Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

1 minute ago, tshile said:

I get to go over to a house where the smoked food is either undercooked and dinner runs 3 hours late or it’s like jerky

sometimes it’s both

but also I get lectured on how to cook it the whole time. 

so, yay me. 

Not much worse than having to attend a party at someone’s house who can’t cook/grill/bbq, but they tell you all about how knowledgeable they are at it, and you have to pretend to be interested and that the food is good.  Spending the rest of your life on this earth living a lie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I get to go over to a house where the smoked food is either undercooked and dinner runs 3 hours late or it’s like jerky

sometimes it’s both

but also I get lectured on how to cook it the whole time. 

so, yay me. 

So what time are you coming over?

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not much worse than having to attend a party at someone’s house who can’t cook/grill/bbq, but they tell you all about how knowledgeable they are at it, and you have to pretend to be interested and that the food is good.  Spending the rest of your life on this earth living a lie.

ZgGPhCCrv38m5Vr9k_wcpIInijRY7-5B4R5vn7u82j8.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, tshile said:

You guys ever ate a pork loin that tastes like cardboard held together with paste?

you’ll never guess the instructions. 

basically you just cook the **** out of it 

steak-GIF-downsized.gif

tshile at the party...chewing his tasteless pork loin with pure distain

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

FDA says to not eat cicadas if you have a seafood allergy

The cicadas are back, and with them a warning from the Food and Drug Administration: Don't eat these critters if you have a seafood allergy.

"Yep! We have to say it! Don't eat #cicadas if you're allergic to seafood as these insects share a family relation to shrimp and lobsters," the agency tweeted Wednesday.

Since the cicadas have emerged, recipes have popped up across the internet, as some describe the critters as a rare gourmet treat.

210602-cicada-cookie-al-1452.jpg

A cicada nymph tops a sweet, chocolatey, chewy cookie at the home of University of Maryland entomologists Michael Raupp and Paula Shrewsbury in Columbia, Md.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Good gravy, are you trying to start a war?

I saw an article with an Old Bay marketing person commenting on how many of their customers have an Old Bay tattoo.

Not thinking those folks will be trying JO.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

image.png.bb8392641e1998ca3e579a35a4991a19.png

To those that have tried it, is JO better than Old Bay?

For steaming crabs? Absolutely!

They make blends for different crab places and all of them are good. We get 'em in 5 lb buckets from a local crab house for $9.99.  The large crystals of rock salt in most of their blends make it superior for steaming. The Old Bay cakes up too much.

For recipes,  shrimp, and dipping,  Old  Bay holds the edge.  We keep both on hand.  Here's a screenshot of a kickass BBQ sauce recipe.  Years ago, it was on the back of the Old Bay can, and has been a favorite of ours for years.  I double the ingredients, whisk them together,  and pour it into a squeeze bottle.  If you like the "Bay-b-que" sauce at Mission Barbecue,  you'll love this stuff.

Screenshot_20210605-213853_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4