Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Seahawks Predictions :(

#98QBKiller

I predict I give my mind and body a rest and boycott this game.  I'm seriously going to do myself a favor and let this one go.

i predict if we win, i will tell you the score and say "should have watched us win" :)

i also predict that the same person that called me "polyanna" after the game last time will call me it AGAIN after the game this week. yeah, that was fun...insulting a guy that is being optimistic :) lol.

One great game and Cousins is the future. And one terrible game and the team is a disaster.

I don't think the Redskins defense is as bad as they were against the Giants. I also don't think Seattle's offense is all that great. Cousins won't have another career terrible game. I think it will come down to who has the better defense and it will be Seattle.

27-20 Seattle

This.

Seahawks: 9084

Redskins: Ketchup

Cousins runs into Griffin on the sideline, shattering both of their skeletons. Snyder fires Gruden at halftime, announces himself head coach for life, and changes the name to 6 Flags presents the Washington Telecommunicators.

This too.

I don't have any notions of the Skins winning this game, but I don't feel that they are nearly as bad as the Giants game would have others believe.

Being in Oregon I am around a large variety of fans, but mostly Seahawk/Niner fans. The outlook from the Seahawks fans is why I am even here. They usually are arrogant at best. I have heard it all over the last 3 playoff games, but for a game they look like a lock to dominate the few fans that I work with are actually sharing that they think this game will be a lot closer than meets the eye.

Not sure what to think about that seeing how they have behaved in the past. But I think that the Skins are going to be ready to play and that effort will be high. If forced to bet this game i would bet the Seahawks cover, but barely. I would love nothing more to show up on Tuesday after an upset, but I will take a well fought game at this point. I would also take the same for the matchup with the Cards.

I posted in here for the best two games of the season then didn't after the eagles loss. TNF was my fault. I'm back, I hate Seattle, wish I lived in MD and could roast a pig... Instead I'll sit in my St. Louis fan cave and order some Seahawk flavored wings...

Skins win by 1. 21-20. I ask the doctor if my heart is healthy enough for sex on Tuesday.

i hate making predictions - especially about a game that looks like a rout on paper.  with that said, i fully expect the skins to be a lot more competitive this week and showing a lot more discipline than last week.  and since we always seem to either play up or down to our opponent, this will be an up week - not that i'm predicting a win.  if kirk can get the ball out quickly and accurately and trent is able to play the entire game, the final score should be something like....

31-24 Hawks

I think that the gameplan will call for short passes to our playmakers, bubble screens, quick slants, bootlegs, etc.. a strong dose of Morris and Helu to keep the Defense honest and loosen things up for some play action to Reed over the middle. The Seahawks can be beat but it will require the type of game I described from our offense and we can't afford to fall behind by more than a score at any point or it's over. If Kirk has to sit in the pocket and make throws outside the numbers to lead some Luck type comeback then we are done. If we control the game and possess the ball with long productive drives, forces Wilson to throw from the pocket, tackle well, win the turnover battle and our Kicking game is better then we can steal one. Monday Night home dog is a sure bet right?

After quite a few days to digest and think about it, I want to believe we are closer to the team that we fielded versus the Eagles. We were battered and bruised going into the Giants game. I'm really hoping Gruden gets it through his head that we need to run more and design shorter passing routes for Cousins. It seemed to me we were going for the homerun way too much and he doesn't have the arm strength for that crap. I think this game will make or break our season.

If we can pull off the upset and beat our losing streak on primetime games, then I think we can get back into this season. Even if we lose but play them down to the wire, I think that will help our confidence and we could beat the Cardinals. However, if we get blown out like we did against the Giants, I see this being another very, very long season. That being said I'm changing my prediction for the game. I think we come out strong with the run game early and control the clock. We will have a 14-10 lead at the half. 2nd half our defense will get tired and will start to give up big plays. Seattle takes a 24-14 lead going into the 4th quarter.

We engineer a nice, long drive inside their 10 yard line only to cough up the ball. We get the ball back in good field position that sets up a field goal and that's the final score.

Seahags 24 - Good Guys 17

I've picked the Redskins to win every game this year so far so please let me be wrong again.

Time to revise my prediction. I'm leaning toward this coaching staff having no clue wtf they are doing therefore the Redskins season start to look like a Steve Spurrier season. (of course even Spurrier overachieved once or twice but I won't be predicting that)

Seahawks 34

Redskins 20

history tells me the skins will somehow find a new low. it always seems to happen, especially on primetime games and pretty often vs. seattle.

I'm gonna go with my gut though and say the skins pull this one out 27-24. cousins was very good vs the eagles and jaguars. he was horrid vs the giants. I think he comes back and plays well.

the defense will still be bad.

I thought they'd be in trouble against the Giants and said so on the prediction thread, just seemed the type of game that the same old Redskins would lose.  If we are staying on the same old Redskins script, they will play hard but come up short against Seattle and there will be some self congratulatory thoughts based on it -- played Seattle hard, wonder what we do next, good things coming.  We lose 27-23.

We start with a lead, Cousins starts hot, Jon Gruden raves.  Cousins fades in the 4th quarter while Russell shines then.  

This game and every game likely going forward, its imperative for our offense to score early.

For if we don't the entire team will become demoralized, players will try to do too much, Gruden will panic and abandon the run. When the offense doesn't score, special teams and defense have to win games for us.

And they are simply not built to do that, nor can we expect them to do that. Teams aren't even worthy of discussion at this point. Haslett is trending to bassackwards with his coverage gimmicks aka "the band-aid backfield".

Losing Hall and Cofield, we lost arguably 2 of our top 5 defenders. We are not deep enough to overcome injuries to our best players on D.

The offense has to carry this team. It's that simple. Start working the over. Homer? Par Skins ML + Over

It'll be just like a college game where you have the #1 team playing a no name.. Scenario #1 is they just blow us off the field.. #2, even if by the grace of god we get a lead, we'll lose badly by the time the 60 minute mark is reached.. It's going to be embarrassing for them and us, no doubts.. :( Would love to think there will be a bright side and we'll learn from it or it'll somehow make us stronger, but I've been a fan of this team way too long to believe that crap anymore.. Is what it is.. fHAIL!! :ph34r:

Archived