Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2014

USS Redskins

You talking about on your phone ? I've never tried that.

Otherwise that is untrue. Their HD broadcast is great, if you do not get HD it is horrible. Only argument I used to make is that I already pay for HD and that they were trying to double dip. Problem solved.

I'm specifically talking about phone/tablet/computer where you're streaming through your internet connection rather than actually getting a satellite feed.  We never had any problems with the satellite HD feed.  One year we did the Madden promotion where you bought a special pricier version of Madden and got an access code for streaming the Sunday NFL Ticket without having to have a DirecTV subscription.

The quality of the stream was horrendous.  Literally as bad or worse as the original Youtube videos that could only play in 240p or whatever it was.  All kinds of skipping, buffering, etc., and it wasn't our web connection.  DTV's servers just weren't up to the task of pushing all that streaming content.  There were complaints all over the web, but with them having an exclusive contract it doesn't matter.

Are they still doing the online streaming NFL Sunday Ticket for PC where you can pay $200 dollars? I tried ordering it today but it told me just to put in my email address...no email yet.

Yeah, I'm having same issue trying to find it and coming up short. Can't have DTV at the apartment but am eligible for online streaming. It may be choppy but it's better than the online sites that cut out several times a game and quality isn't always great. 

Yeah, I'm having same issue trying to find it and coming up short. Can't have DTV at the apartment but am eligible for online streaming. It may be choppy but it's better than the online sites that cut out several times a game and quality isn't always great. 

Same here ELK, keep me posted if you hear anything and I will do the same.  Maybe it's too early since preseason has not officially started?

Not sure if anyone has posted this info yet.  I was deployed to Turkey last year and the only option I had was watching the games on NFL Game Pass.  It's basically like Sunday Ticket but it's a lot cheaper and you can stream the games in HD on your computer or tablet.  From there you can throw it up on your tv.  Only problem is, you can't be in the states to use it, you have to be overseas.  Found a workaround last night.  I went and signed up for a service at unblock us.com  It basically changes your VPN to show a different country.  Changed mine to Germany.  That service is 4.99 a month combined with my 35.95 monthly fee for NFL Game Pass, comes out to a little over 40 a month for four months.  NFL Game Pass offers different packages as well.  You can Choose to just watch the Redskins for a cheaper price and or pay a little more and get all the games.  They also offer all of the preseason games and backdated games from 2009 and up I believe.  It's definitely worth checking out.  This will be my third year using this service.  Yes you do have to pay for it but the convenience and games in HD make it well worth it.  If you guys have any questions please let me know.  Thanks! 

That's for all the games.  Except for the post season stuff.

That's my fault. I misread what you posted. Thanks again.

How much is the difference for just the Redskins games ?

I've been clamouring for that for over a decade. The rest I can watch on the other typical stations.

Ok I ask this every year. Why are any of you paying for Sunday Ticket?  This is the 5th year in a row I will get it free. All you have to do is say you are thinking of cancelling your service and ask for any incentives that may convince you to stay (you then generally get $10-20  off a month from your bill)  then you state that you will keep it they give you Sunday Ticket as well and they will then throw that in on top of the money discount.

Not sure if anyone has posted this info yet.  I was deployed to Turkey last year and the only option I had was watching the games on NFL Game Pass.  It's basically like Sunday Ticket but it's a lot cheaper and you can stream the games in HD on your computer or tablet.  From there you can throw it up on your tv.  Only problem is, you can't be in the states to use it, you have to be overseas. 

I tried this when I was in Guam but got screwed.  Couldn't get the games on TV because I was overseas.  Couldn't get Game Pass because I was technically part of the US.  I just couldn't win.  It was a long 3 years.

Ok I ask this every year. Why are any of you paying for Sunday Ticket? This is the 5th year in a row I will get it free. All you have to do is say you are thinking of cancelling your service and ask for any incentives that may convince you to stay (you then generally get $10-20 off a month from your bill) then you state that you will keep it they give you Sunday Ticket as well and they will then throw that in on top of the money discount.

I've gotten it free many times myself but it only works when you aren't under contract.

I've gotten it free many times myself but it only works when you aren't under contract.

I can see that, I did have to agree to a 12 month contract to get it this time. That said it was only for 12 months which means I can do this again next year (They don't always ask for you to agree to a contract either - last year I didn't have to get a contract).

Not sure if anyone has posted this info yet.  I was deployed to Turkey last year and the only option I had was watching the games on NFL Game Pass.  It's basically like Sunday Ticket but it's a lot cheaper and you can stream the games in HD on your computer or tablet.  From there you can throw it up on your tv.  Only problem is, you can't be in the states to use it, you have to be overseas.  Found a workaround last night.  I went and signed up for a service at unblock us.com  It basically changes your VPN to show a different country.  Changed mine to Germany.  That service is 4.99 a month combined with my 35.95 monthly fee for NFL Game Pass, comes out to a little over 40 a month for four months.  NFL Game Pass offers different packages as well.  You can Choose to just watch the Redskins for a cheaper price and or pay a little more and get all the games.  They also offer all of the preseason games and backdated games from 2009 and up I believe.  It's definitely worth checking out.  This will be my third year using this service.  Yes you do have to pay for it but the convenience and games in HD make it well worth it.  If you guys have any questions please let me know.  Thanks! 

Game Pass is changing up this year.  Available in the states.  $100.  Drawback is that for regular sunday 1 or 4 pm games, you can't start watching until after the last 4 pm game has ended.  Otherwise it sounds awesome.  There's a thread about it in the Stadium.

Game Pass is changing up this year.  Available in the states.  $100.  Drawback is that for regular sunday 1 or 4 pm games, you can't start watching until after the last 4 pm game has ended.  Otherwise it sounds awesome.  There's a thread about it in the Stadium.

So basically it's still useless and way overpriced.

(Snark aimed at the NFL, not you.)

I'd go with chrisbarrett27's workaround before I'd pay $100 for reruns of games.

So basically it's still useless and way overpriced.

(Snark aimed at the NFL, not you.)

I'd go with chrisbarrett27's workaround before I'd pay $100 for reruns of games.

Come on guys If you have Direct TV and are not under a commitment that takes you into the season you can get the Ticket for Free ( and if your a good negotiator $10-25 off your monthly bill for 12 months). If you don't have Direct TV switch to it and then ask for Sunday Ticket for free. Why the hell is everyone trying to figure how to get to see these games for 10-50% off and think they are getting great deals? If I were a used car sales man I'd want to you all  as customers.

Come on guys If you have Direct TV and are not under a commitment that takes you into the season you can get the Ticket for Free ( and if your a good negotiator $10-25 off your monthly bill for 12 months). If you don't have Direct TV switch to it and then ask for Sunday Ticket for free. Why the hell is everyone trying to figure how to get to see these games for 10-50% off and think they are getting great deals? If I were a used car sales man I'd want to you all  as customers.

And as someone already responded to you, if you are under contract which most of us are they will not give it to you for free. 

And as someone already responded to you, if you are under contract which most of us are they will not give it to you for free. 

Not true. I still had 6 months left on mine. Called and said I wanted to cancel and set a cancellation date. They called me back 2 hours later. $45 off/month for 12 months and free Sunday Ticket Max.

Come on guys If you have Direct TV and are not under a commitment that takes you into the season you can get the Ticket for Free ( and if your a good negotiator $10-25 off your monthly bill for 12 months). If you don't have Direct TV switch to it and then ask for Sunday Ticket for free. Why the hell is everyone trying to figure how to get to see these games for 10-50% off and think they are getting great deals? If I were a used car sales man I'd want to you all  as customers

Well since we cut cable we're not really looking to go back in that direction.  We had DirecTV and didn't watch enough to justify the price, even with me calling regularly to do the dance where we "complain" and get discounts.  I'm also just done supporting an archaic business model that's basically built on doing as little as they can get away with.

@zoony: When we had the Sunday NFL Ticket online version we tried it all three ways - cell, wifi and wired.  It was just a terrible signal from DirecTV's end.  My complaint with the NFL offering GamePass for $100 isn't the price, it's that you have to wait until the games are over to view it, which is pointless if part of the fun is chatting with friends and keeping up with fantasy.

It's probably a moot point as we should be able to get the games with an antenna, so we'll see how that goes this year.

Archived