Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

I have 2 Roy Rogers within 15 minutes of me.  There are several of them in this area.  Delicious.  My mom (RIP) used to love the Doube R burger as well.

#1 for me is the Gold Rush sandwich.

21 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Plus I always ordered mine without condiments. 

All Roys sandwiches come without condiments.  They have the fixins bar inside or fixins cups to-go.  I much prefer to do it myself as the to-go cups tend to be watery.  I'd imagine they don't even have that bar anymore since Covid, but maybe it's back.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It was a special thing with my dad & me when we lived in the burbs, but once we moved to the hills I never saw one again.  Funny how that was...??

I believe they had a resurgence.  

There has always been one in Brunswick, MD, ever since I moved to this area back in the early 90's.  But it was the only one that I knew of anywhere around here.  Over the past 10-15 years they've been popping up all over the place in the MD/DC/VA/eastern panhandle of WV area.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Just now, KAOSkins said:

Thank you, it tasted pretty darn good. It's such a stressful thing to make tho.  Be a while before I do it again.

I hear ya...we served it as a Thursday night special at the Mexican place I worked at years ago.  I don't even know where to go to get it now, and I'm damn sure not going through all of that for just me.  :ols:

• Like 1

I'm still going through the frozen stuff I bought last year...remember when we laughed about the Budweiser-battered fish filets?  :ols: 

Well, tonight they've been heavily doctored with Old Bay and ground pepper...they're going on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, and colby/jack.  Loaded baked potato. 

Edit, add:  I put jalapeno juice in the sauce. 

20210818_190727.jpg

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 11:09 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have 2 Roy Rogers within 15 minutes of me.  There are several of them in this area.  Delicious.  My mom (RIP) used to love the Doube R burger as well.

#1 for me is the Gold Rush sandwich.

All Roys sandwiches come without condiments.  They have the fixins bar inside or fixins cups to-go.  I much prefer to do it myself as the to-go cups tend to be watery.  I'd imagine they don't even have that bar anymore since Covid, but maybe it's back.

When I think of Roy's, I think of Roy's Place in Gaithersburg.  Unfortunately they are closed now, but they had quite a menu.

• Like 1