Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2014

USS Redskins

Yeah, I think I'm done with this garbage. I bought the package last week. I can't get it to work on any of the platforms. I've been charged, it comes back as charged, and I've been on customer service support with DTV for hours. No help.

Damn man, you would think it could be an immediate reset or something at DTV.  I really hope they can fix it before kick-off for you man :(

LOL ... DTV customer service is a joke. They're now telling me I called the wrong number, and the number they're telling me to call is the one I called. Now they're all confused, and she's in a room with a bunch of techs having the same issue. Again, this is why DTV should not have this sort of monopoly, and the NFL needs to reassess what they do. What a joke. 

Just had to post this here -- my NFL GamePass idea is working!  The only issue I'm having is that the audio seems a little strange--. compressed, not much dynamic range. (I used to be an audio engineer so I'm more nitpicky about that than most people though.)

Finally, I don't have to find a bar every Sunday to watch my team.

EDIT: Oh no, I just read the other posts happening in this thread right now. I wasn't trying to rub it in, I swear. Hopefully DTV can get you going ASAP.

LOL ... DTV customer service is a joke. They're now telling me I called the wrong number, and the number they're telling me to call is the one I called. Now they're all confused, and she's in a room with a bunch of techs having the same issue. Again, this is why DTV should not have this sort of monopoly, and the NFL needs to reassess what they do. What a joke. 

That stinks man.  Are they gonna at least reimburse you some of the cost for their epic fail?

I scored free Sunday Ticket for the 3rd straight year.  It took about 15 minutes.  Said the same thing I do every year: "I'm going to cancel my DirecTV unless you give me free Sunday Ticket... Come on, I've been a customer since 1998 and I have to watch these ads on TV giving new customers free DirecTV."... I kept a calm and friendly voice, not argumentative.

boom... FREE Sunday Ticket!

The retention people all have the ability to give it to you free.  You just have to talk nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to vent ... so I apologize, but please bear with me.

I had some technical issues a couple of weeks ago before the Redskins v. Texans game with the NFL ST Online program. I spent all morning (as documented above) on the phone with DTV. They had no idea what was going on, as their support staff was getting redirected calls from the 3rd party because the 3rd party had been overwhelmed. Well I finally asked to just cancel my account. They told me it would take 7-10 business days to get the funds reimbursed, but they cancelled it .... or so I thought.

Today is business day #12. I had not seen my money. So I call the number, which now works and actually gets me to the 3rd party support staff that is handling DTV's online program. No record of me cancelling. I explain the situation, tell her I was routed to DTV main staff on that morning and was told my account would be refunded and my subscription cancelled.

Well she proceeds to tell me they have no record of such a request and if they cancel it now, they will have to take away the prorated amount from the first 3 weeks. I explain to her that I have not logged on to the system because it did not work initially and second because I had cancelled it. Thus, for the past 3 weeks, I have not logged in to or accessed the "now working" system that I had cancelled.

She went to her supervisor and came back and said they could refund me but it would take 7-10 business days and they would have to charge me the prorated amount of $58 for the first 3 weeks. I had to step back into my office and did not have time to go back on hold ... I requested she ACTUALLY note that I want to talk to a manager, and that I'd call back later.

I'm literally blowing steam out of my ears. $330 isn't chump change, especially for me ... and to disregard me as a customer like that is pathetic. I am going to be certain to let the supervisor know WHEN they meet my demands for a refund that I plan on purchasing a slingbox and using that in the future and that I will never, ever use their services. Pieces of ****.

@Kosher ... I had it in 2012 ... loved it ... I had DirecTV last year ... loved it 

This year it was trouble from day 1 ... but I didn't stick around! I cancelled it the Sunday morning of the 7th before the Skins game when it was apparent that it wasn't working. They told me 7-10 biz days for it to get back onto my card. Well 13 days later I called to see what the deal was, and you saw what happened above.

Somewhat happy ending to the story is that they put to to a supervisor who "took my word" and refunded me ... although he said once those Week 1 games kick off you're SOL on any form of refund. He said that it was clear I was having technical issues the morning of, although there were no notes to suggest I actually cancelled it, which is crap. He made me talk him in circles for about 20 minutes before agreeing to refund me. I lucked out, but the Man almost got me.

Still don't think you should have to deal with that crap when you pay that sort of money.

I called in last Thurs, the final day of my 2 year contract. I'm a 9 year customer. I was told that I could have the FULL Sunday Ticket package if I agreed to renew for another year. On top of that, they even offered me discounts to the tune of $15 off my bill every month for the next year, effectively lowering me to $86 per month from the $101 I pay now. I wasn't even bargaining for that.

I emphasized with the operator several times that I want the FULL ST package, not just RedZone. He said several times that I would have everything, gamemix, RZ, etc.

Well come Sunday I had to spend the the entire first quarter of our game on the phone with DTV bc I didn't have the RZ channel with Andrew Siciliano. It was blacked out, despite having the game mix activated. 

After haggling with the DTV agent and insisting I get access to the recorded conversation I had had with DTV last Thursday, I gave in and paid for RZ. It was only an additional $29. I didn't have the energy to continue haggling, I just wanted to watch football. 

Conclusion, they lie to us. It's nothing new. My brother worked for Verizon for years. All of the big carriers play the same games. If a phone agent makes a deal with a customer which a supervisor later deems to be too sweet, they'll just cancel it. They metaphorically crumble it up and toss it in the trash. When the customer calls back to find out wtf happened, there's no record of the deal. They then tell the customer that recorded conversations cannot be accessed, etc.  

@RFK ... I bet that's what happened to me. The supervisor told me that you can't cancel it once you've paid for it. I told him she said I could cancel and it was before any other games started. And that I was having technical issues. I mean he finally gave in, but it was just shady as hell. Like why were there literally NO notes of the conversation I had with the rep that said she was immediately cancelling my account and refunding me? It's not like I'm sitting here making it up lol

@RFK ... I bet that's what happened to me. The supervisor told me that you can't cancel it once you've paid for it. I told him she said I could cancel and it was before any other games started. And that I was having technical issues. I mean he finally gave in, but it was just shady as hell. Like why were there literally NO notes of the conversation I had with the rep that said she was immediately cancelling my account and refunding me? It's not like I'm sitting here making it up lol

It's a call center and unfortunately like any large company, they get what they pay for.  I just looked it up and it says they have 6000 reps in the customer service department.  Like any call center, they probably have minimal educational/experience requirements, offer very low wages (i.e. $10/hr - depending on what state they are in) and go through huge amounts of turnover.

I know, this isn't my problem or yours, but at the end of the day, it's the customer that suffers sometimes, especially at the hands of customer service call centers.  My best friend manages a call center that consists of about 300-400 people.  He said its a nightmare sometimes and so hard to get really hard workers that actually care because the wages are so low, which also forces a ton of turnover with the great employees they do have, cause they are moving on for more money.

As far as there being no call notes, that does not surprise me at all.  They get graded on the number of calls they answer per hour/day/etc.  They may write down what you say and go back and enter call notes later, or just say **** it and not enter any notes at all.  I imagine, the call volume is crazy busy so when we get a rep like that, its probably hard as hell for them to take any disciplinary action because they would have to go through thousands of calls to find your call and they aren't going to do that.

So, when you say I spoke with Susan last week, they probably don't even know who Susan is, or which one of the 20 Susans spoke with you, or if it was Susan that quit yesterday or maternity leave Susan, etc.  I know it sucks and I'm not taking up for them by any means.  I guess just working with insurance companies (dealing with the same thing - them not noting my calls) and the inner workings of a call center my friend manages, I understand how and why it happens.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that bull**** though, its a huge pain in the ass, I've been there before, just not with Direct TV, at that level.  

I've only had two issues with them, once was probably 7-8 years ago, I called up and told them I wanted them to upgrade my NFL Ticket to be the max package free or something and they were supposed to credit me on my next bill and didn't, no record of the call, etc.  Other time was this year when I upgraded to the Genie.  The lady didn't enter my order right and it was all messed up when the installation guy got here and he had to fix it, which took him being on hold for 30 minutes.  

To their credit, most of the DTV operators I've dealt with over the years are US based, and many of them are knowledgeable NFL fans.

It's kind of appeasing when they start dropping knowledge on your town or team, among the small talk they make to pass time while waiting for systems to process.

I think we can all agree that it's super annoying when an operator in an overseas call center asks you about your local weather, when its obvious they are just reading off a cue card; and neither one of you give a S about the weather.

RT @BryanDFischer Here’s said release. RT @NFL345: NFL and DIRECTV Extend NFL SUNDAY TICKET In New Multi-Year Deal http://t.co/E2wBXVwo52

So the big ol cable company gets an extension over Google. Did the NFL know more people would watch on Google? Did the NFL know that this DTV monopoly is the intense topic of ire amongst a growing, discontent, generation of millenials who have cut the cord? 

No, they don't care. They got your money. They got the millions you pay for cable every year. They're happy. 

So congrats to the behemoth for wresting control again for 8 more years and stifling competition with force. 

RT @BryanDFischer Here’s said release. RT @NFL345: NFL and DIRECTV Extend NFL SUNDAY TICKET In New Multi-Year Deal http://t.co/E2wBXVwo52

So the big ol cable company gets an extension over Google. Did the NFL know more people would watch on Google? Did the NFL know that this DTV monopoly is the intense topic of ire amongst a growing, discontent, generation of millenials who have cut the cord? 

No, they don't care. They got your money. They got the millions you pay for cable every year. They're happy. 

So congrats to the behemoth for wresting control again for 8 more years and stifling competition with force. 

I know it sucks for those that don't have Direct TV and have cut the cable cord, especially those that don't live in the market of their favorite teams.  But it's not a monopoly, by definition, and the NFL isn't doing anything illegal.  

The NFL has the right to choose what company they sell the rights to show their games to.  Direct TV pays them a ton of money because it generates subscribers and keeps subscribers for their business.  Also, the option of rolling it out to multiple cable/satellite companies would be a huge headache, they only have to worry about one contract and not 4 or 5 more.  

With that said, does anyone know what Google offered the NFL?  DTV is paying 50% more a year (1.5 billion) to extend the contract.  Now I know that Google has more revenue, it's possible they didn't want to bid that high.  The NFL already has streaming options via smart phones, tablets, kindle fire, PC, Macs, PS3, PS4 and Xbox One.

They don't need Google.  People that want to stream it are going to stream it.  They would have to break down the entire current infrastructure and rebuild a new one by switching over to Google or another company.  Most likely, it's still going to cost a **** load for the package.

It sucks, I know.  My guess is they are working on adding more streaming devices that will carry it (based on the fact that the consoles do), and who knows, it may include plans for Apple TV and Google Chrome and Roku.  Honestly, say it went to Google, I guarantee the price for the base package would still be a lot of money.  

Hell yeah.  I'm pleased with that.  Had DirecTV for almost 7 years now, glad they kept it or else I would've had to scram.

I can honestly sympathize for those that can't have DTV, whether it be prohibited at say their apartment complex, already paying for cable/internet through another provider, can't afford it, etc.  Hell, I was in that boat back in 98 when we got married, my apartment allowed dishes, but mine was located with no sight lines, so I couldn't get a signal.  

Had to go to continue going to bars and watching Skins games cause of the Panthers taking the local market.  ****, there was no such thing as smart phones, tablets, streaming games on PC back then either.  

If they had gone to Google and the only option would have been to watch on my PC, I would be one pissed off customer.  If they made it streaming through Google Chrome and I'd have had to drop $30-50 bucks on one, well, that would be fine.  Cause I could still watch it on my TV.  

I honestly think they would piss off more people that have it already by switching over and changing things up than its worth to them.  

I actually don't have any issues with Directv and I loved it for the year I had it. But when I moved ... I had to cancel my contract. And being out of market and not accessible to a dish, it does stink to not have a good option. That said, it seems like the online version is working ... and fortunately I fit into the region that allows it. 

But if I'm paying $330 for it, please make sure it works. ANd if it doesn't work, please just refund me my money. That's all I ask.

FWIW, all of the call-center folks I spoke with at DTV were easy to deal with and pretty nice. It wasn't their fault they couldn't do anything ... only person I have an issue with is the lady I spoke to on the first Sunday of the season who supposedly cancelled it, yet never entered notes or cancelled it. ALmost cost me $330 of my actual hard-earned money! But even she was super nice that morning and I was impressed with the quality of their call-center folks. 

1.5B a year is an absurd number. If I were them, I would sell ST packages on every conceivable platform.

Just think about that... no matter how many or how few subscribers they have to ST, they have to give the NFL $1,500,000,000 each year.

Archived