Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No matter what I do, I can’t get the color I’d prefer grilling over high heat on a pellet grill, even with 100% charcoal pellets.  Still tastes great though.

Filet seasoned with a mixture of Holy Cow, and Kinders Cowboy Butter and Caramelized Onion Butter rubs.  Onions, shrooms, and garlic finished with W sauce and garlic butter when they came off, and corn with roasted potatoes.

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4548.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

Looks great!

Brisket burnt ends.

20240421_170302.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've seen the commercials, thought about it, but it's just way more than I need.  (The guy in the voice-over sounds really sexy, too.  :ols: )

Since I can't have a grill, I live vicariously through this thread!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Since I can't have a grill, I live vicariously through this thread!

Try a Foreman...I replaced my old one at the start of Covid for $15...COPPER INFUSED!!!  :ols:

No effort, easy cleanup.  Perfect for us single gals.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just basic French toast, bacon and turkey sausage.  The key though is I tried a hack, where I toasted the dry bread first before dipping in mixture and placing on the griddle.  Game changer, best texture I’ve ever achieved with French toast.  Crisp, not soggy in the middle.

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just basic French toast, bacon and turkey sausage.  The key though is I tried a hack, where I toasted the dry bread first before dipping in mixture and placing on the griddle.  Game changer, best texture I’ve ever achieved with French toast.  Crisp, not soggy in the middle.

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

What a great idea!

How dark did you toast the bread before dipping?

2 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What a great idea!

How dark did you toast the bread before dipping?

I dry toasted it on the Blackstone on low for a few minutes on each side.  On a scale of 1-10, about a 4 maybe 5, lightly browned.  Just enough to feel it’s dried out a bit.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:11 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Asian American meal prep: Mongolian beef, chicken lettuce wraps, potstickers, rice/cauliflower mix, and stir fried veg.

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

Oh my! That looks amazing! Did you make the potstickers, or heat up ones from the store? How early/late do you apply the stir fry sauce and do you have a go to product? Either way, little disappointed I didn’t get an invite.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Grabbed a hoagie roll, meatballs and marinara from work, I cut a few slices of a portabella cap, finished off my bag of mozz, baked some fries, lima beans. 

20240501_184523.jpg

Yum! 

I heated up some frozen lo mein, cut some chicken breast into strips and sauted tgem, added them to the lo mein in the oven. It made two servings so dinner tonight. It's an eye doctor appointment this morning, dilation of both eyes and a shot in the right. It's only once every four months now because my retina has stablized.

34 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yum! 

I heated up some frozen lo mein, cut some chicken breast into strips and sauted tgem, added them to the lo mein in the oven. It made two servings so dinner tonight. It's an eye doctor appointment this morning, dilation of both eyes and a shot in the right. It's only once every four months now because my retina has stablized.

I've been wearing glasses/contacts since 7th grade.  Never had my eyes dilated, sending woo.

• Like 1