Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Truth. He's the reason why my favorite position became (and still is) center field. Used to dream of chasing down and diving for balls and climbing the wall, robbing cats if hr's

Watching Griffey led me to a few other Mariners I hold in high regard, Big Unit & Edgar Martinez

What about Jay Buhner!

I love the pretentious writers who don't vote for sure fire guys becuase "nobody should be first ballot." What a joke. Get up off your high horse.

There isn't a more obnoxious group of people then old time sports writers.

John Feinstein immediately comes to mind, as well as a few others...

They wanted Gordon originally but couldn't afford him anymore after the Cueto signing. I know it was between Span and Fowler..hope they made the right choice.

He'll either play CF or LF for them with Pagan not being able to play CF probably anymore. 

Giants with the even year mojo should be a threat this year (although they need a healthy Belt at 1b and Joe Panik to return from injury 100%).. 

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Jeff Kent is polling so low amongst HOF voters. He was clean. His numbers are impressive (most homers for 2b in the history of MLB, 3rd most RBIs, lifetime .290 hitter, etc.) and I think all time he's in the top 20 of all MLB second basemen. And yet he's only polling at 15%. 

Ironic that Clemens and Bonds can't sniff the hall, when any baseball insider will tell you that Piazza was the original 'roid machine.  A nobody in the minors, suddenly develops incredible power in his third year, while everyone in the locker room can see that his back looks like a pepperoni pizza.   His back acne suddenly cleared up as soon as MLB started testing for steroids.  He even admitted to using andro and other PEDs multiple times.  

But we can't PROVE steroids, and he won't admit it, so it didn't happen, so he's in.   Kind of silly.    

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Heyman@JonHeyman 1m1 minute agoFlorida, USA

justin upton is close to a deal with the tigers

Jon Heyman@JonHeyman 25s25 seconds agoFlorida, USA

sources: upton will be getting long-term deal from tigers

I thought theyd bring Cespedes back. Funny, in August everyone was talking about how much Cespedes was going to get. Now, he and Desmond are in the same boat...

Archived