Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

what i ultimately took away from that whole fiasco was how utterly unprofessional and personally embarrassing Reid was. 

Reid is also the only reporter I know of that got into a Twitter war with an active player on the team he was covering. Wasn't there also another incident with Reid at Redskins Park in the locker room or media room last year?

When you take all of that into account I can't blame the team for wanting to kill that show, if that is how it went down. Reid had gone beyond critical to outright disruptive. 

If Snyder wanted to control the message on 980 why didn't he clean house when he bought the station? Get rid of guys like Andy Pollin right away. Pollin killed the team every chance he got. Mitchell kills the team, Czaban kills the team. It is not like 980 has Larry Michael types on 24/7. 

Already did! And my wife is on board with the octagon one!!

We're probably one of the few houses in the area,(no really),that doesn't have at least 1 shed in the back yard. We both have liked this design right here. 

handyman-house.jpg

I'll modify it a bit,but should be a pretty basic build. :) 

Cool. Should be fun. :) The one I showed above is only 8x16. I'll change the dimensions a bit to help meet with the city codes on distance away from property lines,(No HOA's here thank goodness). It might be a bit before I build it,but that's the general idea. For now. ;)

• Like 1

Report: Fake ESPN President Tried To Get D.C. Radio Show Cancelled

Kevin Draper, Deadspin

Last week, we reported on how former Washington Post columnist Jason Reid's new radio show The Man Cave, which was supposed to debut last Monday on Dan Snyder-owned and ESPN-affiliated WTEM, didn't. WTEM stuck to the syndicated Mike and Mike show, and there were indications that The Man Cave was killed because Snyder, who is the worst, had found out that he was now employing Reid, a longtime critic.

According to a new report from the Washington Post, though, The Man Cave will in fact hit the air next Monday—two weeks after its originally scheduled debut. The report doesn't get to the bottom of the reason for the delay, but does include an incredibly bizarre story about somebody imitating the voice of ESPN president John Skipper and repeatedly calling WTEM, attempting to get the show cancelled: 

The oddest of these events were two phone calls received by the station in the days leading up to "The Man Cave's" planned debut by a man representing himself as Skipper. In one of the calls, the imposter threatened legal trouble for the station and possible financial penalties if it bumped "Mike and Mike" for "The Man Cave," according to three people with knowledge of the calls.

While it seemed odd that someone as high-profile as Skipper would meddle with programming at a local affiliate, the imposter was apparently convincing to [Red Zebra Broadcasting chief executive Rick] Carmean, who took the calls. In addition to mimicking Skipper's accent (Skipper is a native of North Carolina), the caller also knew details about the station's inner workings and called from a number with an 860 area code — in Connecticut, where ESPN is headquartered.

The gambit was only discovered when the Washington football team's president, Bruce Allen, called Skipper after hearing he was upset, which led to the confused Skipper having some ESPN employees look into the matter.

http://deadspin.com/report-fake-espn-president-tried-to-get-d-c-radio-sho-1693470477

Edited by Dan T.

Well, people will be interested after this craziness. Something seems a bit odd with this whole story.

It wasn't a bad PR stunt to drum up interest (if that's what it was).  Now, can Reid take advantage of it. My sense is this show will be just one of many and nothing that breaks out.

If Bruce Allen is calling John Skipper for instructions does that make him Gilligan? Might explain a lot.

McCloughin would be the Professor and Snyder Mr. Howell.  Gruden might be another Gilligan candidate come to think of it. RGIII is Mary Ann wanting to be Ginger. The O-line is Mrs. Howell (Lovey).

The defense are the head hunting natives.

Edited by Burgold

I think the show was delayed due to something in the process of bumping Mike & Mike. Not that it couldn't happen. But that Chuck S. and his team F'd up the process and ESPN did get pissed. No proof to that. But it would make sense.

I still think people listen for a few weeks and then lose interest. It could be gone by fall.

• Like 1

I think the show was delayed due to something in the process of bumping Mike & Mike. Not that it couldn't happen. But that Chuck S. and his team F'd up the process and ESPN did get pissed. No proof to that. But it would make sense.

I still think people listen for a few weeks and then lose interest. It could be gone by fall.

Agree with this totally

The Mike and Mike issue is what raised my eye brows initially. I also think the show will suck as J Reid just doesn't have the personality for radio 

I'm pretty sure the gimmick will be Chris Paul the homer vs. Jason Reid the a-hole.  Yin and yang.  I've read they are trying to appeal to the african american demographic and I just have a hard time believing that Jason Reid is the right guy to do that.  It might make it thru the 2015 season simply due to not having another alternative to talk at length about the Redskins in the morning.