Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

As I sat in my car tonight waiting for go into something around 7pm, I left on 980 and listened to the 1st 5 min of Chris Russell's trainwrack show. Mixed metaphors, mumbling incomplete and incoherent nonsense is unacceptable. 

Maybe with Chuck S. gone from 980, emailing management@espn980.com and letting them know their Redskins "Insider" is not getting it done in any way on air.

We can just not listen to the Man Cave. But when Russell is the guy on the The Fix or Czabe/Cooley. That kills it for me.

• Like 1

I can't stand the way Russell gives his news reports. Not only does he rarely have valuable information, his tone of voice is like all the listeners are 5 years old.

That's my point. Not only is his delivery poor. The information he gives isn't great either. They ask for his opinion on something and he predicts Nick Williams makes the team. Or there is no way they sign D. Jax. 

I wonder if we could get 50 ESers to email management@espn980.com just to say "Please give us somebody better"

• Like 1

I wonder if we could get 50 ESers to email management@espn980.com just to say "Please give us somebody better"

Heck, we could elect someone from ES and it'd be better.  I've put three ESers on the radio back when I was on the air and they all did a stand up job. Bang would probably get my top vote. He can be funny, doesn't mind being opinionated, and he knows how to stand up to hate.

Edit: and if one of you do get the gig... you better bring me in as a producer... at the least!

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 2

Heck, we could elect someone from ES and it'd be better.  I've put three ESers on the radio back when I was on the air and they all did a stand up job. Bang would probably get my top vote. He can be funny, doesn't mind being opinionated, and he knows how to stand up to hate.

Edit: and if one of you do get the gig... you better bring me in as a producer... at the least!

Could you imagine a radio version of the RTT? That would be something lol

• Like 1

What if someone from 106.7 impersonated Skipper to sabotage the competition? The Junkies jumped on the story immediately and ran with it. The Man Cave is their direct competition for ratings.

My first thought when I read about this is the impersonator is Danny Rouhier.

Turned on 92.7 FM this morning and this was on. Listened for 2 minutes and had to turn it off. It was turrible. Looks like my data usage on my iPhone just went up because I will be streaming something else.

I made it ten minutes.

Right up til the black James Bond discussion.

They got Andy Pollin doing the news. Wow. He made a comment like "I'm watching a lot of TV because I may be unemployed soon...." I LOL'd.

They need to cut the comedian judge segment asap!

My commute is ten minutes. I couldn't last even that long listening.

It can only get better, but I wouldn't give it the chance if I was running the station.

Why would anyone advertise on that show?

Edited by Corcaigh

Even the promos are bad for this show.

"...and I'm Jason Reid"

Just sounds corny as can be.  Chris Paul is great at making Skins remixes but I'm unsure of his ability to carry a morning radio show with the literal anchor that is Jason Reid.  All the Redskins heckling aside, there is just nothing likeable about Jason Reid.

• Like 1

No. Chris Paul is a DC radio legend. Unfortunately, he is paired with the wrong person, and probably shouldn't be on 980, running the show

Yeah, I found it weird that Paul is assigned the role of managing the show. He's better off in Reid's role, while Reid barely says anything in that current role...and when he does speak, it's rarely anything positive unless it's about himself.