Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail To Bashaud Breeland!

CrypticVillain

The stops on Bryant in the endzone were huge - great hands to fight for it against a receiver who's renowned for his hands. Time and time again he was right there and that's not something we're used to in recent years. As has been said, the best performance I've seen by a DB in a long time and we quite possibly, have a fantastic player on our hands.

Amerson was excellent too. The kid loves tackling running backs.

Breeland seems to be getting better every week at an even higher trajectory than Amerson did his rookie year.  I am sure he will still have some rookie hiccups throughout the year but tonight he was the man.

He also said he studied a bunch of DHall vs. Dez tape to prepare.

Look, I will probably continue on with my crusade about this for a short while, but it's only because it's a positive thing anyway.

Not many corners when they came out of college had to cover 2 NFL WRs in practice, every day, for the most part of their college career.

While I thought maybe his 4.6 might have been slow, he admitted he could have trained more for that.

He had to cover Sammy watkins and Martavis bryant every day in college, so I never thought for a second he would be completely lost in the NFL, like many corners can be.  

He's got great ball skills, and isn't afraid like many young corners can be.  He brings attitude also.  I really hope this guy pans out.  He's a potential jersey guy if he continues on like this. 

I'm going to sound like an old white guy here, but what really impressed me about him was no histrionics after the play... no pointing to the stands, no flexing, no getting up in the receiver's face... he just got up, brushed himself off, maybe.. MAYBE slapped five with a teammate, and went back to the huddle.  It screamed extreme confidence to me. 

Almost had 2 INTs. Both on Terrence Williams.

Correction 3, very last play on Dez.

I think Breeland replaces DHall and Amerson as the #1 corner by next year.  DHall gas gotten much much tougher over the last couple years going all out on tackles, so I could see him moving to FS or a FS/CB hybrid spot like the Woodsons.

Hall said on twitter "time to move to FS, JK" I wouldnt mine seeing that. Hall is awesome.

During the draft process, everyone seemed to be looking for the next richard Sherman ... Lengthy tall CB. Breeland was actually a name that was thrown around a lot. Some had him as a raw player as high as the 2nd. When we got him in the 4th I was ecstatic for his potential. Tonight really gets me excited for what he can do.

Breeland's growth has accelerated. Remember, he was projected as starting corner or safety down the line. This year he was supposed to be a special teams contributor. Now he's a starter. Could you imagine the type of monster he's going to be next year with this type of experience

Archived