made previously ... the list goes on

But it is not an over arching conspiracy it is a shockingly consistent level of ineptitude ... but one thing that is still surprising is we still do not have full time refs . Also i think in the game the referees should be named in the pregame announcements . How can we expect these guys to approach the game with a level of professionalism - if they are hobbyist officials - calling games in their spare time . 

• Like 1

Sunday's Washington Post on the Trent Williams suspension...looks like the NFLPA is messing with us.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/11/05/no-recourse-for-trent-williams-despite-dispute-over-infractions-sources-say/

A dispute regarding the way in which the NFL Substance Abuse Policy was applied in the case of Trent Williams has led to a conflict between the Pro Bowl left tackle and the NFL Players Association, according to multiple sources, while angering members of the Washington Redskins’ front office.

And though the irregularity played a role in the sequence of events that led to Williams being suspended four games without pay for multiple infractions over the last year, Williams apparently has no legal recourse for getting the suspension waived or put on hold while the dispute is sorted out. Williams contemplated legal action, according to sources with knowledge of the matter, but it appears too late to seek an injunction that would halt the suspension.

Neither Williams nor his agent responded to multiple requests for comment. The Redskins have also declined to comment after issuing a brief statement confirming Williams’ suspension on Tuesday afternoon. People familiar with the situation said that Redskins officials supported Williams’ stance that the players union had erred in the handling of the situation. The NFLPA declined to comment through a spokesman, citing the confidentiality of the drug program that cannot be violated without the player’s consent.

The dispute doesn’t stem from any contention from Williams’s side that his number infractions don’t justify the penalty he currently faces under the collectively bargained program. Instead, it’s based on an objection to a procedural issue that Williams’s side and the Redskins argue left him unaware of where he stood in the escalation of penalties, without proper notice that he was one violation away from a suspension.

(more at the link)

• Like 1

So, this week Pete Carroll complains that the refs have cost the Seahwaks games.

Tonight, they get away with several penalties, most surely the roughing the kicker by Sherman at the end of the first half and then the more egregious illegal contact on a receiver past the 5 yard area on the last Bills offensive play.  Sherman knocks down the receiver in the end-zone, while Taylor has the ball in his hand, and the ref is literally 3 yards away, looking right at them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, btfoom said:

Sherman knocks down the receiver in the end-zone, while Taylor has the ball in his hand, and the ref is literally 3 yards away, looking right at them

That wasn't a foul since Taylor was out of the pocket.

I'll give Seattle credit, they play right to the edge of the rules (and past them alot) but they are well coached on technique. 

• 2 weeks later...

Redskins' Gruden not happy with schedule-makers for extra-short week

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/28546/redskins-coach-jay-gruden-schedule-makers-did-us-no-favors

"We've already done a lot of work on them," Gruden said. "That's a good thing. But we're talking about possibly playing a 9-1 team that we'll get about 10 hours to work on."

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1159552?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by Reaper Skins

16 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

"We've already done a lot of work on them," Gruden said. "That's a good thing. But we're talking about possibly playing a 9-1 team that we'll get about 10 hours to work on."

Totally ! Totally agree here! Is it not the case that the better you are The hardest teams you play? Make it more competitive and everything is at a disadvantage to you correct?? So on and so forth?

then why this never happens to the patriots and I hear this all the time by Giants fans?? And then bam! The skins got a Sunday nite game then Thursday? We were one and done in the playoffs. I feel for the players. There bodies are gonna be hurting. Huge huge advantage for the cowboys. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/28546/redskins-coach-jay-gruden-schedule-makers-did-us-no-favors

All the other teams playing Thanksgiving Day have a Sunday 1pm start time.

The Redskins are the only team playing Thanksgiving Day with a VERY late game. :taz:

On 10/2/2016 at 6:27 PM, Reaper Skins said:

Redskins corner Josh Norman again had to undergo a random drug test for a second consecutive home game, and for the 3rd time in 4 games.  He underwent one two weeks ago after Dallas, drawing his ire – it happened after a loss, too. Today, he still wasn't happy about it but he was in a far better mood thanks to a 31-20 win over Cleveland. "All the ballers get drug-tested I guess," Norman said. (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2djdOpU

As mentioned on the post game coverage, Norman got tested AGAIN after the Packers game.  

By my count that makes 4 "random" tests conducted on him so far this season.  Right before a division rivalry game on Thanksgiving.  This does not seem "random" to me at all.  It seems like Mara and Coughlin hedging the odds in Dallas' favor in order to ensure that the Giants remain in 2nd place and secure a playoff berth.

• Like 1

Just now, Long n Left said:

And, I'm sure you've researched that. EVERYONE gets a fine for a facemask penalty? Love to see the data.

You need help...

When a penalty is that obvious and blatent...yes they get fined. 

You want to see the data?

Google is your friend

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

Thought it was obvious...the NFL fines everyone who have penalties like what Cravens did. he almost ripped Rodgers head off.

This thread is quite the stretch, to be honest. I am always curious to read our fans' theories on how 31 other owners are conspiring against us, but it concerns me that some believe it. 

One of the funniest things I've read is how the Giants (who are even more of a challenge to the Cowboys right now and would GREATLY benefit from us winning in Dallas) would be trying to give the Cowboys the advantage tomorrow. Somehow, our 6-win Redskins are more of a threat to New York than the 9-win Cowboys. 

None of these things are a conspiracy. Cravens was fined for the Rodgers face mask in the EXACT SAME AMOUNT as the Cincy player who committed a similar penalty against Crowder. How is that anything resembling a conspiracy? 

• Like 1