Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2014

USS Redskins

I'm to scared to cut the cord.  I live out of state and I know if I go to a bar to watch all the games, I'll spend way more than I do on Sunday Ticket.  So I'm just bending over and taking it.  Mostly because I'm to scared that I won't be able to see the Skins games.

I want to cut the cord too.  Waiting and still researching to see when/if I can.  I love my movie channels and I get the regional sports package which allows me to watch the majority of Hornets and Braves games.  If I get either one of those packages, I get blackouts for all home games, which makes it not worth it.

NFL Sunday Ticket, since I have an Xbox One I can subscribe and view through that.  Full price, but not having satellite/cable would warrant that.  But its NBA and MLB that are holding me back.

Anyone live outside of the DC market and get the sports package that has CSN on DirecTV? I do, and I was planning on watching the first preseason game tonight. When "Redskins Kickoff" came on at 7pm, it says that it's blacked out. Anyone having the same problem or know if the game will be blacked out as well?

Game is blacked out because you live in another team's market.  That'll happen.

Should be able to watch postgame during the season.

Though I remember being able to watch pregame last season and preseason, so that's probably something new.

Thanks. So much for paying to get that package just for this purpose. Lol

It's still beneficial for some things.

I get to watch Nats games cause NC doesn't have a baseball team.  Still have to pay for the Sunday ticket and center ice, though.

It's still beneficial for some things.

Yeah, I can get a lot of European soccer games with this package that I couldn't before, so not a total loss. Was really hoping that I could watch the game tonight. Guess I'll have to record the re-run at 1am on NFL Network.

Thanks for the info. Hope some of the youngins show some promise tonight.

Yeah, I can get a lot of European soccer games with this package that I couldn't before, so not a total loss. Was really hoping that I could watch the game tonight. Guess I'll have to record the re-run at 1am on NFL Network.

Thanks for the info. Hope some of the youngins show some promise tonight.

You can also listen to the team broadcast on espn980.com worst case.

Anyone live outside of the DC market and get the sports package that has CSN on DirecTV? I do, and I was planning on watching the first preseason game tonight. When "Redskins Kickoff" came on at 7pm, it says that it's blacked out. Anyone having the same problem or know if the game will be blacked out as well?

I've got the sports package with Comcast & have the exact same problem.   Online streams have a little bit of lag, but at least I get to watch.  There's a thread in the Stadium with info. ;)

I've got the sports package with Comcast & have the exact same problem.   Online streams have a little bit of lag, but at least I get to watch.  There's a thread in the Stadium with info. ;)

It was on locally here. Panthers play tonight. He likely had the same option, just didn't think of it. It was on the local station here.

I do find myself irritated about the CSN change where you don't get the pre and post game shows most of the time.

NFL Sunday Ticket does not include preseason games.  I found that out today myself.

Same here. I had to work so I told my wife to DVR it. She said all Skins games are preset to record so no problem. (We do that so if we are late for kickoff during the season we don't miss anything). Came home from work, got a jersey on, poured a drink, and sat down to no game recorded. :( At least my wife thought it was her fault so I got some I'm sorry love from it.

Yep, as DC9 mentioned, the sports pack on DirecTV doesn't give you the games. I learned this when I moved out of the DMV. You get everything except for the games. I cancelled.

Called DirecTV today and said immediately that I was calling to cancel service. They asked why and I said that I have Apple TV and it is much cheaper to stream from Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, etc. They asked if there was anything I would miss about DirecTV and I said that I would miss local sports (Pitt football and bball games) and Sunday ticket. They immediately offered free Sunday ticket, $45 off every month for 12 months and $7 off HBO for 6 months. My bill went from $182 per month to $61 for 6 months then $68 for the rest of the year. I did have to agree to a 1 year contract but the rep flat out told me to call back in next year and renegotiate. He said they would rather give me all these deals than lose me as a customer.

Called DirecTV today and said immediately that I was calling to cancel service. They asked why and I said that I have Apple TV and it is much cheaper to stream from Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, etc. They asked if there was anything I would miss about DirecTV and I said that I would miss local sports (Pitt football and bball games) and Sunday ticket. They immediately offered free Sunday ticket, $45 off every month for 12 months and $7 off HBO for 6 months. My bill went from $182 per month to $61 for 6 months then $68 for the rest of the year. I did have to agree to a 1 year contract but the rep flat out told me to call back in next year and renegotiate. He said they would rather give me all these deals than lose me as a customer.

Nice! I've been telling people in here the whole time to do the same. Everyone I know that has tried it has had similar results.

Yeah I dunno, I think it goes in waves or depends on who you talk to.  A couple years back when we had DirecTV I tried the calling thing several times and never got better than something like $100 off Sunday Ticket and $10 off my bill.  I even went ahead and cancelled my service one year and never got one of these callbacks where they apparently offer you free Ticket and a nice monthly price.

We do get letters in the mail offering something along those lines from time to time, but with the way we've got our budget structured right now the money isn't there for even a minimal cable subscription.  We really don't watch enough TV anymore to justify paying $50-80 a month for it.  I think if you are already somebody who is going to get, say, $70 per month of value out of your cable subscription it's worth fighting for Sunday Ticket as a bonus.  If not, even free Sunday ticket doesn't justify paying for cable year round.

I didn't get as good a deal as MattFancy or Jaron, but still not bad (esp since I'm still under contract).

Got $15 off per month for 12 months, half off Sunday Ticket Max ($167.96), 4 months of Showtime and he walked me through a slight channel reduction on my package to get another $12/month off.

The guy also said they get a lot of new credits Sept 1, and I should call then and see if I'm eligible for anything additional.

I didn't get as good a deal as MattFancy or Jaron, but still not bad (esp since I'm still under contract).

Got $15 off per month for 12 months, half off Sunday Ticket Max ($167.96), 4 months of Showtime and he walked me through a slight channel reduction on my package to get another $12/month off.

The guy also said they get a lot of new credits Sept 1, and I should call then and see if I'm eligible for anything additional.

There's certainly no harm in trying to get better deals from them. The worse they're going to say is no.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived