Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONFIRMED: Scot McCloughan has accepted offer to become Redskins GM: Per Michael Robinson, Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport

Boss_Hogg

Someone who wants to be the Neil Armstrong of this generation, planting the flag of sustained success on Dan Snyders cruel, dark, inhospitable Moon....

A trailblazer...

Yeah, you got to be real high to reach this moon.

Haha, "that's no moon," somebody says.  :)

Major Tom? 

Anybody?

Highly doubt he comes here. Who would honestly choose the Redskins when you have options?

This might actually be the exception to the rule that people tied to Bruce are bad ideas.  Scot's dad and brother worked with Allen.  They might be friends, and maybe...just maybe...Allen will be willing to slide over to Pres. and hand over the GM job for Scot, or whatever job Scot wants.

Give Scot full control and he might just bite.

Someone who wants to be the Neil Armstrong of this generation, planting the flag of sustained success on Dan Snyders cruel, dark, inhospitable Moon....

A trailblazer...

If you're advocating for someone to shove a flagpole up Dan's ass, you'll probably find a lot of support.

I want Mac on board.  And I'm not sure how much of it there is in this thread, but can we still stop talking about how good of a contracts guy Bruce is?  I mean, what contracts do we have that we look at and say, 'man Bruce really got a great deal on this guy?'  

My biggest gripe with his deals, are the mid-level guys and depth signings that he's brought in.  Fletcher's last year, Andre Roberts, Josh Morgan, Lauvao, Porter, everyone of the LB bums we signed in the offseason this year.  We got awful value out of these guys.

Bruce likes to be frugal, I guess.  But it appears to my untrained eye that his trying to be cheap has done nothing for us but fill out our roster with a bunch of garbage that doesn't contribute.  And in typical Vinny fashion, he said "we have no glaring holes" after FA.  Hilarious.

I hope AJ and Mac come on board, and then Allen is sent to work at the shoe store.  I feel like with Vinny, at least he oozed stupidity, and it was obvious he was a moron.  Bruce's smugness is getting under my skin.  I can feel my blood pressure go up before he opens his mouth.  

Highly doubt he comes here. Who would honestly choose the Redskins when you have options?

Who would have wanted to go to the Seahawks?  Talk about a miserable place... 40 years of losing nonstop.  Their best years were with David Krieg before these last few years. That team was an absolute wasteland.  Mediocrity was their ceiling.

I want Mac on board.  And I'm not sure how much of it there is in this thread, but can we still stop talking about how good of a contracts guy Bruce is?  I mean, what contracts do we have that we look at and say, 'man Bruce really got a great deal on this guy?'  

My biggest gripe with his deals, are the mid-level guys and depth signings that he's brought in.  Fletcher's last year, Andre Roberts, Josh Morgan, Lauvao, Porter, everyone of the LB bums we signed in the offseason this year.  We got awful value out of these guys.

Bruce likes to be frugal, I guess.  But it appears to my untrained eye that his trying to be cheap has done nothing for us but fill out our roster with a bunch of garbage that doesn't contribute.  And in typical Vinny fashion, he said "we have no glaring holes" after FA.  Hilarious.

I hope AJ and Mac come on board, and then Allen is sent to work at the shoe store.  I feel like with Vinny, at least he oozed stupidity, and it was obvious he was a moron.  Bruce's smugness is getting under my skin.  I can feel my blood pressure go up before he opens his mouth.  

Agree on the contracts front. This is the same Bruce Allen that gave Jay Gruden a guaranteed 5yr deal as a rookie HC.

If JLC is correct and Mcloughan is in that hot demand -- Bruce and Dan will have no choice but to give him control to land here because why would he take being 2nd or 3rd banana when everyone else is offering you the top job.  

To me this is by a mile a better situation than AJ Smith. AJ is 65 and already pals with the Grudens and Allen and close to retirement age, I read an article about him where the reporter talked about AJ's dreams to be island hopping in retirement.   AJ probably is cool with Bruce having a big say.    And AJ when he left wasn't considered at the top of his game.

Getting a guy who recently built arguably the two most talented rosters in the NFL, isn't old, and gets full control -- that's what I want.  Now does Bruce and Danny really want that, got my doubts, who knows, will see. 

Totally agree... at first glance, this is good news. Hopefully they actually do land him (that's the first part of the execution phase I was talking about) and then give him the proper title (second part). 

You're right, though, based on "demand" and what has been said about him, he should be asking exclusively for the top position in the FO and they'll have no choice if they want him. But we've seen guys come here just for the money and Dan will outbid everyone else. So I still have that fear he takes the money and accepts whatever they tell him, even going against what he initially wanted. Money is a powerful motivator, lol.   

Just another article....... this from Riggo's Rag

http://riggosrag.com/2015/01/05/redskins-interested-in-scot-mccloughan-for-executive-spot/

I just wonder what Scot wants full control over? what other job would you have full control other then GM? I'd hire him as the GM, hire Phillips as DC, fire Foerster and bring in Russ Grimm if he will $$$ to fix the OL and get his name back in the running for a HCing spot, and let our freak flags fly. If it's another crap show next year then Scot can fire everyone and bring in whomever he wants.

• Like others, I’d heard that Bruce Allen and McCloughan are friends. Here’s a deeper connection: McCloughan’s dad, Kent, played for Oakland and was a scout with them at the same time Allen was employed by the Raiders. They would have worked together from 1995-2003.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/14465/thoughts-on-scot-mccloughan?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

And yet folks want us to be active in free agency.

A complete reboot shouldn't be an incomprehensible notion.

Bruce probably deserves to go based on his results.   

Sounds like Bruce needs to go in order to get this guy in the door, as it were. 

Archived