Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PSA for anyone who purchased a ham recently. 

Whole Foods, Safeway among retailers that received recalled ham; list now available

The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service has released a list of more than 500 retail locations believed to have received fully cooked ham and pepperoni products that have been recalled by Alexander & Hornung, which is a business unit of Perdue Premium Meat Company Inc. Testing showed contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. 

This list may not include all retail locations that have received the recalled products and may include retail locations that did not actually receive the recalled products, according to the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service.

States with listed retailers as of Dec. 20 include: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin and West Virginia.

The Recall
Last week, the FSIS expanded the recall to more than 2 million pounds, with an expanded list of fully cooked ham and pepperoni products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. A wide variety of products under  many brands are implicated.

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2021/12/whole-foods-safeway-among-retailers-that-received-recalled-ham-list-now-available/ 

List of stores at this pdf link

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/sites/default/files/distro_list/2021-12/RC-046-2021-Retail-List.pdf

Had never done fries from scratch until yesterday.  Did a regular salted and then a batch of Cajun - really good and don’t think I’ll go back to store bought.  

doing another tonight that I’ll turn into cheese fries or Mexican fries if I can find enough to go on it 

only part that sucks is the soaking for 30 minutes

image.jpg

0779B188-12B7-45FD-8667-F2593BA7B91B.jpeg

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 7

I made a combination of north and south New Years dinner. Pork and sauerkraut for the north, collard greens and black eyed peas (canned) for the south. Missing are the potatoes and dumplings for the north. I made so much that I will freeze a bunch. It turned out good, all cooked together. 

• Like 4

Made these pancakes with Oikos Triple Zero blueberry yogurt this morning. Outstanding. Tomorrow I'll mix in some walnuts before cooking them*. Nice protein hit from the egg, rolled oats & yogurt. And 3 medium sized pancakes were plenty for me (makes 6 medium). 

Ingredients

½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) - I used Oikos Triple Zero blueberry

½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice) - I used the unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 egg

1 tablespoon coconut sugar - I used 1 tsp of Sugar in the Raw

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon almond extract - I didn't have so didn't use

1 ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired

2 teaspoons baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

Optional mix-ins

Blueberries or chocolate chips

Butter or olive oil, for cooking

Instructions

Add all of the ingredients (except optional mix-ins) to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let the batter sit in your blender for 10 minutes; this is important to allow the batter to thicken up properly, so please do not skip!

Cook them in a skillet with melted butter. 

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/yogurt-pancakes/

*Wife doesn't like pancakes so they're all mine!

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Made these pancakes with Oikos Triple Zero blueberry yogurt this morning. Outstanding. Tomorrow I'll mix in some walnuts before cooking them*. Nice protein hit from the egg, rolled oats & yogurt. And 3 medium sized pancakes were plenty for me (makes 6 medium). 

Ingredients

½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) - I used Oikos Triple Zero blueberry

½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice) - I used the unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 egg

1 tablespoon coconut sugar - I used 1 tsp of Sugar in the Raw

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ teaspoon almond extract - I didn't have so didn't use

1 ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired

2 teaspoons baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

Optional mix-ins

Blueberries or chocolate chips

Butter or olive oil, for cooking

Instructions

Add all of the ingredients (except optional mix-ins) to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let the batter sit in your blender for 10 minutes; this is important to allow the batter to thicken up properly, so please do not skip!

Cook them in a skillet with melted butter. 

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/yogurt-pancakes/

*Wife doesn't like pancakes so they're all mine!

Cool recipe, thanks for posting. I'm going to try it after Social Security day because I don't have some of the ingredients. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Cool recipe, thanks for posting. I'm going to try it after Social Security day because I don't have some of the ingredients. 

I subscribe to that site and get quite a few good healthy recipes from it. After some further research, I'm pretty sure you can sub quick oats for the rolled oats. I used the last bit of rolled oats I had.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I subscribe to that site and get quite a few good healthy recipes from it. After some further research, I'm pretty sure you can sub quick oats for the rolled oats. I used the last bit of rolled oats I had.

Just checked out the website. Have to alter some of the recipes because of carbs. Good thing I can cook! Thanks, Mom!

• Thumb up 2