Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2014

USS Redskins

Rejoice, if they can get the streaming to actually work in HD. For me it says I still can't get it. Hopefully stuff just haven't been updated yet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25265705/sunday-ticket-now-available-to-almost-anyone-without-directv-subscription

The biggest problem that most people have with "NFL Sunday Ticket" is that it's almost impossible to get unless you have a DirecTV subscription.

That's all going to change in 2015.

The satellite carrier, which is now owned by AT&T, announced on Monday that Sunday Ticket will now be available to almost anyone, even if they don't have a DirecTV subscription.

NFL fans willing to pony up $199-$359 will be able to stream every Sunday afternoon game this season. The packages will also be available in monthly installments that you can see below.

$353.94 for Sunday Ticket Max.  Includes Red Zone, being able to stream on mobiles devices, and other stuff I forget.

$251.94 for normal Sunday Ticket.

They don't really bargain anymore since DirecTV just paid a **** load of money to keep it.  I was able to get some promotions though and saved roughly $30 a month on my bill.  I still pay over $200 a month though :angry: - including Sunday Ticket Max.

$353.94 for Sunday Ticket Max.  Includes Red Zone, being able to stream on mobiles devices, and other stuff I forget.

$251.94 for normal Sunday Ticket.

They don't really bargain anymore since DirecTV just paid a **** load of money to keep it.  I was able to get some promotions though and saved roughly $30 a month on my bill.  I still pay over $200 a month though :angry: - including Sunday Ticket Max.

Wow is it different regional pricing or did you have a very robust programming request (Do you get everything?). Mine is about $85 a month with Sunday Ticket Free (No premium movie channels of course).

And as someone already responded to you, if you are under contract which most of us are they will not give it to you for free. 

I did say if you don't have a commitment you can do this.  But bottomline don't commit to them once your current contract ends (Ie let the old commitment/contract expire and just continue the service. That opens up a plethora of options).

Rejoice, if they can get the streaming to actually work in HD. For me it says I still can't get it. Hopefully stuff just haven't been updated yet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25265705/sunday-ticket-now-available-to-almost-anyone-without-directv-subscription

The biggest problem that most people have with "NFL Sunday Ticket" is that it's almost impossible to get unless you have a DirecTV subscription.

That's all going to change in 2015.

The satellite carrier, which is now owned by AT&T, announced on Monday that Sunday Ticket will now be available to almost anyone, even if they don't have a DirecTV subscription.

NFL fans willing to pony up $199-$359 will be able to stream every Sunday afternoon game this season. The packages will also be available in monthly installments that you can see below.

Does anyone know how this works? Is it an app that you download? Then after you pay, do you get a code to type in to activate the service or something like that?

Note: the article says that the streaming without satellite option is only available to people who live in places where you cannot get DirectTV. Like, apartments.

They used to just sell it to you if you called.  I thought about calling and telling them I can't get directTV because I live in the woods, which is true.  Trees tower over my house.

They used to just sell it to you if you called.  I thought about calling and telling them I can't get directTV because I live in the woods, which is true.  Trees tower over my house.

I'll probably wait until I hear some reports on if they figured out there streaming issues. If you could get a stable HD stream I'd figure out a way to purchase this package.

I'm still under contract.  Called tonight, downgraded to the standard sunday ticket package.  I don't care for game mix, red zone, fantasy stats, etc.  or streaming to my phone/tablet.  No need for it.

So its $251.00 total before discounts.  Was able to get the following discounts off my bill:  $7 off for 6 months for HBO, Starz, Max (each - total savings $126), $5 off for 6 months for sports max package ($30 total) and $3 off for 12 months for Regional Sports Network ($36 total).

So, basically, I will be paying $69 for the NFL Sunday Ticket this year.  I'm fine with that, it will be one of the first years I've paid for it.  Considering the savings I've made over the years though, I'm still on top.  

Wow is it different regional pricing or did you have a very robust programming request (Do you get everything?). Mine is about $85 a month with Sunday Ticket Free (No premium movie channels of course).

Yeah I have the premium package, service protection plan, multiple televisions, etc. I was going to downgrade to the regular package today, could've saved some money, probably should have.

I didn't bargain that hard. Probably could have gotten some free stuff if I got angry haha. I give them a lot of money.

Called DirectTV today and got the genie upgrade (i think thats what it is)

I got ticket for $20 a month / 6 months.

(nice southern girl appreciated my manners and jokes)

Then I told them to take centurylink and piss off.  I'm paying 70 a month for 20 meg, comcast will give me 75 meg for 65 a month.

Even she said to switch.

WINNING

Redskins in HD.

paloffs

You guys are all seriously missing out. Just call them, tell them you want to cancel, don't give in to their offers. Set a cancellation date like 2 weeks out. They called me back within 2hrs of doing that and offered me $45 off per month for 12 months, Free Sunday Ticket Max and a $200 Gift Card. A few others even got free HBO/Showtime for 3 months. It's super simple and took me all of 20-25 minutes to do. I still even had 6 months remaining on my current contract. Now, I only have a 12 month contract that will end every year before football season.

I live in an apartment and have Directv.

Some apartment complexes have exclusive contracts with Dish, some have policies stating you cannot hook up Satellites, some don't offer the proper sight lines and couldn't hook one up even if allowed.

I've seen one set of townhouses down the road where it was all Dish.  I've seen complexes, well been told by friends, they don't allow the installation of a satellite per complex rules.  

Ranging from it makes the neighborhood look gaudy if everyone had a dish mounted to not being able to do anything structural to the building (i.e. mounting a satellite on the roof/side of the building).

I've seen where they are allowed, but require them to be mounted on wooden posts in the backyard area of the complex.

Just going by what I saw as far as one complex of town homes all having dish satellites, assumed that it came with the place, now them changing to DTV, I have no idea if they can or not.  

As far as the apartments go, I had one friend tell me they didn't allow them, granted that has nothing to do with the laws/regulations and they may not have known any better.  This was years ago to, like back in the late 90s.

The apartment complex I lived in, they had regulations in place, stating we could not mount it on the building or deck.  We were on the top floor (2nd floor) and we could mount it onto a wooden pole/tripod thing and place on our deck.  If you were on the first floor, you could put in a post and mount it to that right in front of your patio.  It was limited to backyard sections and decks.  

I think there are some rules/regulations that apply where they can have restrictions based on the type of property your renting and what not.

I'll do one more year of DTV, then I'm cutting the chord. I just renewed for a year in July. Now I have to wait for HDST streaming to get perfected for 2016. Glad I didn't take the free equipment upgrade. They've been offering the same genie nonsense for a few years now. My boxes are from 2011.

Yeah my main thing is I am not willing to extend my contract past next year when it is set to run out. I am ready to cut the cord, and usually any "free nfl ticket" offers come with a mandatory contract extension.

It costs $20/month for how many months are left to cancel

You guys are all seriously missing out. Just call them, tell them you want to cancel, don't give in to their offers. Set a cancellation date like 2 weeks out. They called me back within 2hrs of doing that and offered me $45 off per month for 12 months, Free Sunday Ticket Max and a $200 Gift Card. A few others even got free HBO/Showtime for 3 months. It's super simple and took me all of 20-25 minutes to do. I still even had 6 months remaining on my current contract. Now, I only have a 12 month contract that will end every year before football season.

Happy to hear this worked. I just cancelled (before reading this post) basically thinking I'd call back tomorrow with an "are you sure you're gonna let me walk?...."

I cancelled despite not wanting to cause they stonewalled me. I've got 4 months remaining, and I told the guy what I wanted to accomplish (keep current situation, upgrade my boxes, renew the contract, free Sunday ticket max). He offered me 50% off ST, and took of thing that I have, and even without the ST price, still had me $20 over what I wanted. So I got pissed and cancelled.

I've gotta think they're dying on the vine a bit. Everyone I know is cutting the cord. Basically it's the hardcore football fans keeping their revenue stream afloat.

Hopefully they come back to me

Archived