Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail To Bashaud Breeland!

CrypticVillain

As others said, Gruden told ESPN-980 that Breeland's knee isn't serious. "He got checked out and looks like he'll be okay. Just a sprain."

Gruden indicated that if there's no swelling Saturday, Breeland could play Sunday. He's officially listed as questionable.

Source says Breeland moved around fine in practice today. Listed as questionable after injuring his knee yesterday's practice.

The #Redskins "hope" that CB Bashaud Breeland can play Sunday vs # Vikings. ...Won't know for sure until tomorrow morning.

Great thread! I really thought Breeland did a great job as well I think that Amerson did good too.  I was looking at Breelands draft profile and Mike Mayock said Breeland should have been a late second rounder.  We got him with the second pick in the 4th round.   WOW...

They are the starters right now. Which is totally awesome

I hope we have learned that slow 40 times mean little, otherwise the league would be dominated by sprinters.

Credit an over emphasis on straight speed by GMs league wide, to help us land Breeland.

I wish there were better measurables to document  a DB actually doing his job, which is rarely running in a straight line. I feel like at minimum they should always do a 180 when being tested e.g. back peddle / turn.

• 1 month later...

anybody listen to Cooley yesterday talk about the BB ... 

- Will be a top 5 corner soon

- is trending to be a shut down

- runs routes for receivers

-  mentioned him as building block to D, along with Keenan

- absolutely loves the kid 

BB is my favorite Skin dude is gonna be a beast as soon as we get a pass rush.

Boy ..  Amerson has really fallen off..   he looks to me like a player totally checked out.

he's lost, he gives 12 yard cushions when it's 3rd and goal from the 5, he doesn't know his assignments on simple zones, and last week i saw him blow by receivers twice on bubble screens in which he had a clear tackle..  totally whiffed on one, and on the other he tapped the man's hip as he went by.

I swear, it looked like he didn't even want to try to make the tackle.

i was high on him, now I really wonder. Cooley said a couple weeks ago on his show that he thought it looked to him like he's got some off-field issues going on..  he's missing meetings, playing with his head elsewhere.

Hope he gets it together because I am also one who believes Breeland is a budding star. To have two high quality young corners is a very solid foundation.

~Bang

Archived