Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins vs Ravens (Audio)

NoLeafClover

Some of you not panicking or making excuses I give credit to. I'm no longer a "glass half full" kind of guy.

5/8 20 yds 1int.

Look at other starting qbs playing in preseason. None of them have had even close to a game that bad.

I'm scared, worried, and sick. Sick in my stomach that this could be a repeat of last year. I pray griffin proves me wrong.

I hate when people say dumb **** like that. How long does it take to send a tweet? 15 seconds? So he takes maybe 10 minutes out of his day on social media. Does BMitch go home and practice his radio skills and game analysis? From the sounds of things, I'd say no. Maybe BMitch needs to stop golfing and spend more time working on his radio skills.

It's not the time that it takes to send the tweet, it's the tweet itself. By RGIII responding, it shows that his "haters" are in his head and that he needs to develop thicker skin. And if he continues to play as bad as he has been, he hasn't seen nothing yet. Right now, he still probably has 90% of Redskin Nation having his back. Let him stink up the joint in Houston.

I have to wonder if some fans on this board are really fans and not antagonist and instigators in life.

Why?  Because we are Skins fans and are concerned that are starting QB has been mediocre during the preseason and last night sucked beyond measure?  And that our O line wound up in a heap on way too many plays because they were owned last night.

Robert looks way too uncomfortable and did I say awkward when he drops back.  So it does not make anyone an antagonist to point these facts out.    And Cousin's has had  a much better preseason.  I wish it were reverse to be honest.

That's not poor vision. On that play, Reed was the first opt-in but he got bumped at the line throwing the running of. So Griffin went to his service, third, and forth reads. And they too were all covered (if you look at like one second before this image you see it). Morris comes out as the checkdown since nobody rushed and the inside guy comes off of Reed to pick up Morris, but Robert thinks it's a safer throw.

You can actually see Rivet go through his progressions on that play. And this image is bad because it doesn't tell the whole story

However you look at it, it was a terrible interception that can't happen. I agree with the poster who said that Robert looks uncomfortable and that's the challenge the coaches have over the next two weeks. Cousins looks very comfortable and made several throws down field. The concern I have with Robert, as opposed to Cousins, is that he doesn't seem comfortable in threading the needle with passes in tight windows. Robert needs guys to be wide open or he won't throw it unless he's pressured and then he's prone to the ill- advised, forced pass. Tyron Taylor outplayed Robert and looked confident and comfortable out there. Robert looked unsure and not confident. Maybe the Ravens have his number? 

One of post game favs - 3fer The Good The Bad and the Mehgly. Judging on 1s only. 

Good

Keenan Robinson / LB Play. 

DL - the best it has looked in years, maybe a decade + 

DBs - Bringing the Pain

Bad

OL - looks suspect. Can't power block, seem to struggle to create a clean pocket for Robert, the kicker basically every time we try.

Gruden - His grade this year will be tied to Robert and our Offense. We can't score. Its preseason, but its all we have to judge by.

RG3 Awareness - takes a 3 yd loss when he could just throw it away instead. Running laterally too much. Dropped a snap on 3rd. 

Mehgly

Special Teams - still seems a little shaky. Punt Rush blocking seems lacking. Roberts looks good. 

Robert - seems a tad late on his throws / timing with WRs. On the INT his primary Reed gets open when he dumps to Morris. 

BM - head hunting. I saw 2 Ravens with suspected concussions. Love hitting but It may go from Meh to Ugly quick #Suspensions

Instead of critiquing or quoting my post, please post your good bad and Mehgly instead. 

Honestly, as disappointed as I was in Robert's performance, which was simply awful, I was even more disappointed in the way our Oline played.

My God, even Trent was getting owned. What the heck. I don't think they gave Robert a single clean pocket the entire time.  

I agree with this 100%

RGIII did play bad no debating. But Trent has had a terrible preseason. Actually the entire offense has but RG will get the blame which sucks but if the oline dont play better RG will be a sitting target while "trying" to be a pocket passer...

Some of you not panicking or making excuses I give credit to. I'm no longer a "glass half full" kind of guy.

5/8 20 yds 1int.

Look at other starting qbs playing in preseason. None of them have had even close to a game that bad.

Eli went 1/7 for 6 yds last week. He played all but the last series of the 1st half.

My thought as well. Maybe DeSean, Pierre, Andre will help him out by beating their opponents and avoiding him from running for his life.

The defensive line must step up too to protect him.

That is a completely baseless statement IMO. The receivers were getting open, just watch the game again. In the last INT Bob threw Reed couldn't be more open, and Garson (I think it was him) was also wide open.

Lets not cut down our best part on offense because a certain QB is so obviously indecisive on what to do with the ball when his first option is covered.

And to take it a step further if RGIII can't get his "stuff" together I wish we never signed Jackson. How long to you think he will wait until he starts ****ing about not having a QB capable enough to distribute the ball. You want to talk about a mess, there you have it.

If I w Griffin I'd ditch all the social media and take the Sean Taylor approach. I always admired Sean because he knew not to trust the media and basically gave them nothing so they left him alone for the most part. Griffin is a good kid but he's learning the hard way what the media can do to you whenever they feel like it.

My only problem with him... the only one I've ever had, is that he is just hell bent in getting back at people. He is fighting ghosts. For a pro athlete, he care s WAY too much about what people think of him.

He's gotta learn to block it out, and not even address it. The worst thing you can ever do as a visible public figure is let people know tnat they can rent space in your head.

Its honesy surprising the wqy he handles this stuff, considering all the positive life coach esque stuff he puts out there. Just goes to show that its one thing to say it, and a completely different thing to do it when you're in the midst of a ****storm.

He at least said that the offense goes as he goes, but he visibly looked like a kid that just got put in timeout. He's got to watch that.

RGIII just looks robotic & not natural. I wouldn't give up on him completely, but I do feel he is more raw as a passer than I previously thought.

The one thing ill say is that the FO, coaching staff, and others at the Park kept preaching patience to all of us about RGIII. So my guess is that they're not as surprised as we seem to be.

It seems that 1/2 of the people in this thread would sit Peyton Manning this year based off of his Super Bowl performance last year.

I still think Roberts going to be fine.

But that's a silly comparison.

Peyton has earned the benefit of. The doubt. Robert hasn't.

The only thing you can say about Peyton and the SB is that everybody can have a bad day.

I am hoping that's what it was. Just a bad day

I don't get the argument that we are playin vanilla offense and hiding our cards. That may and like is all true. It doesn't matter. Vanilla or not our receivers are top 5 in the league and I think it's consensus they were open all night and Robert continues to not see them. This isn't some new thing with Rob. 2012 his first read was wide open or he ran. Cooley has even said that's what Kyle Shanahan told him to do. He looked great because he didn't have to read a defense or do anything.

The knee was a huge reason for last year. But it still didn't completely excuse Roberts' terrible pocket presence all year and inability to see wide open receivers downfield. He has continued that trend into this preseason and we are a couple weeks from opening the season.

There is a trend of poor QB play from him when it comes to footwork, reading a defense and seeing receivers.

And te argument that we should expect Cousins to be better at this type of offense is complete bull****. Robert is in year 3 in the NFL. He has almost two seasons of starting experience. I'm not saying he should be Peyton Manning but there should be significant signs of improvement - vanilla or not you should see better footwork and the ability to find the guys that are wide open against backup corners.

While I will reserve judgment til the season and you will not find me in the Pro-start-cousins crowd, I also think it's asinine to ignore that there are plenty of reasons to be very concerned with the lack of progression in Robert's game. Again, he doesn't need to be a top 5 passer this year but he definitely needs to show some serious improvement from last year and after three preseason games I don't think we've seen any reason to believe that has occurred. It may be just preseason or it may not. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed in how poorly he has played.

Archived