Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

How can Nat fans be salty about the Mets?

Ok sorry - there was never much of an Expos-Mets rivalry... I grew up rooting for the Mets (Jersey roots in my family). I would place the Yankees, Phillies, and Braves as bigger rivals from this side of the fence.

I did move out of DC area 2000... local baseball was and will always be the Orioles.

The Mets run shows you that you go for it when you have the chance.  I don't care about the future and setting up the team for a run for 10 years.  I don't want to be the eagles.  

Unfortunately the Nats were the Dream Team and now we're about to watch the 9-7 Giants, I mean Mets, win a championship. 

You moved in 2000, 5 years before the Nats came to town, so I totally understand how you feel you can speak authoritatively about DC baseball.

I'm not a nats fan, but you're spot on. If Fergasun can't understand why Nationals Fans are salty about the mets and their position in the playoffs, he needs some serious education.

So what will be the Cubs fan's excuse this year. They always have something t blame besides their team's performance. No Bartman, no goat, just pure suck. So who will they blame?

The Cubs certainly overachieved a bit this year. Most thought they would be an improved team this year and contend for a WC spot. I don't think anyone thought they would have had the 3rd best record in baseball and made the NLCS. Cubs are going to be around for a long time with all the young talent they have.

I think if this Cubs team had made it to th World Series then the heartbreak would have been much worse because I didn't see them winning it all. They will be better next year and can make another run.

So what will be the Cubs fan's excuse this year. They always have something t blame besides their team's performance. No Bartman, no goat, just pure suck. So who will they blame?

This is being thrown around as the "Back to the Future" curse.:P

As long as Toronto is out, I won't care who wins it.

I just hope they (toronto) can make it a 7 game series so the Royals are that much more used up when they play the mets.

sorry nats fans. But cheering for The Royals is equal to cheering for the Seahawks.

The Cubs fans should blame no one but their ownership for the "curse". Too many years has their ownership relied on the park rather than the team to put butts in the seats. They knew as long as Wrigley stood, the team could lose 100 games and still people would flock to the park. That's on them.

Now, that said, I'm not sure the Cubs have the pitching to be a dominant playoff team for multiple years. You have Arrieta, who had never won more than 10 games before and now he wins 22, and then you have...Lester or Wood?  Unless they go after and get Price or Greinke or even a lower level name like Mike Leake, I really don''t see them repeating this year's success. Especially when the league adjusts to Schwarber and Bryant. 

The Cubs fans should blame no one but their ownership for the "curse". Too many years has their ownership relied on the park rather than the team to put butts in the seats. They knew as long as Wrigley stood, the team could lose 100 games and still people would flock to the park. That's on them.

Now, that said, I'm not sure the Cubs have the pitching to be a dominant playoff team for multiple years. You have Arrieta, who had never won more than 10 games before and now he wins 22, and then you have...Lester or Wood?  Unless they go after and get Price or Greinke or even a lower level name like Mike Leake, I really don''t see them repeating this year's success. Especially when the league adjusts to Schwarber and Bryant. 

Is this a long way of saying next year is an even year and we all know the Giants will win the WS?

Is this a long way of saying next year is an even year and we all know the Giants will win the WS?

I wish. :P

But no, I just think the Cubs will regress from this year. Unless they pick up some more pitching. And as good as Arrieta was this year, he has done nothing (in his first 4 years before this year) to show that this wasn't an abberation. 

Also..MATTINGLY is out in LA. Yay. And boo. Hate seeing the Dodgers act competent.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/AP-source-Don-Mattingly-out-as-LA-Dodgers-manager-6583992.php

I wouldn't underestimate Theo and Maddon to field another good team next year.

If Bryant is a good player, he's a good player. I like when fans of another team state the rest of the league will "catch up to him." I guess the league is still trying to catch up to Trout, Harper and Manny. They better hurry up.

I wouldn't underestimate Theo and Maddon to field another good team next year.

If Bryant is a good player, he's a good player. I like when fans of another team state the rest of the league will "catch up to him." I guess the league is still trying to catch up to Trout, Harper and Manny. They better hurry up.

Sure, they are the exclusion to the rule. I tend to believe that breakout stars as Rookies usually don't last. Geovany Soto. Chris Coghlan. That's 2 NL ROY winners in the last 7 years that really did little after their NL ROY years. Of course, Posey, Harper, Braun, Howard, and Pujols are still raking. Although time has set on Howard, probably. But how many of the position players who were breakout stars at Rookies (including those who didn't win ROY)  were capable of lasting at that level for an extended period of time?

Maybe Bryant and Schwarber last. Maybe they don't. But counting on that level of production in their sophomore year is always dangerous. 

Maybe Bryant and Schwarber last. Maybe they don't. But counting on that level of production in their sophomore year is always dangerous. 

At least they are relatively cheap right now and the Cubs could sign another 'good' but not bank-breaking starter or two to fill in the middle of the rotation. No offense to Jason Hammel, but he's not exactly the guy you want saving your season. We all saw how it ended up last night. Woof. 

The Cubs like snagging former O's and Wei-Yin Chen is available this offseason. He can join Arrieta, Strop, Hammel, Hunter and Wada over there!

Archived