Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

My immediate thought was the deputy probably bats lefty but wasn’t ready to admit it... 

If there ends up being any truth to your initial thought, I won't be surprised.

You don't shoot someone 10 times unless you abso-****ing-lutely want that person dead (shocked that he is still alive right now). There is more going on here than race and/or posing a threat--in fact, wouldn't surprise me if race ends up playing no direct role in what occurred.

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If there ends up being any truth to your initial thought, I won't be surprised.

You don't shoot someone 10 times unless you abso-****ing-lutely want that person dead (shocked that he is still alive right now). There is more going on here than race and/or posing a threat--in fact, wouldn't surprise me if race ends up playing no direct role in what occurred.

Yep, and that was part of my thinking - I can’t see a cop giving a random person of color a ride home if they’re racist (racist enough to shoot them 10 times due to their skin color I mean).  I’m curious what the 911 call was for - odd that it wasn’t mentioned - sounds like both siblings were home?

10 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yep, and that was part of my thinking - I can’t see a cop giving a random person of color a ride home if they’re racist (racist enough to shoot them 10 times due to their skin color I mean).  I’m curious what the 911 call was for - odd that it wasn’t mentioned - sounds like both siblings were home?

Yeah, there are a LOT of questions in this one. So many that the initial BLM thought process that tends to occur in my head never materialized. Instead it was less BLM and more WTF.

• Like 1

Handcuffed Woman Punched in Face by Police Officer During Arrest, Fellow Officers Intervene

A Southern California police officer has been placed on paid administrative leave after striking a woman twice in the face while she was handcuffed during an arrest caught on video.

The cell phone video was captured on Locust Street Wednesday afternoon in the northern Orange County community of Westminster. The witness who recorded it said the woman, later identified as 34-year-old Ciomara Garcia, was already handcuffed.

"That's what people don't get, she was handcuffed," said Sandy Armenta. "Everyone knows her from the neighborhood."

Westminster police responded to the scene following a report that Garcia had allegedly assaulted another woman who was trying to rescue a dog running in the street. The police department said Garcia was handcuffed and showed signs of being under the influence.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

Former Atlanta police officer who shot dead Rayshard Brooks seeks reinstatement and claims his rights were 'grossly violated' when he was fired the day after the killing

The Atlanta police officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks in June attempted on Thursday to be reinstated by the force, despite facing murder charges for the killing.

Garrett Rolfe, a six-year veteran of the force, was fired on June 13, the day after Brooks' death. 

Rolfe and his colleague, Officer Devin Brosnan, were called to a Wendy's by customers who said a man was asleep at the wheel, blocking the drive-through.

Brooks spoke to the officers for over half an hour and was cooperative, but failed a sobriety test.

When the officers attempted to arrest him, Brooks snatched a Taser and ran away, turning to face the pursuing officers and fire in their direction. Rolfe then shot him dead.

Lance LoRusso, Rolfe's attorney, said on Thursday at a hearing of the Atlanta Civil Service Board that he was dismissed without following correct procedures, and his client's rights were 'grossly violated'.

‘Don’t make me hurt you more’: Video shows officer shove, hit teen with autism

Ring video captured Wednesday afternoon shows a teenage boy with autism being slammed and punched in the face repeatedly by a California police officer. 

“I just want my son to be able to play and interact with people and not be bullied,” said Adam Wolf, whose 17-year-old son, Preston, was detained by Vacaville officers. “I was angry.”

Preston Wolf has autism and ADHD.

“He just loves being outside,” Adam Wolf said. “He loves playing with people and meeting new people, but we feel like now he can’t do that.”

According to Wolf, another boy, who police say is 16 years old, tried to pick a fight with Preston while he was playing at a nearby creek. 

“My son picked up a piece of metal or a metal pole off of the ground to defend himself, and I was told that an older gentleman intervened,” Wolf told KTXL.

Preston then went to play with a close neighbor, unaware that police had been called and were searching for him.

“The police responded to what they were told and this is what they tell me was a report of a stabbing,” his father said. 

Police say the officer found the 16-year-old before finding Preston. Vacaville police did not say whether the 16-year-old had any injuries.

When the officer later found and confronted Preston, things quickly got out of control, as seen on the home surveillance video.

“He confronted Preston, asked Preston to sit down. You can see he sits down. The police came over and threw his scooter and got in his face,” Wolf described. “Preston got scared, and that’s when he got up and the officer felt the need to throw him to the ground, and then straddle him and punch him directly in the face.”

Police say the officer had used “distraction strikes to overcome resistance.”

Audio from the video also captured the officer warning Preston, “You are going to get hurt. Don’t make me hurt you more.”

• Sad 2

‘No One to Blame But Himself’: South Carolina Judge Doesn’t Mince Words In Decision to Uphold 20-Year Sentence For Ex-Cop Who Fatally Shot Walter Scott

A judge upheld a 20-year prison sentence on Monday for a former South Carolina police officer convicted in the 2015 shooting death of unarmed Walter Scott.

Federal Judge Richard Gergel rejected former officer Michael Slager’s claim that his attorney, Andy Savage, had offered ineffective counsel while he was on trial for shooting Scott five times in the back after a traffic stop.

Slager, 39, filed an appeal of his 20-year prison sentence earlier this month and brought an appeal to vacate, set aside, or correct the sentence, claiming Savage never told him about a potential plea deal that could have taken years off of his sentence.

“My suggestion is that he was the architect of his own demise, no one else,” Gergel wrote in his April 19 ruling.

“At sentencing, Petitioner attempted to blame the victim. Now, he attempts to blame his defense counsel and the trial judge. But a careful review of this entire tragic episode makes plain that Petitioner has no one to blame for his present predicament and sentence but himself.”

Footage of the April 2015 shooting that took place after a foot chase caused national outrage and contradicted Slager’s account of events.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

10 of their cops protested the city council voting to say the the body cam should be released.  They took paid leave and three resigned. Good riddance.  

Wonder why they didn't want it released.  Without the body cam, the narrative is simply that the suspect was unarmed.  The video changes that to "well, we had something in his hand".  

Not saying that shooting him was remotely close to justified.  Just saying I think the video changes the mental image in my head from "empty hands" to "something in his hands, but wasn't a gun".  

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

10 of their cops protested the city council voting to say the the body cam should be released.  They took paid leave and three resigned. Good riddance.  

Unfortunately, I think your information here is about the shooting of an unarmed man, Andrew Brown JR, in Elizabeth City, NC and not the shooting of an unarmed man in Spotslyvania Co, VA.  Too many police shootings to keep track of.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

My brother and I were talking about this yesterday, cops feeling "persecuted" and resigning. You're resigning because you can't assault and murder people? Bye, Felicia!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well that's pretty ****ing stupid (works as a reply for the last two posts honestly) 

Yeah, if the climate were different, maybe that proposal works....but man, that just doesn't feel right.  How does the soon to be wife feel about re-telling that one?  He proposed to me by making me think he was going to get shot?

Hypocrisy 101 from Senator Risk Scott of FL!  POS!

I will say I wish Maxine Waters had just kept quiet. She opened up a possible situation that if that verdict had gone the other way she could be held responsible for any violence. You can't have it both ways - accuse trump then exonerate her. Fortunately the right verdict was found and nothing happened. But I just think we - meaning dems/liberals etc, should be better. But it's pretty rich coming from Scott and all his pandering of trumps antics. 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/congress-needs-come-together-policing-132528349.html

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Hypocrisy 101 from Senator Risk Scott of FL!  POS!

I will say I wish Maxine Waters had just kept quiet. She opened up a possible situation that if that verdict had gone the other way she could be held responsible for any violence. You can't have it both ways - accuse trump then exonerate her. Fortunately the right verdict was found and nothing happened. But I just think we - meaning dems/liberals etc, should be better. But it's pretty rich coming from Scott and all his pandering of trumps antics. 

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/congress-needs-come-together-policing-132528349.html

While I do agree that there's a problem with inspiring violence in  order to achieve a goal, I do need to point out that there's an important difference between the two things being "both sidered" here.  

1)  Trump didn't win the election.  

2)  Chauvin was guilty.  

There is a difference between encouraging people to protest against injustice, and against justice.  

But yes, there are parallels.  

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

While I do agree that there's a problem with inspiring violence in  order to achieve a goal, I do need to point out that there's an important difference between the two things being "both sidered" here.  

1)  Trump didn't win the election.  

2)  Chauvin was guilty.  

There is a difference between encouraging people to protest against injustice, and against justice.  

But yes, there are parallels.  

You missed an important part - I said IF they had come back with not-guilty. At that point it does not matter if he was or was not. That makes Maxine Waters comments reckless and could have given the right something to hang onto - they tried already. The bottom line facts have never been important to that argument. So just don't do it. Take the opportunity to keep quiet. Then if it comes back the wrong way, then speak out. 

Again, we should be BETTER. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

You missed an important part - I said IF they had come back with not-guilty. At that point it does not matter if he was or was not.

Really?  

If a jury won't convict a cop who is on video killing an unarmed, handcuffed, and laying on the ground, then people aren't justified in protesting that verdict?  

I'm sure glad that, after juries refused to convict Klansmen for murdering people, people kept protesting anyway.  

Note:  I'm not defending Maxine Waters.  (I'll admit, I don't even know what she supposedly said.  And as a general matter my opinion of her isn't much different from Trump's.)  What I'm pointing out is that encouraging protests against injustice, and encouraging protests against justice, aren't equal.  

When I'm deciding whether to condemn a protest, then it is perfectly legitimate to factor the cause into the judgement.