Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Cosby ... There is smoke.

Kosher Ham

For the first time, Bill Cosby's lawyers claim racism

PHILADELPHIA -- Bill Cosby has long preached the gospel of personal responsibility to fellow blacks, irritating those who fault racism for holding the community back.

But now lawyers for the 79-year-old comedian have suggested for the first time that racial bias is to blame as Cosby faces the prospect of 13 women testifying in court that he drugged and molested them. Twelve of them are white.

Cosby's legal team raised the issue on the courthouse steps Tuesday after a hearing in his criminal sex assault case in suburban Philadelphia. Whether they intend to bring up race in the courtroom remains to be seen. At a minimum, some legal experts said the defence is trying to influence potential jurors.

"I think that you've always got to have in mind who's your jury pool," said Los Angeles lawyer Mark Geragos, whose clients have included Michael Jackson. "That's probably the end game."

Or the lawyers may have been dutifully carrying out Cosby's instructions: "It could well be they are expressing the concerns of the client," said Carl Douglas, who was on O.J. Simpson's legal Dream Team.

Cosby is set to go on trial next June on charges he drugged and sexually violated Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his home in 2004. He could get 10 years in prison if convicted.

In bringing up race, his legal team took aim at celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, who represents about half the women who have agreed to testify against Cosby.
Allred "calls herself a civil rights attorney, but her campaign against Mr. Cosby builds on racial bias and prejudice that can pollute the court of public opinion," the lawyers said in a statement.

Click on the link for the full article

• 9 months later...

Bill Cosby might be the only one benefiting from Trump being an idiot, because all of his ongoings his rape trial has gone virtually unnoticed. 

They're in Day 3 of deliberations.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 2

Didn’t anyone at TV One notice the irony of airing a ‘Cosby Show’ rerun in which Bill Cosby crushed pills into drink?

We're guessing that Bill Cosby didn’t need much rehearsal for the scene in “The Cosby Show” in which he slipped some aspirin into a glass of juice.

Accused rapist Bill Cosby could be seen on television Friday night crushing pills and mixing them into a drink to feed to his pint-sized TV daughter on the episode, “Rudy’s Sick.”

All broadcasters are justified in offering viewers whatever programming they choose, but it’s curious that no one at TV One thought about the optics of “America’s Dad” slipping pills into a drink — while Cosby’s standing trial for just that, and worse.

On 6/14/2017 at 4:29 PM, China said:

All broadcasters are justified in offering viewers whatever programming they choose, but it’s curious that no one at TV One thought about the optics of “America’s Dad” slipping pills into a drink

Or did they?

3 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

i really really miss the Bill Cosby that we thought we had.... 

Same here.

And the worse part is I'm one of those people who rolls their eyes when someone complains about a celebrity/athlete getting in trouble for something and how they're kids look up to them, role model, etc

Cosby slipped into my blind spot on that one.

His show was iconic, his stand up was great (he never needed shock or lewd or offensive jokes. He was just genuinely funny. When he spoke in public he always came across as smart and sincere. Such a shame to compare what I thought he was to what he now appears to be.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Who honestly thought they were going to find Bill Cosby guilty? 

I did, when I found out they were allowing the previous incidents into the trial in some way. I just thought that would be overwhelming.

I don't even know what his defense was. I didn't pay any attention to this case except for some minor details.

On 6/17/2017 at 1:59 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

Who honestly thought they were going to find Bill Cosby guilty? 

Objectively speaking, it would be hard not to based on what was presented publicly in the press. However, we weren't in the court room. In a case like this, reasonable doubt is easy to place. I sure as hell thought he was guilty,  but we'll see what happens on the retrial. 

On 6/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, tshile said:

Same here.

And the worse part is I'm one of those people who rolls their eyes when someone complains about a celebrity/athlete getting in trouble for something and how they're kids look up to them, role model, etc

Cosby slipped into my blind spot on that one.

His show was iconic, his stand up was great (he never needed shock or lewd or offensive jokes. He was just genuinely funny. When he spoke in public he always came across as smart and sincere. Such a shame to compare what I thought he was to what he now appears to be.

This is an interesting angle to me. Is it not possible for both realities to be true?

Can a man not be a gifted actor and comedian, and also a wise figurehead for a community, and also have dark demons in his personal life (assuming he's guilty of course)?

I ask this often about Thomas Jefferson when people want to paint him as a horrible person for his treatment of his slaves. Is it not possible for a man to be a wise and powerful person integral to our nation's history while also having deep character flaws as a person? I am very intrigued by our desire for our heroes to be perfect. 

wis·dom
ˈwizdəm/
noun
  1. the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
    synonyms: sagacity, intelligence, sense, common sense, shrewdness, astuteness, smartness, judiciousness, judgment, prudence, circumspection; More

• the soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
      "some questioned the wisdom of building the dam so close to an active volcano"
      synonyms: sagacity, intelligence, sense, common sense, shrewdness, astuteness, smartness, judiciousness, judgment, prudence, circumspection; More

• the body of knowledge and principles that develops within a specified society or period.

There's being imperfect, and there's being cruel, or flat out being a monster.

And no, even before posting that definition, when I have thought of true wisdom, neither scenario applies. 

Certainly not wise enough