Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

12 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

A+ pun work. I'm impressed.

I have a new bucket list, save for Rockland's. I was never a fan of Rockland's. Money Muscle is so good. My wife hates NC Style pulled pork. She's from South Carolina and acts like a toddler who doesn't want to eat their lima beans when it's even mentioned. She loved their NC Style pulled pork.

• Like 2

I used to work in Silver Spring for several years up until the mid 2000's.  Went to see my stepdaughter at MD day in College Park the weekend before last, traffic on 495 coming back was awful so we stopped off Georgia Avenue in SS to grab something to eat.  Hadn't been to the area in so long, settled on Downtown Silver Spring and went to Matchbox.  Wish I would have known about Money Muscle, looks incredible.  Guess that will be the stop next time.

I’ve been cooking on a small charcoal grill the past 2 years. It was a small Weber that I paid $25 dollars for 20 years ago for camping. Haven’t been able to cook much on the grill, so I’ve been looking for the past year for a grill. I refused to spend $600 on these crap aluminum grills that are going to turn to rust and fall apart in 5 years.

I was thinking about a Kamado. I went to Costco the other day and the Kamado Joe Classic II for $999. The cheapest I’ve seen them $1299. So, I went back and forth on it and my wife convinced me to buy it. I’m glad I did. 

I just finished my first cook on it. Just an easy wing recipe, but they were delicious. I think they were the best wings I’ve made, but they still need room for improvement.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve been cooking on a small charcoal grill the past 2 years. It was a small Weber that I paid $25 dollars for 20 years ago for camping. Haven’t been able to cook much on the grill, so I’ve been looking for the past year for a grill. I refused to spend $600 on these crap aluminum grills that are going to turn to rust and fall apart in 5 years.

I was thinking about a Kamado. I went to Costco the other day and the Kamado Joe Classic II for $999. The cheapest I’ve seen them $1299. So, I went back and forth on it and my wife convinced me to buy it. I’m glad I did. 

I just finished my first cook on it. Just an easy wing recipe, but they were delicious. I think they were the best wings I’ve made, but they still need room for improvement.

image.jpeg

Nice!!!

You are correct..grills these days aren't as well made, even the newer Weber grills are inferior to the older models. 

Even though I have a stable of kettles, including gassers, a kamado-style grill is definitely in my future.

My sister has a Kamado Joe and loves it.  In addition to good quality, she says their customer service is top-notch.

You'll love it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Nice!!!

You are correct..grills these days aren't as well made, even the newer Weber grills are inferior to the older models. 

Even though I have a stable of kettles, including gassers, a kamado-style grill is definitely in my future.

My sister has a Kamado Joe and loves it.  In addition to good quality, she says their customer service is top-notch.

You'll love it.

Yeah, that's why the Costco price was so hard to pass on. $300 off but $300-$400 more expensive than the aluminum ones. But, the warranty is fantastic. It's a limited lifetime warranty on the ceramic and metal. 2-5 years for everything else. I did a bit of research and people were talking about buying newer ones and handing down their Kamado Joe's to their kids. They've only been around since 2009, but they seem to have a fantastic track record.

My last large grill was a Master Forge from Lowe's. Largest piece of junk ever. I was at Lowe's and they had 1 left. I was looking at grills and the person comes up and asks me if I'm interested. I said sure, then they told me to name my price. They offered me a price initially, I said I would only pay $100 less than that price, and that is what I got it for. They wanted it out. But, it was a $600 grill that I got lucky to get for more than half that price. But, it was totally falling apart after a couple years. It was covered and sat on my porch. Won't be buying anything like that again.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, that's why the Costco price was so hard to pass on. $300 off but $300-$400 more expensive than the aluminum ones. But, the warranty is fantastic. It's a limited lifetime warranty on the ceramic and metal. 2-5 years for everything else. I did a bit of research and people were talking about buying newer ones and handing down their Kamado Joe's to their kids. They've only been around since 2009, but they seem to have a fantastic track record.

My last large grill was a Master Forge from Lowe's. Largest piece of junk ever. I was at Lowe's and they had 1 left. I was looking at grills and the person comes up and asks me if I'm interested. I said sure, then they told me to name my price. They offered me a price initially, I said I would only pay $100 less than that price, and that is what I got it for. They wanted it out. But, it was a $600 grill that I got lucky to get for more than half that price. But, it was totally falling apart after a couple years. It was covered and sat on my porch. Won't be buying anything like that again.

Yup!

My Weber Genesis Silver B is 20 years old and still going strong. Not pictured are a couple portable gassers, and the bullet smoker.

I'm a Weber whore😆

20200412_105949.jpg

FB_IMG_1525976937806.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 11:12 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Yup!

My Weber Genesis Silver B is 20 years old and still going strong. Not pictured are a couple portable gassers, and the bullet smoker.

I'm a Weber whore😆

I gave my son my Genesis 2000 a few years back (it's has to be 30+ years old) . We were at his house last weekend & I noticed it was looking a little ragged. I'm going to get new flavorizer bars & also want to get him Grillgrates for this. Do you use the Grillgrates instead of the Weber grates or on top of the Weber grates? 

1 minute ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I gave my son my Genesis 2000 a few years back (it's has to be 30+ years old) . We were at his house last weekend & I noticed it was looking a little ragged. I'm going to get new flavorizer bars & also want to get him Grillgrates for this. Do you use the Grillgrates instead of the Weber grates or on top of the Weber grates? 

My original Genesis grill grates are collecting dust in the basement. GrillGrates only.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1