Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Murphy is a free-agent...and we might need a 2nd baseman next year. Just sayin'

please don't jinx him, there are billions of pounds of karma hanging in the balance whether intentional or unintentional in this post please nooo nooo nooo.... lol 

----------------------------------------------

ok so blue jays are finally showing some life so that's probably a good thing... from the mets matchup perspective I don't really have a rooting interest since both the AL teams are quite different with entirely different challenges but if the mets lose the NLCS I'd rather see the Jays/Cubs instead of Royals/Cubs... from the mets perspective however seeing Cueto not be lights out can only be a good thing obviously.

ugh... well, the royals are clearly the best team left this year, they play loose and make it look effortless. Whoever faces them in the world series will be the underdog for sure, disregarding their home field advantage anyway.  

They are clearly on a mission, and have no blatant weakness either. 

I'm not sure if it's better for the NLCS teams to hope they win in 5 so they might get a cold spell going into the world series or for the blue jays to win another game and perhaps change the pitching rotation/weaken arms etc... I mean, until proven otherwise, it's hard to assume the Royals actually lose the ALCS at this point.

----------------

This game is agonizing to an extreme level but somehow murphy hit another HR... ridiculous but degrom better get hot quickly 

well, I'm not punching any tickets in yet, but the cubbies youth showed in that game and has been a significant difference in the series up to this point.  Kris Bryant has shown his youth a few times in a few fielding occurrences, Schwarber had his hand in a few mistakes tonight, Rizzo taking the risk on the double play instead of the out at the plate.

The mets pitching is young, but it's not as young compared to the cubbies young players. Syndergaard is 23 and Matz is 24,  but Degrom is 27 and Harvey is 26, Schwarber is 22, Bryant is 23, Soler is 23, Baez 22, and Rizzo just turned 26.

Their talent is off the charts, and are probably the more sustainable set of young talent than a bunch of SPs, but things have been going the mets way this series.  Not really due to luck however, more just small plays that have made the difference in the games.  The strike three ball getting past montero was the 2nd time that's happened in postseason history I saw in a USA Today article, that was the "luckiest" thing that's happened for sure.  Although, I don't know if they were trying a certain pitch or something, but that was at least the 3rd ball that bounced in front first so they were sort of playing with fire there. 

It really doesn't matter though, the royals are too complete of a team by a significant margin of all the teams left and score runs without even trying.  I think the Royals are the one team that won't feel affected by the SP of the mets, and the Mets won't be able to rely on eeking out wins based on small incremental plays like they could with the cubbies since the Royals are the kings at that.  If the Cubs made it against the royals though, who the heck knows since that means they would have went 4-0 the rest of this series and they might be able to do anything. 

Yeah if it ends up this way, I'm 100% behind the Royals. With that said, pleaseeeee Cubs pull out a 4 game win!

Lets all just resign ourselves to the fact that the Mets are winning it all, and their dickbag fans will flood our stadium again, like the Phillies fans did in 2009

Mets are clearly not going to win it all because it's the mets, don't worry, the royals or cubbies or blue jays will..... mets can definitely not hang with the royals and their pitching mystique will implode to Blue Jays/Cubs inevitably

---------------

that was huge there by duda... holy crap

Hammel gone, huge for war of attrition if cubs win tonight...

I dont think either of the AL teams will be affected by the mets destiny type stuff the way the n.l. teams were because both the dodgers and cubs have separate pressures of their own, the Clayton kershaw playoff crap, and then the cubs the w.s. draught stuff... the royals and blue jays can easily just play their game and not worry about all the starting pitcher talk crap.... and mets didn't even make it yet anyways 4-0 lead on the cubs is like 1-0 against other teams

lol... well I'll worry about the murphy stuff later he's not like that in the regular season, at least never has been yet.  And he will be 31 next season too, but he's amazing this postseason so far. 

That game never felt comfortable even with the 8-1 lead for a short while.  The cubs are explosive for sure and kris bryant gave everyone a reminder of what he can do at the end of the game

with a 5 day layoff I'm worried about starting off the next series cold, but It's gotta help the pitchers and is obviously great for degrom and harvey (and most likely syndergaard too) since they would rather rest than pitch more innings... I still think both the AL teams are not going to be intimidated by the mets however, I think they faced two teams with demons of their own but surely capitalized on it.  Blue Jays are like the vet version of the cubs, and the Royals are the team that doesn't need bombs to log up the runs, with great overall pitching of their own... we'll see what happens in the rest of the ALCS

Archived