Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2014

USS Redskins

I called to cancel it because that was really my intention (wasn't fishing for a deal) and they pretty much let me cancel it outright without any kind of haggling or "well sir, how about we..." kind of deal.  

In year's past the rep gave me pretty much enough discount on my programming packages to offset any cost of NFL Ticket.  

Maybe with more people cutting the cord, they are buckling down on those who they have around the neck still in a contract.

It would stand to reason that cable/satellite providers are starting to feel the pinch.  Anecdotally we know more and more people giving up cable, and the options are out there now where you're really not missing much.  You can even get ESPN on SlingTV, just not NFL games.

I wish they'd do something like the Madden promotion from a few years back, but I think they decided that didn't go the way they wanted.

I created a thread back in May about how to get Sunday Ticket for free. Not sure if it still works now, but here's what I did.

Called to cancel my service. They offered me like $10 off/month and I told them that wasn't going to help and I wanted my service turned off 2 weeks from the day I called. They said fine and set everything up to cancel. About 2 hours later or so, I get a phone call from the Retention Dept I'm guessing, and they offered me $45 off/month, free Sunday Ticket Max and a $200 Visa Gift Card. Oh and I still had 6 months left on my 2yr contract. So, give it a shot.

Well i called last week. Told them my bill way getting out of hand..paying $110 a month for just basic and i couldn't afford another $42 for the Sunday ticket. They offered me to lower the package to $39 a month...so i cancelled it.

Going to call back this week to see if they have any specials for existing customers and see what they say.

Matt when you did that dont you have to pay an early cancellation fee? I told them i would renew my contract but they said i couldn't because im under contract for another 6 months. 

Well i called last week. Told them my bill way getting out of hand..paying $110 a month for just basic and i couldn't afford another $42 for the Sunday ticket. They offered me to lower the package to $39 a month...so i cancelled it.

Going to call back this week to see if they have any specials for existing customers and see what they say.

Matt when you did that dont you have to pay an early cancellation fee? I told them i would renew my contract but they said i couldn't because im under contract for another 6 months. 

No early cancellation fee. My service was never turned off. They told me I would have to pay one, but since I never actually cancelled, I was good.

30 mins on the phone, I gave in to half price ST (full package) and another year of total choice, 3 tvs, and a DVR for under $100 per month. I haven't upgraded my equipment since 2011, bc I keep hoping that 'next year' will be my last as a cable/sat subscriber. Like many others, it's only the sports that keep me hanging on.

DTV has us out-of-towners by the balls, unfortunately. Screw the Stadium's "where to watch the game online" thread.

Want to know the sad part?  The bootleg streams have better video quality than the official DTV feed if you use their streaming Sunday Ticket service.  Their servers just are not up to the task, but since they have a monopoly they don't even care.

Want to know the sad part?  The bootleg streams have better video quality than the official DTV feed if you use their streaming Sunday Ticket service.  Their servers just are not up to the task, but since they have a monopoly they don't even care.

You talking about on your phone ? I've never tried that.

Otherwise that is untrue. Their HD broadcast is great, if you do not get HD it is horrible. Only argument I used to make is that I already pay for HD and that they were trying to double dip. Problem solved.

I called to cancel my ST because it showed up on the bill. They offered me $25 off. Then $50 off. But that's it. Went ahead and cancelled. Plenty of time left and I want to see where pricing on that nfl game pass thing comes in. If it's $200 cheaper I can deal with waiting a few hours on media blackout and watching skins games at 730

I'm either going to a bar or just streaming games online. I am sure I will go to Buffalo Wild Wings at least for the first month of the season while I get a gauge of what the team looks like and all, but it looks like another hellacious season after that, then I don't want resorting to internet streams.

DTV has a deal at Sam's Club. The standard half off first year on service, free Ticket, 3 months free HBO/Skinamax/Starz/Showtime. 

PLUS $200 Sams gift card.

I don't get why they do a credit check if they're billing to a credit card though. So I had them do they non social credit check to avoid the hard pull inquiry (currently carrying 2) on my credit report because I now a 3rd drops my rating. 

They'll be here in 2 days(which is the end of my cable bundle bull**** trial thingie) just hoping the neighbor's big ass tree behind me isn't in the way. 

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp?DID=1768937

Archived