Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail To Bashaud Breeland!

CrypticVillain

Tell me why Bashaud was put against Dez in the first place? Did they feel Terrance WIlliams was bigger threat? or is Breeland starting to surpass Amerson?

IMO, I think it came down to a better size matchup. Breeland's long arms and physical play. I haven't heard  Amerson's name called much this season. Which usually means good things.

Breeland = Br-Island

But seriously, lets see this replicated a few times. I get it, they don't get any harder to cover than Dez. So, should have success going forward

I think we'll see it replicated.  At Clemson, in practice, he had to cover Martavas Bryant, Sammy Watkins, and Nuk Hopkins, all WRs in the NFL, and all doing really well this season.  Breeland has already gone against some of the best and I think he'll continue to flourish.

I would like to echo the statements of hoping that Breeland continues to improve, but I don't think you have to worry about that. 

Ammerson and Breeland are both young, right now they are playing with the physical attributes, and excelling.

Now what they have to do is learn how to incorporate those attributes with the mental aspect of the position. The sky is the limit for these two if they can just keep that fire. 

For a rookie, confidence is king.  Now, there's fake confidence (bravado) and real confidence.  One can lead to the other, but a game like yesterday's can do a lot for a young player.  Just have to watch out for over inflation too!

Don't worry.  I'm certain that the NFL has lots of instructors who will be happy to pop his bubble.  And some of them will succeed. 

Amerson was just as impressive. He was one-on-one with Bryant almost as often as Breeland, and totally buried him. His reaction time from Cover-3 was also impressive in the run game.

Breeland just happened to have the plays that made the highlight reel, but I can't count the number of times Romo looked to Dez, and Amerson was glued to him.

he did have a stellar game. You can see the confidence rising in the guy on the field. He had two chances for picks on that final Dallas drive but more importantly, he was there for the final play and was in perfect position. He's only gonna get better with more experience.

Finally they set up like they could dominate ... Those 10+ yd cushions weren't there as much last night. Loved that. Put it on their backs and put them in stud positions ... And they stepped up as Studs. Breelund is going to be an integral part of the D if this is how he delivers. Some credit to Haz ... I guess

Without question the hardest position to find players is cornerback because it's the hardest position to play.  The Skins have 2 young guys who appear to be more than capable.

Let me guess, you played cornerback didn't you? You know QB is the hardest. Hell what about safety and center? Or offensive tackle. Talk about hard.

Agreed about Breeland and Amerson though.

Let me guess, you played cornerback didn't you? You know QB is the hardest. Hell what about safety and center? Or offensive tackle. Talk about hard.

Agreed about Breeland and Amerson though.

Lemme guess, couldn't play corner.  Seriously, no other position requires speed, strength and inteligence like corner.  I think there are more good QBs in the NFL than CBs.  Heck the Skins have more good QBs than CBs.

Lemme guess, couldn't play corner.  Seriously, no other position requires speed, strength and inteligence like corner.  I think there are more good QBs in the NFL than CBs.  Heck the Skins have more good QBs than CBs.

There are probably three or four times more good corners in the NFL than QBs. Every team plays four or five corners every game. Most teams have a couple that are good. Most teams are lucky to have one good QB. There is no comparison between the two positions. I don't think you're going to find anyone else that agrees with you.

There are probably three or four times more good corners in the NFL than QBs. Every team plays four or five corners every game. Most teams have a couple that are good. Most teams are lucky to have one good QB. There is no comparison between the two positions. I don't think you're going to find anyone else that agrees with you.

Honestly, I don't think very many people give a damn either way. We won last night. CB is one of the hArdest positions to adjust to from college. It's one of the toughest positions in the NFL. So is WR. So is QB. So is LT. Whoopty doo

Archived