Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail To Bashaud Breeland!

CrypticVillain

Question:

What does that mean?

He's saying that when a taller receiver gets to the stem of their route, they have to bend down more at the knees when they break down and go into their cuts. Little guys are so quick they don't need to lower as much. The defensive back then gets an advantage like Bashaud was talking about, because they can read the receiver's hips before they cut.

It's all about agility rather than speed. Which is why you see smaller guys wide open more than those big tall guys who can run fast 40's because of their stride. They are faster in and out of their cuts, and don't telegraph them as much.

He's saying that when a taller receiver gets to the stem of their route, they have to bend down more at the knees when they break down and go into their cuts. Little guys are so quick they don't need to lower as much. The defensive back then gets an advantage like Bashaud was talking about, because they can read the receiver's hips before they cut.

It's all about agility rather than speed. Which is why you see smaller guys wide open more than those big tall guys who can run fast 40's because of their stride. They are faster in and out of their cuts, and don't telegraph them as much.

Thanks. I was thinking about at the line, makes more sense coming out of cuts.

Man, I really love Breeland. He had tough games against the Giants (single coverage of 6'6 tight end) and the Cardinals (Haslett refused to give him help against Fitzgerald) but overall he has been a lot of fun to watch. 

He has forced a couple fumbled against talented players (Sproles, Murray) and has an interception. Not bad for a 4th round rookie. Seems like an eternity ago that he was caught with drugs at a college during training camp. 

Mayock had him has a potential first rounder in 2015 if he hadn't declared early. The attributes are there for a top quality corner.

After all then crap we've watched as fans over recent seasons, that really was one of the best individual performances in a meaningful game I've watched for some time.

BB is a gamer and what we saw in camp is showing up on the big stage now. I'm hoping he continues to make steps toward being the guy we need at that position even though everyone knows who he is now, it's going to get a bit tougher.

If he and Amerson can continue that kind of Performance then it changes the whole identity of our Defense.

Archived